Team-BHP - Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Tyre & Alloy wheel Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/)
-   -   Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/103665-maruti-suzuki-swift-tyre-wheel-upgrade-thread-104.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by nvc_4125
hi,

I want to change my JK Tyre to new set of tyre.

I short listed few tyres which are as under. (tyre size: 185x70xR14)

1. Yokohama A-Drive
2. Continental ContiEcoContact 3
3. Bridgestone Turenza AR10/Potenza My01
4. Michelin XM2

my priority is comfort, low road noise and handaling.

from all of these which one is good for me?
:)

I have been using 195/60 r15 yoko a drives on my swift and am very happy with the performance. Will definitely recommend. Have read good things about xm2 also.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nvc_4125 (Post 2891426)
hi,

I want to change my JK Tyre to new set of tyre.

I short listed few tyres which are as under. (tyre size: 185x70xR14)

1. Yokohama A-Drive
2. Continental ContiEcoContact 3
3. Bridgestone Turenza AR10/Potenza My01
4. Michelin XM2

my priority is comfort, low road noise and handaling.

from all of these which one is good for me?
:)

Have driven a 185/70/R14 XM1+. The riding is super comfy, silent and handles very well. I think the XM2s are the next gen xm1+.

Has anyone tried 195/70/14 tyres on their Swifts?
How is it? Does it foul anywhere under full load/full lock?
Did you put it on alloys or stock steelies?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sankar (Post 2895595)

In the old Swift, the maximum tyre width that is recommended for the stock steel wheel is 185mm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sankar (Post 2895595)

In the old swift, the rear tire used touch the wheel well.
No idea with the new one.

Depends a lot on what rims you get.

A customer of mine expressly insisted on and got 195/70/14 Yoko A-drives fitted onto steel rims on his car. His is a 3 year old car. No fouling on full lock, no scraping at the rear with 4 people but no luggage. Will put up pics in a day or two as his alloys are yet to come in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjbiju (Post 2895648)
In the old Swift, the maximum tyre width that is recommended for the stock steel wheel is 185mm.

Yes, but i want to go for 195 just for filling that wheel wells and to gain a bit more GC.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpzen (Post 2895976)
In the old swift, the rear tire used touch the wheel well.
No idea with the new one.

Depends a lot on what rims you get.

Was it with the stock wheels/alloys with stock offset or alloys with some negatve offset?

If i do go for 195/70/14 i'm planning to put it on stock steelies/stock old ZXi alloys. Right now i have a set of Neo Urban alloys with stock tyres which is on the car, but if i put 195 on these alloys it looks like the tyres will foul with rear fender.

Stock offset is 38 and the Neo Urban is 32 iirc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WasavaTyres (Post 2896088)
A customer of mine expressly insisted on and got 195/70/14 Yoko A-drives fitted onto steel rims on his car. His is a 3 year old car. No fouling on full lock, no scraping at the rear with 4 people but no luggage. Will put up pics in a day or two as his alloys are yet to come in.

Thanks! It helped! I too am thinking of putting it on steelies. When your customer comes back to you for his alloys can you please take a pic of the car with tyres mounted on steelies and alloys and share it here?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sankar (Post 2896320)
Was it with the stock wheels/alloys with stock offset or alloys with some negatve offset?

It was on alloys, don't remember the exact specs of alloys.

Btw, why are you not considering 195/65-14 ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpzen (Post 2896384)
It was on alloys, don't remember the exact specs of alloys.

Btw, why are you not considering 195/65-14 ?

To gain a bit more GC and to make the wheel well look filled.
Comparing with stock 165/80/14 the 195/70/14 is 0.9cm larger in dia and the 195/65/14 is 1.5cm smaller in dia as per Tyre Size Calculator. 195/65 will look less filled(?) than the stock tyres and with 195/70 it can close the gap by almost 1 cm. The streets are pothole ridden and i'm thinking that the higher sidewall should give some relief.

I hope 195/70 on stock 5j wheels doesn't create any handling problems.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sankar (Post 2896405)
I hope 195/70 on stock 5j wheels doesn't create any handling problems.

The maximum tyre width for 5J is 185 so 195 would not give you the right performance. Additionally there will be more body roll and lower high speed stability with 195/70's. 185/70/14 would cope with potholes quite well. Apart from filling the wheel wells the disadvantages of a 195/70 would not be worth it.

I had the tyres changed today. Bought a set of 5 Michelin XM2 in 185/70/14 size. Got them mounted on the stock steelies. The 185 XM2's looked a wee bit wider than the 185 Accelere, section width dimension as per the Michelin website is 189.

Sold my 3k run tyres for 1k each, which isn't a lot but still not bad and saves me the hassle from trying to sell it.

The car now rides great and don't crash into potholes as much as it used to with 165 tyres and the tyre and road noise is surprisingly low.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sankar
I had the tyres changed today. Bought a set of 5 Michelin XM2 in 185/70/14 size. Got them mounted on the stock steelies. The 185 XM2's looked a wee bit wider than the 185 Accelere, section width dimension as per the Michelin website is 189.

Sold my 3k run tyres for 1k each, which isn't a lot but still not bad and saves me the hassle from trying to sell it.

The car now rides great and don't crash into potholes as much as it used to with 165 tyres and the tyre and road noise is surprisingly low.

How much did each tyre cost? I have got a quote of 4700. Planning on changing them in a week or 2.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reality (Post 2902807)
How much did each tyre cost? I have got a quote of 4700. Planning on changing them in a week or 2.

I paid 4850 for each tyre, the quote you got looks good.
I got a quote of 3900 for the MRF ZLO in the same size and was tempted to go for it, but it was a different dealer and he wouldn't buy stock tyres from me. So went ahead with XM2 as its price came to ZLO range with buy back.

Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_0682.jpg

Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_0687.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sankar (Post 2902727)
I had the tyres changed today. Bought a set of 5 Michelin XM2 in 185/70/14 size.

Let us know how the XM2 is performing in the wet. I am looking at the 185/65 R15 to upgrade from the stock ZVTV.

There are only 2 grooves for cross section 185 and below. The 195 and above features 3 grooves.

Been wondering how the 185 will perform with 2 grooves in the wet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reality (Post 2902807)

Hi Reality!
I got a quote today of 4800. In a shop at Borivali with fitting could I please: know which area you got the quote from? Thanks!