Team-BHP - Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Tyre & Alloy wheel Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/)
-   -   Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/103665-maruti-suzuki-swift-tyre-wheel-upgrade-thread-54.html)

@abhishek. thats not a A drive. it is ES100 195/60/15. So far i have driven around 200 Kms(only in city). Tires are performing exceptionally well in cornering. Braking has improved a lot. I feel car is now properly planted and stick to the road.
Braking on stock was awful.
Quite a few people have complimented me for White on White. :D

@nisarg very nice choice of rims !! congratulations!

Quote:

Originally Posted by nisarg86 (Post 1514325)
@abhishek. thats not a A drive. it is ES100 195/60/15. So far i have driven around 200 Kms(only in city). Tires are performing exceptionally well in cornering. Braking has improved a lot. I feel car is now properly planted and stick to the road.
Braking on stock was awful.
Quite a few people have complimented me for White on White. :D

Thats great then. :)

Its your personal choice about the tire combination for your car. I liked the white and white. :thumbs up

Actually my silver swift has the similar alloy design with matt black finish.

Quote:

Originally Posted by praveen4554 (Post 1513954)
Gagan 195/60 -R15 is the deent set up on swift - all your requirements would be met. You are looking for a decent make up for ur swift - my suggestion is go for some good alloys -15" with the tyre size mentioned above .

Btw which colour car ?

Thanks Praveen!!The car is "Silky Silver". If I am not able to get a good deal on the OEM alloys, I will be going for new alloys and that surely will be 15". I think Lenso is most popular brand @ TBHP so will be going for that. How much should I expect to shell out for the alloys alone 25k?

Quote:

Originally Posted by _abhishek (Post 1514183)
Gagan,
If budget permits, in my opinion you can go for 195/60/15. Since you'll have to go for new set of alloys and tires, it will be expensive.

Otherwise, going for XM1+ with stock wheels is also a better option. One of my friend has these. The ride quality is much better than what we get in stock tires, and also the handling is good.

FE will not decrease either ways.

Thanks Abhishek!! If I am not able to source stock alloys at a decent price will have to go for new alloys.

How much would the XM1+ cost in 185 and 195. Any guess

Background - With flash of idiocy and limited research, I decided to go for 205/50/R16 wheels for my Swift VDI. Bought them by paying 48k.

Problems -

1) Very very harsh, rough ride, could feel even the pebbles on the road
2) Drop in pick up, slow acceleration
3) Car does not go above 120 KMPH on a flat road
4) Wierd suspension/brake noise
5) Drop in FE
6) Left drag

Remedy - Sold the wheels back to the deal for 25k after using them for 2 months and 2 k Kms.

Questions - 1) Is the drop in top speed normal, have other also experienced this? 2) What is the stock rim width size and what should be the ideal upgrade alloy wheel width? I think my alloys had rim size of 7.5..not sure though.

I regret my decision of going for 16 inch wheels and 205 profile and ended up loosing 24k. Now I am back to 16/80/R14, Thank God I did not sell them while buying the alloys. Sad experience over all!

195/60/R15 is the tried-n-tested size for the swift.
One question : Are all the 6 problems sorted after you mounted your stock set?

Stick to 195's in 14 or 15 inch and everything will be aok, anything more is an overkill with our indian swifts, be it petrol or diesel.

Hi guys,

What about 205/55/R15s??

Not sure what benefit 205 provides over 195 apart from the big, fat and yummy looks. The spare probably is gonna bulge out of the boot.

You also end up paying more on tyres and alloys. As Jaggu said earlier,195 should be the max to upgrade to.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrous (Post 1519598)
195/60/R15 is the tried-n-tested size for the swift.
One question : Are all the 6 problems sorted after you mounted your stock set?

Everything is back to normal. Car feels light and faster acceleration, Top speed easily crosses 140 KMPH, haven't gone beyond that. No suspension sound, definetly better ride.

Once bitten twice shy - I feel 185 is the safest upgrade from 165. If 205 could slow down my car and the reduce the top speed, I feel even 195 could also to an extent do the same. If you have a petes box or extra power/ or regular high way and high speed traveller, you may need 195/60; otherwise good 185 rubber should do the job. Its just common sense; wider the tires = more traction, more traction = more drag, which means slower acceleration and lesser FE. Swift inherently has stiff and jarring suspension which affects the ride quality, it definetly needs 60+ profile. Just my Opinion, I know many may disagree.

Hey Anand,

Has the steering pulling sideways problem gone away once you downsized?

It think its gone. I haven't faced any probem after th down size.

Anand - good u got rid of them , i have heard in long run they would cause Suspension issues .

Quote:

Originally Posted by anandkumargb (Post 1519545)
Problems -

1) Very very harsh, rough ride, could feel even the pebbles on the road
2) Drop in pick up, slow acceleration
3) Car does not go above 120 KMPH on a flat road
4) Wierd suspension/brake noise
5) Drop in FE
6) Left drag

HI Anand,
Can you tell which tire and wheel you got.

I have 205/15/R55 setup on my swift; AVA alloys and Yoko S drive. Have not faced any of these problems.

But yes, the steering wheel becomes a little stiffer which is because of extra rubber on the road. Apart from this there should not be any issue with this setup.

Actually all the points mentioned surprises me. Couple of my friends have the same setup and no one has any complaints.

I have not experienced drop in FE of my car. My car does 180, with few performance upgrades done.

Quote:

Originally Posted by _abhishek (Post 1528814)
HI Anand,
Can you tell which tire and wheel you got.

I have 205/15/R55 setup on my swift; AVA alloys and Yoko S drive. Have not faced any of these problems.

But yes, the steering wheel becomes a little stiffer which is because of extra rubber on the road. Apart from this there should not be any issue with this setup.

Actually all the points mentioned surprises me. Couple of my friends have the same setup and no one has any complaints.

I have not experienced drop in FE of my car. My car does 180, with few performance upgrades done.

Tires were Yoko S drives - 205/50/16 and wheels were HR 31 BMW type, you can see the pics in my garage. My rims were wide which further reduced the side wall and profile. Ride quality was very harsh, swift suspension and cars ride quality is nothing to rave bought. After getting the alloys and tires, I started getting wierd suspension sounds when I go over potholes.

Personally to me ride quality is very important, too bad for me I realised it only after going in for 50 profile. I just love the ride quality on my dad Quadrajet. Now for me that is the benchmark for ride quality among the hatchbacks.

Acceleration was slower, Car just did not go above 120. Now with stock wheels, I crossed 140-150 KMS. Ride quality is much better, stiff though. Car feels lighter and acelerates faster now. I guess you know that mine is a Diesel.