Team-BHP - Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Tyre & Alloy wheel Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/)
-   -   Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/103665-maruti-suzuki-swift-tyre-wheel-upgrade-thread-63.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soccerfan (Post 1743429)
I got 185/70 R14 A -drives for 3100/tyre in Kochi . U should get a better deal in Pune IMO

You are referring to 185/70 R14. He is talking about 195/65 R14.

Guys,

I upgraded my tires and Alloys for my 3 year old Swift.
Earlier setup - Stock JK's 165/80/14 on 14" Aura Alloys

Now - Apollo Accelere 195/60/15 on 15" Lenso Alloys

Loving it - marked difference in handling. Will post the Pics soon

Thanks vsh
Problem remains the same. Perfectly OK while driving on good road, but unbearable on bad roads. Nowadays, I am rarely driving it. My wife uses it for short trips within the township we live in. I purchased Cruze LT last month and enjoying this lovely car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaggu (Post 1743046)
Difference between 185/70 and 195/65 is negligible when it comes to ride quality. I say go for it, after having driven cars with 165 to 205 tire width, i find 195's to be spot on wrt ride, comfort and safety. Without affecting the FE also.

Ensure rim size is 5.5J or more.

Thanks Jaggu!

I got the new set of wheels. There is a substantial difference in handling. Loving it :). And yes the rim size is 5.5J (Neo Sunrise 14" alloys). Got them for Rs 3450/Tyre.

Found the following link quite useful in deciding the right size of course apart from the advise from you all: Car Bibles : The Wheel and Tyre Bible Page 3 of 4
(Found this on another thread sometime back.)

Is 3900/- for 195/60/15 A-drive, a decent price in chennai ? Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2theMax (Post 1749672)
Is 3900/- for 195/60/15 A-drive, a decent price in chennai ? Thanks

Rs. 3900 is decent price. (I myself bought at same price)
The lowest I have heard is Rs. 3800.

Hi, After reading through the whole 62 pages, it is becoming little difficult to follow on all the suggestions. Can i request experts/moderators to put a synopsis this thread with a total overview of various options in a easy to read format. thank you.

hi guys,

i got swift vdi and upsized to 195/65/14 after using tyre calcuator. I'm using yokohama tyres A-Drive.

BUt i find the ride to not so great. i find it slightly stiff as compared to stock tyres. i beileve stock on swift ddis is 165/80/14

Did anyone experience stiff ride with A-Drives ?

What are my other options at 195/65/14 which would give a softer ride ?

Thanks.

Did you check the tyre pressure?

Also, 195/65 R14 has a slightly lower sidewall compared to 185/70 R14, so you can expect ride to be stiffer than original.

^^
185/70-R14 would give you a better ride quality.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rana_kirti (Post 1765724)
hi guys,

i got swift vdi and upsized to 195/65/14 after using tyre calcuator. I'm using yokohama tyres A-Drive.

BUt i find the ride to not so great. i find it slightly stiff as compared to stock tyres. i beileve stock on swift ddis is 165/80/14

Did anyone experience stiff ride with A-Drives ?

What are my other options at 195/65/14 which would give a softer ride ?

Thanks.

What air pressure are u using ??
Quote:

Originally Posted by SumitBahl (Post 1766300)
^^
185/70-R14 would give you a better ride quality.

Ride quality also depends on rubber quaility.
Small variation in sidewall won't hamper the ride quality so much.

hi kpzen, nikhil & sumit....

i'm using 30 psi nitrogen in both front & back.

I want to stay at 195 because it just very slightly comes out from the side and that gives the car along with the alloys a Sporty look and Appeal. I feel 195 gives a nice Character to the over all looks of the car. I find that even the 185 on the Petrol Zxi looks quite puny, small and weak.

Could you suggest me options at 195/65/14 which would give me a softer ride ?

Thanks

A drives are very comfortable. I have a feeling you may have overinflated your tyres. Sometimes the gauge used is very inaccurate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rana_kirti (Post 1766514)
Could you suggest me options at 195/65/14 which would give me a softer ride ?

Thanks

A drives are the most comfortable tire available in that size.

Get the pressure checked at some other place.

ok kp i'm willing to get pressure checked at another place.

what pressure front/back would you recommend for city driving for single person ?

thanks