Team-BHP - Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Tyre & Alloy wheel Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/)
-   -   Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/103665-maruti-suzuki-swift-tyre-wheel-upgrade-thread-57.html)

No. It should be 2%.

hi nikhil
whats the ZXi tyre size/ profile?

And suppose I dont change the existing rims on our LXi Swift, would it be sensible to change the tyres alone to the Zxi size/ profile?

Basically I dont like the skinny tyres and even worse they are JK Vectra's - 3 yrs and a couple of months old and the car has only done 17000 Kms - only in the city.
The tyres arent really due for a change but I am a bit sick of them so am thinking of it now.

what say?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 (Post 1584128)
205/45 R16 is a wrong size. He should have gone for 205/50 R16.

The ZXi tyre size is 185/70 R14, and you can easily get these tyres on your stock rims. I myself changed to 185/70 R14 tyres on stock steel rims few weeks back for my Swift VDi.

I have changed the tyres to Michelin XM1+ 185/70 R14 on the stock rims.
I did notice increased comfort and reduced tyre noise on my swift VXi.
The tyres cost about Rs 3600 each.

thanks rrswift and asethi
I am just wondering aloud - do you think it is possible to buy the Stock Maruti Swift ZXi alloys anywhere?
I rather like those alloys and would like to consider plugging them onto our LXi if time, inclination, wife and availability of green-backs (read Vitamin M) permits!

Shankar --- You might be having JK Tornados. Not JK Vectras. If it's Vectra, then you have already upsized to the ZXi size of 185/70 R14.

yes tornado's
not good

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 (Post 1588982)
Shankar --- You might be having JK Tornados. Not JK Vectras. If it's Vectra, then you have already upsized to the ZXi size of 185/70 R14.

Quote:

Originally Posted by _abhishek (Post 1311379)
Guys,
I have 205/55/15 on my swift. I feel the steering has become a bit hard with this set. What i feel is this is because of the additional rubber on the road. Is it because of this reason or something else?

Apart from this the ride is very comfortable. Road grip is superb. And i can cut thru corners more easily than before.

Hi Abhishek,

i'm from bangalore as well, i'm planning for a tyre upgrade for my yet to be delivered swift vdi. please let me know what is the FE on your ride with the 205/55/15 profiles?

Hello to Everyone
I have booked a Swift and I’m planning for a tyre upgrade for the yet to be delivered Swift white VDI (White Angel) of mine.....
I'm planning to upgrade the tyres to the below profiles which I’m considering for the upgrade, please suggest which to go in for -
Option 1: 195/60/15
Option 2: 205/55/15
Option 3: 205/50/16
I live in Bangalore and my driving would be 70% city and 30% highway driving, now coming to my Queries-
1) What are the Rim/Alloy specs for the 3 options that I should look for?
2) Which would be the best upgrade out of the 3 options, and what would be the FE within the city and the highway on the VDI that I can expect for the 3 option of the upgrade?
3) What would be the approximate costs for the Rim/alloy and the tyres for each profile?
Request all the Gurus for their suggestions and opinions, please help!!!!
Thanks in Advance- Raghu

Dont go for 16". It's too big. Expensive and your ride quality will be miserable.

I would suggest you get 15" and stick to 195/60 R15. It's a good compromise of handling and comfort.

In 15" alloys, I would recommend SSW wheels, Lenso and Apollo Acelere. You also get HR, Plati, etc but in my opinion, they are not of great quality. It makes sense to spend a little more money and go in for the best. Lenso would be awesome for sure.

Tyres: You can go in for Conti CPC2, Michelin Primacy Lc, Yoko ES100 and Yoko A drive.

CPC2 is a little noisy, but best blend of comfort and handling. Primacy LC is meant for outright comfort. ES 100 is a sporty tyre and will be quite noisy. Yoko A drive is the cheapest of the lot and if you are on a tight budget, you can manage very well with these as well.

Set of 5 alloys will cost anywhere from 24-28k. Tyres will cost between 3900 and 4900.

Hi Nikhil, Thank you for the suggestion, i will definitely drop by to your place @ Langford Road, before i take the delivery of my White Angel :).

I'm getting my Swift VXI in 2nd week of Dec. appreciate your advice on which brand tire should i go for?? i prefer upsize 195/60/R15.

Quote:

Originally Posted by niazjifri (Post 1606360)
I'm getting my Swift VXI in 2nd week of Dec. appreciate your advice on which brand tire should i go for?? i prefer upsize 195/60/R15.

Please go through at least 10-12 of the latest pages of this thread. You'll find all the answers you are looking for.

205/55/15 is the best of both worlds. Drive / Handling & ride. I've had them for a while & find no cause for complain.

Just my 2 cents

Cheers

Please let me know, which average kilo meter chnage the stock tyres? I am waiting for ver earliest reply