Team-BHP - Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Tyre & Alloy wheel Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/)
-   -   Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/103665-maruti-suzuki-swift-tyre-wheel-upgrade-thread-9.html)

Hi all,

My new Swift VDI is to be delivered in the next 4 days. Have some queries regarding the tyre upgrade. Reading through the thread , have decided
to upsize it to 185/70/R14 - Yokohama AES300

Decided on this, to have a better handling , Ride and comfort.
Please let me know if this is the correct upsize and correct tyre model
On a budget, thereby would be going in for Stock Rims.
Any idea on the buyback price of my Stock Tyres
This is the first time, i am buying tyres, anybody in Chennai , who will be able to help me out with the right dealers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rash001 (Post 778871)
Hi all,

My new Swift VDI is to be delivered in the next 4 days. Have some queries regarding the tyre upgrade. Reading through the thread , have decided
to upsize it to 185/70/R14 - Yokohama AES300

Decided on this, to have a better handling , Ride and comfort.
Please let me know if this is the correct upsize and correct tyre model
On a budget, thereby would be going in for Stock Rims.
Any idea on the buyback price of my Stock Tyres
This is the first time, i am buying tyres, anybody in Chennai , who will be able to help me out with the right dealers.

My opinion if handling is also one of the concerns then opt for YOKO A.drive or MICHELIN XM1+.
I have heard A300 is much more comfort oriented.

Hi

Does that mean Michellin XM1+ is better than Yokohama AES300 . Enquired on the prices , XM1+ comes around to 3500 in chennai. Buy back of old tyres is around 1K. Is that ok ?

Any help on the dealers ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 771538)
Can't access the information today Wimwian, will reply tomorrow.

Ishan Bhai, Kuchh info mila kya?

Wim

Hi. I've got 195/60/R14 for my swift with the stock rims. Realised later that the tire size was wrong. :-) Too late! Planning to get alloys(14"). Should I get the alloys for the present tire size or wait wait wait and then upgrade to the 15" package. Suggestions please. How exactly does this particular wrong tire size affect apart from the variations in the speedometer reading?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wimwian (Post 782354)
Ishan Bhai, Kuchh info mila kya?

Wim

Yup, 205/60 R14 is available in Yoko ES100. Availability in Cal is a problem though.

Hi all,

With regard to my previous query, for changing tyres in my swift vdi , Is Michellin XM1+ is better than Yokohama AES300 . Enquired on the prices , XM1+ comes around to 3500 in chennai.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rash001 (Post 783061)
Hi all,

With regard to my previous query, for changing tyres in my swift vdi , Is Michellin XM1+ is better than Yokohama AES300 . Enquired on the prices , XM1+ comes around to 3500 in chennai.

Both are good tyres.
You may also check out Yokohama A drive. They have better looking thread pattern than A300.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 782725)
Yup, 205/60 R14 is available in Yoko ES100. Availability in Cal is a problem though.

Thanks a ton! Let's see if I can source it from the local guy. What should be a good price for these? Would appreciate if you could provide the price for 185/70/14 Michelin XM1+ too.

Cheers
Wim

These should be around 3.4-3.6k per tyre or thereabouts. Michelin would be about 3.5k or so.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 784035)
These should be around 3.4-3.6k per tyre or thereabouts. Michelin would be about 3.5k or so.

I was checking the Yoko international website, ES100 is available in 195/60/14 - the perfect upsize for Swift and the one I really want. Personally, I think 205s would be an overkill on a Swift. Question is, is it available in India? Ishan, Kp.... help pls :)

Wim

Swift upsize is 195/65-14 or 195-60-15 and not 195/60-14.

Wim

195/60-14 is not a correct upsize for the Swift.

In 14" u can either get 185/70-14 or 195/65-14.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpzen (Post 785747)
Wim

195/60-14 is not a correct upsize for the Swift.

In 14" u can either get 185/70-14 or 195/65-14.

Yeah, sorry. My bad!! Thanks.

Thanks everybody, i have decided to go for XM1+ 185/70-14 for my VDI. I read somewhere in the thread, filling tyres with Nitrogen. What is this ? Is it right and safe to fill the tyres with Nitrogen ?. Usually on long trips, the temperature of the tyres increase. What is the impact if the tyres have nitrogen in this scenarion ?