Team-BHP - Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Tyre & Alloy wheel Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/)
-   -   Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/103665-maruti-suzuki-swift-tyre-wheel-upgrade-thread-6.html)

KK28 Apollo's are good and VFM if you are on a budget. Have used them for about 6k kms and never had any problems.

Currently running my car on Goodyear GSD II's and like ravibhat mentioned they are noisy when in comparo with the Acelere's.

Since you are looking at 15 inchers why dont look at the Yoko's or Michelins to?

Michelin and Yoko are the best available tyres. But the thing is i am on a budget constraint. since we get Appolo and good year tyres for almost half the price i decided to go with one the two.

Dudes any idea which is the best suited 15" alloys for swift diesel which has a offset of 42+ and 6j cuz most of the 15" alloys available including lenso have a 6.5J width.

Suggestions if any are most welcome :)

Take a look at Michelin Energy XM1's also. I'm using them on my OHC and just love them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjstyles69 (Post 497957)
KK28 Apollo's are good and VFM if you are on a budget. Have used them for about 6k kms and never had any problems.

6K? Or 60k?

6k kms wont reveal any defects with the tyres IMO.
Quote:

Originally Posted by toiingg (Post 498353)
Take a look at Michelin Energy XM1's also. I'm using them on my OHC and just love them.

agree:

Have michelins on my WagonR. Was suggested by team-bhp'ians (mainly our tyre expert kpzen ;)), and am very much satisfied with it.

have heard that Appollo's are pretty good too (no personal experiences though).

i am using apollo aceler on my zen and i can say they are good tires and give a decent amount of grip and they are great VFM

okay here are my tyre upgrade choice for my cousin's swift vdi(w/o abs though) i have decided 195/65-R14 or 195/70-R14 now would someone suggest me the best brand of tyres for best handling and decent tyre life!

mileage is not a concern though and price for each tyre not more than 5k bucks!

i was kind of planning for 6J or 6.5J rims i can still fix the stock tyres on the 6J rims though, and a max of 7J is allowed for the above mentioned tyre sizes!

please suggest me the best brand!

There is nothing like a best brand. It all depends on personal choices which in your case are many. You can look at Michellins, Bridgestones, Yokohamas etc etc.

Rider - Please don't post the same query in multiple thread esp. after creating a dedicated thread for your query. Thanks.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : SMS / Slang language is not the preferred mode of communication on Team-BHP. We would much appreciate if you type your post out in clear and concise english for the benefit of other community members.

Thanks

Hi guys didnt want to start a new thread so posting this here..

I have decided to go 15" alloys with 205/55/R15 tyres for my swift.
I have finalised on Lenso dash alloy.. Its size is 15X6.5j and offset is 40.
my dealer has told me its 18K for set of 4 alloys and 4200 per tyre. He said he'l give me 750 for my stock tyres.

Is the alloy proper for my car and are the prices reasonable guys?

Quote:

Originally Posted by speed_devil (Post 696154)
Hi guys didnt want to start a new thread so posting this here..

I have decided to go 15" alloys with 205/55/R15 tyres for my swift.
I have finalised on Lenso dash alloy.. Its size is 15X6.5j and offset is 40.
my dealer has told me its 18K for set of 4 alloys and 4200 per tyre. He said he'l give me 750 for my stock tyres.

Is the alloy proper for my car and are the prices reasonable guys?

Tyre and alloy specifications decided are correct.

1. What tyres are u getting?
2. How many kms has your stock tyre done?

im getting Yokohama S-drives..
My car has not yet come but i guess i'l be getting tyres changed asap..

Quote:

Originally Posted by speed_devil (Post 696219)
im getting Yokohama S-drives..
My car has not yet come but i guess i'l be getting tyres changed asap..

For brand new tyres, the buy back value of Rs 750 per tyre is too less.

How much should i get for my tyres?
Also are prices of alloys and tyres ok?

1. you should get around 1500 per stock tyre in exchange.
2. Alloys and tyre prices are fine