Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2007, 00:07   #46
Senior - BHPian

yeah yeah same place behind the HP petrol bunk. I live pretty close to his shop. I know the other place also coz during our college days we used to get our bikes tyres replaced from there.
Old 4th May 2007, 08:50   #47
Senior - BHPian

I just gave a call to Anil and it was amazing to see such a courteous customer service...It was damn polite and invited to visit his shop with my car so that he can see my tyres and discuss a good deal....He didnt divulged any numbers...
BTW, I am planning to change my stock JKs to turanza Tubeless and some Alloys for my Alto...

Abhi
Old 4th May 2007, 11:57   #48
Senior - BHPian

I am finalising my deal with Anil (shiva tyres opp barista, near HP Pump). Here is the calculation: League alloys (set of 4) 2800 X 4 = 11200/- Bridgestone Potenza GIII (set of 4, 165/60/R13/73H ) 2700 X 4 = 10800/-, Stock tyres will be taken back for Rs.1000/- per piece. GTotal = 18000/-. Stepney wil be the stock with steel rim JK 145/70/R13 which will not affect the space in a wagon R.
Old 4th May 2007, 12:29   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I am finalising my deal with Anil (shiva tyres opp barista, near HP Pump). Here is the calculation: League alloys (set of 4) 2800 X 4 = 11200/- Bridgestone Potenza GIII (set of 4, 165/60/R13/73H ) 2700 X 4 = 10800/-, Stock tyres will be taken back for Rs.1000/- per piece. GTotal = 18000/-. Stepney wil be the stock with steel rim JK 145/70/R13 which will not affect the space in a wagon R.
Hi shajufx,
do u know the model of League alloys are you getting???? i stay near new bel road .. if u can tell me when u r getting the alloys fitted i will come to shiva tyres as i am also planning to get alloys for my car
Old 4th May 2007, 12:37   #50
BHPian

Quote:
League alloys (not in the shop but will get for me) for Rs.2000/- per piece.
Quote:
Here is the calculation: League alloys (set of 4) 2800 X 4 = 11200/-
you had told earlier in this thread that you are getting League alloys for Rs.2000/- per piece....
Old 4th May 2007, 15:38   #51
Senior - BHPian

Another tyre install done on a WagonR here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...3-wagon-r.html
Old 4th May 2007, 18:20   #52
Senior - BHPian

Hi deepak, league and HR price was compared in my old post, that was a difference of Rs.1000/- in the total cost of a set of 5. I mistook it as per piece value difference. So Rs.2800/- per piece is fine. Reconfirmed with the shop.
Old 5th May 2007, 16:49   #53
Senior - BHPian

I am with you too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Lucky b*ms , I hated this chap for his attitude when I went to him initially . Took my alto about 2 years back and wasn't convinced he was reasonable coz I found a better dealer in Sheshadripuram.
2nd time took my baleno and still dint find any change in his attitude.Had to go back to my old dealer itself and hell I dint have anything to loose coz I got a quote lesser than this chap.
Am happy !!

Well just could be my unlucky day on both the instances,let that not deter you from going to him shajufx.
BTW am thinking on a 3rd try this time around for our new car .
Just coming back from Shiva's, went all the way there from CV Raman nagar but found to have a bit of attitude problem (I have a friend with me who also went with me to upgrade his Alloys for his Santro)...This was not the case when I called him up...
I am not saying that he misbehaved with me but I found that he doesnt have much time for people like us who are extremely budget conscious and dont go fo huge/expensive upgradation... Anyway, good shop and he is really a king of Bridgestones...If u want Bridgestones thats the place to go in Blr...

But I got a better deal from Sai Iyenger in CMH Road, went there through a reference of a friend,
5 Plati Alloys(13''/ 13500) + 5 Michelin XM1(155/65/R13, 2300/tyre)= 25K...And my old JKs will be taken back (my ODO = 16350), 600/piece and steel rims at 100/piece...
Hence net price becomes = 21500 / -

What do you feel about this price?
One more thing, dont know whether this the right thread but still,
I have a doubt? What will be ideal rim for Alto LXi, the guy was telling till 5.5J no problem at all...
Plati and HR has only 5.5J, if i have to go anything less I have to choose Aura then...Pls help me...

Abhi
Old 5th May 2007, 19:41   #54
Senior - BHPian

abhi, what you spend is your hard earned money. What you decided to pick up for your car is after a thorough research.
Call it a budget constraint or not , its only after you and I have spent hours reading and deciding what suits us best we head for a change.

I really have nothing against him, but I prefer dealers to listen to us and do things our way. Expensive or inexpensive install ,end of the day it drills down to you being a satisfied customer and happy for that every single penny spent.
Well thats just me !!

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 5th May 2007 at 19:42.
Old 5th May 2007, 22:22   #55
Senior - BHPian

Rj is right..

In my case i knew exactly what i wanted and made sure he didnt argue with me.I still feel his service is good.

When your on a budget people tend to show a lot of attitude,..coz they know that at the end of the day,they aren't going to make a lot on you.

This was the problem i had with the guys at Car Shringar. He even sarcastically remarked "Sir have the coffee,..its free".
Old 6th May 2007, 06:18   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post
This was the problem i had with the guys at Car Shringar. He even sarcastically remarked "Sir have the coffee,..its free".
Hehehehehe ... Next time you go to Car Shringar.. Let me know in advance... I will see to it u get better treatement.

Godfather
Old 6th May 2007, 07:02   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post
In my case i knew exactly what i wanted and made sure he didnt argue with me.I still feel his service is good.
Yes, there is no point in discussion with Anil. He knows one thing if it is Alto then u have to go for 165/60R13 GIII. These are the fixed rates of Alloys, u choose whatever u want!! thats it...no further discussion...

I recommend people to go to him only when You know your tyre as binz said (remember it has to be Bridgestone)...I can say he has the best stock of Bridgestones in Blr (afterall he is a performance dealer) ?

Quote:
When your on a budget people tend to show a lot of attitude,..coz they know that at the end of the day,they aren't going to make a lot on you.
It is very unfortunate that this is how people do business in India, where customers are shown least value or rather valued based on their buying capability...Wish they had some small crash course frm Europe and get to know what customer service is all about?

Abhi
Old 6th May 2007, 07:15   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
I can say he has the best stock of Bridgestones in Blr (afterall he is a performance dealer) ?
Eh!!!... since when did Anil become a dealer in Performance Parts...

Godfather
Old 6th May 2007, 07:30   #59
Senior - BHPian

Bridgestone Performance Dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Eh!!!... since when did Anil become a dealer in Performance Parts...

Godfather
Confusion Godfather, I meant he is Bridgeston performance dealer from bangalore (for tyres) ... nothing to do with performance parts....

Abhi
Old 6th May 2007, 07:36   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Confusion Godfather, I meant he is Bridgeston performance dealer from bangalore (for tyres) ... nothing to do with performance parts....

Abhi
Thanks for clearing that out.. It would be crazy if Anil started dealing in performance parts...

Godfather
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks