Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2016, 14:24   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritesh_Dogar View Post
I am planning to install alloy wheels on my W6. Its such a task finding suitable alloys for the XUV and more so in the stock size. Everything which i like comes either in 7.5J, 8J or 8.5J width.
I asked the cotek at the Mahindra Service about the warranty and technical issues which might surface on increasing the width of the alloy, the reply I got was "some errors related to TPMS and ABS / EBD might show up on the infotainment screen or the small icons might light up as the calibration is with the stock size". The cotek however said that the warranty is not affected.
I want to ask people who have installed alloys wider than the stock ones/ rims if the cotek is true and are they facing any technical issues after the alloys are fit. Also, should we stick to the stock size while looking for alloys or a little extra width will not hurt.
Go for the alloys, there will be no issues. No warranty issues and no tech issues.
Old 10th April 2016, 10:07   #107
Team-BHP Support

Any of you have used these? For FWD XUV's, after Latitide Tour HP's by Michelin and OE Bridgestone or maybe on par, this appears as a good choice.

If someone has used or is using, please share your experience
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-1e64cbb017d14799a37af4a023793c2c.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-4491287afa3247c9a8ae2efe05c9ffe2.jpg  

Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 11:30   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

I've not seen too many of these. But given that it's a Yokohama Geolandar, it should be good.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2016, 22:27   #109
BHPian

Sheel these will be soft city tyres.. I checked them out before my recent upgrade.. Please keep in mind they may not be ideal for soft roading.. This is also an untested product on Indian roads and made with indian rubber (that's what my dealer told me)... If you are looking for reliable highway runs.. Do consider the falken wildpeak ht01 as well
vikram31 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2016, 15:09   #110

Hi BHPians!

This is my first post on the forum so please do excuse me if I break any rules. I recently got HRS H427 alloys for my W4 (see pic attached). While they look great and the steering/handling seem to have improved, I am facing a wobbling/vibration issue at high speeds. Between speeds of 100-120 kph, the steering vibrates a lot and its like some form exercise being given to my arms!

However everything is normal once I cross 120 kph or I'm under 100 kph. The wheel balancing and alignment both were done at the time of fitment so it seems to an issue unrelated to these. The car has done only 2500 kms and just about two months old.

Can anyone help me in case they have faced similar issues? What else could it possibly be? Also note the wheels now spread about 0.5 inch to 1 inch outside the body of the car (the tires were not changed). These are not stock alloys.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

Pratyush
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_4732.jpg  

Old 27th April 2016, 21:16   #111
Team-BHP Support

The alloys do look nice :-)

You may get the wheels attended to at a good alignment & balancing shop [of repute] That should take care of this issue.

I faced something similar in 2011 in my Figo. A good tire shop rectified the issue.
Old 27th April 2016, 21:37   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyushkohli View Post
Hi BHPians!

This is my first post on the forum so please do excuse me if I break any rules. I recently got HRS H427 alloys for my W4 (see pic attached).
=======
Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

Pratyush

Hi, kindly check if you've installed hub rings while fitting the after market alloys. I've read a few threads and it seems to be the case at triple digit speeds.
Alternatively you could check alignment and balancing (although I doubt it that causes vibrations, mostly maybe the hub rings)
Old 28th April 2016, 10:46   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyushkohli View Post
Hi BHPians!
I recently got HRS H427 alloys for my W4 (see pic attached).
Pratyush
Hi Pratyush your XUV looks great with those alloys. Can you please tell me the cost of these and where did you get them from. I am looking for alloys for my XUV these days. Finding alloys for XUV is a tough task.

Thanks in advance
Old 28th April 2016, 11:00   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritesh_Dogar View Post
Hi Pratyush your XUV looks great with those alloys. Can you please tell me the cost of these and where did you get them from. I am looking for alloys for my XUV these days. Finding alloys for XUV is a tough task.

Thanks in advance
Hi Ritesh,

I got these from Sai Mag Wheels. Though I visited them personally, they do have a website www.alloywheelsindia.com and a wide range of alloys. Definitely a great place to buy alloy wheels. The cost is INR 35k for a set of 4.

Pratyush
pratyushkohli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 00:13   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
The alloys do look nice :-)

You may get the wheels attended to at a good alignment & balancing shop [of repute] That should take care of this issue.

I faced something similar in 2011 in my Figo. A good tire shop rectified the issue.
This helped! It was a balancing issue. Unfortunately the shop I got the alloys from does not do fitting. I went to an MRF Tyre shop in Sector 20 Dwarka and got the wheels fitted from them after balancing. Turns out they only balanced each of the front wheels on one side and not the other. Got it corrected at the Bombay Tyres at Punjabi Bagh who also apprised me of how bad the job of the MRF guys was. The car rides like a charm now and the vibration is completely gone!
Old 7th June 2016, 11:56   #116
BHPian

My ride is nearing 55k and its time to get new shoes. I noticed snapdeal is giving good options. Has anyone purchased from snapdeal? How does it work? Would we have to get it fitted by a local contact or its part of the deal? Can anyone suggest a good place within Navi Mumbai. My Stock was JK and I intend to keep my car atleast for another 60K more. Which is an ideal product if my drives are 40% highway.
Old 13th June 2016, 16:36   #117
BHPian

72,000 kms, almost 3 years over (1 month to go), another Ladakh road trip approaching in next 12 days = tyre replacement on the offing

Still lots of life left in stock Bridgestone Dueller. But then can't take chance with 3 year old 72,000 kms run tyres in Ladakh.

Shortlisted Michelin Latitude HP Tour. My 80-85% running is on tarmac with quite a few road trips (this is my 2nd Ladakh road trip in the same XUV)

Any other suggestions?
Old 13th June 2016, 20:34   #118
BHPian

How come you guys get such a mileage with stock tyres? Huh. I envy you people. The stock rubber on our Optra Magnum didn't last even 45000 Kms! That was with correct tyre pressure and topping up every fortnight, WA & WB every 5000 kms and other regular Teambhp kind of maintanence. Sigh.
Kindly consider Pirelli Scorpion Verde too ( upsize though). I think those Michelins are the costliest of the lot. Yokos too are a better choice if you can live with the noise.
Old 11th July 2016, 17:45   #119
BHPian

Why I am not able to find mrf wanderer A/T for xuv on MRF web site (http://www.mrftyres.com/products/tyres/wanderer-at)?

size for xuv is 235/65 R17. right?

I am looking to get wanderer for my xuv w8. Was on stock Apollo Hawkz for 34000 kms. apollo were good in all conditions but they worn out fast.
Old 11th July 2016, 22:03   #120

Recently changed my tyres for xUV 500 at 42k again I put 255profile pirelli

Most Viewed