Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2014, 22:08   #481
BHPian

Re: Michelin XM2 Tyres in India

Changed the tyres for my Fiesta yesterday @ 45K (MRF), replaced alll 4tyres with XM2 for 20K. Yet to drive for substantial distance to pass any comments on XM2, hoping to have a better ride.
Old 17th August 2014, 01:08   #482
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhalu View Post
Nikhil, I own a Ford Fusion Diesel Sept 2009 old and has done 35000 Kms with two long trips from Pune, one to Uttarakhand and another to Himachal (Including Spiti). Using the stock Goodyear GT3, The tread depth is down to 03 mm, although there are no cracks on the sidewalls. The car runs approx 15 ams daily in Pune and a couple of trips on the highway, NH4 or Pune-Mumabi Expressway. Is this the time to change the wheels and if yes, which ones? I have considered
(195/60/15)
Michelin XM2
3 ST
Bridgestone RE 88
AR 20
ER 300

I am incline towards XM2, after research on team bhp for its all round performance. Available at N Mehta, Rasta Peth for 5500. Should I consider Yokohama A too? Your opinion will be useful to me unmaking a decision
Please change the tyres as you are planning some long dstance trips.

XM2 is good. Go for it. Some fellow TBHPians have got a good deal at Lokmanya Tyres. Do enquire there to see if you can get a good price.

AR-20 is the other good option if you are interested.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2014, 07:56   #483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Please change the tyres as you are planning some long dstance trips.

XM2 is good. Go for it. Some fellow TBHPians have got a good deal at Lokmanya Tyres. Do enquire there to see if you can get a good price.

AR-20 is the other good option if you are interested.
Thanks Nikhil, I will go for XM2, checked with Lokmanya Tyres they ar quoting Rs 5800 versus 5500 quoted by N Mehta and wheel alignment and balancing will be complimentary.
Old 19th August 2014, 20:11   #484
BHPian

Changed the tyres of my Figo at 42000Kms to Michelin XM2 today. Paid Rs 4900 per tyre for a set of 4. Ride is very smooth. How much should be the tyre pressure for normal city driving conditions? Right now the tyre pressure is 33 for all 4 tyres?
Old 21st August 2014, 17:47   #485
BHPian

I had fitted 4 Yokohama A drives (155/65 R13) on my WagonR from Lokmanya in 2010,
He had done a decent job then and they have ran for 40K now and need to be replaced
For the new set I initially started out with Bridgestone S322's as my choice but now I am thinking of Michelin XM2s or Continental CEC3.

Lokmanya is quoting 3575 for the XM2's and 3400 for the Conti's

I am keen on the Michelin XM2's but will be glad to hear other suggestions and also where can I get a good deal.

Thanks
Old 24th August 2014, 19:46   #486
BHPian

2 of the goodyear tyres of my wagonr had a side cut and so finally decided to get xm2 after seeing the wagon lying flat in parking for couple of days.

Earlier (2-3yrs back) the stock mrf had same issue and then dealer-friend conned me into getting goodyear although I had gone there to buy michelins.

Decided to visit the dealer listed on michelin website for hadapsar - vishal tyres.
This guy was not picking phone and so wasted 1 hour to find his shop only to find it closed for sunday.
Was tough to find michelins although most of jk tyre dealers promised to deliver in 1-2days.
had lunch and then went towards kharadi.
Easily found one seller just ahead of kharadi bridge.
The guy at showroom was pushing hard for bridgestones, but this time had made my mind to buy xm2.
Confirmed to buy 2 at 3500Rs each. went back to get my car.
On returning, this bummer informed that he has just 1 xm2 and now pushed for yokohama (~3050rs)
Explained him the earlier story and persisted with xm2.
Now i have 2 goodyears and 1 michelin and 1 stock mrf v2k tube tyre from 2007.
will wait till I get another michelin in couple of days before driving out.

I have 2 questions :

1. all the dealers that I met today mentioned that michelin warranty/guarantee card is not given and only bill will considered instead for any issues.
I am sure this is wrong.
will check with vishal tyres shop(which also looks same as todays dealer) if i go there tomorrow.

2. Can anyone help in understanding how these side cuts can be avoided?

My guess is probably very hard braking or some stones zipping past the tyre although these arent exactly extreme conditions for cuts.
Typically used for city driving and occasional highway driving with 80-100km/hr range.
have driven on nh4 and pune-solapur road.

Definitely would like to know the causes for cuts.
Old 24th August 2014, 20:04   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran_cr View Post
Changed the tyres of my Figo at 42000Kms to Michelin XM2 today. Paid Rs 4900 per tyre for a set of 4. Ride is very smooth. How much should be the tyre pressure for normal city driving conditions? Right now the tyre pressure is 33 for all 4 tyres?
I'm planning to change tyres for my drive as well, from where did you got XM2? Looks like a good offer to me.
If it is somewhere near my home I can visit this shop next week, by the way I live near Kamanahalli.
Cheers!
Old 24th August 2014, 22:50   #488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
I'm planning to change tyres for my drive as well, from where did you got XM2? Looks like a good offer to me.
If it is somewhere near my home I can visit this shop next week, by the way I live near Kamanahalli.
Cheers!
Hey Treadmark, I live in Indiranagar. There is a Bridgestone tyre shop next to Indiranagar BDA complex on Indira Nagar Double road. I got it from that shop. He is a Bridgestone dealer, however he does stock Michelins too. Tyres are new, I checked the manufacturing date, its 17th week of 2014. So I guess you can check with them. Let me know if you require any more information.
kiran_cr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 10:20   #489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran_cr View Post
Hey Treadmark, I live in Indiranagar. There is a Bridgestone tyre shop next to Indiranagar BDA complex on Indira Nagar Double road. I got it from that shop. He is a Bridgestone dealer, however he does stock Michelins too. Tyres are new, I checked the manufacturing date, its 17th week of 2014. So I guess you can check with them. Let me know if you require any more information.
Thank you Kiran. Indiranagar BDA complex is 4 Kms from my home Can you please share key person name and his contact number if any. I can get an appointment for this weekend. Also what size did you went for your FIGO? I'm looking for 185 X 65 / 70 X R14 XM2. Since you mentioned he is Bridgestone dealer having Michelins as well, do you know by any chance whether they have stock of Yokohoma Earth 1 series?
Cheers!

PS: I couldn't send a private message hence this post.
Old 25th August 2014, 11:33   #490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetans View Post
I have 2 questions :

1. all the dealers that I met today mentioned that michelin warranty/guarantee card is not given and only bill will considered instead for any issues.
I am sure this is wrong.
will check with vishal tyres shop(which also looks same as todays dealer) if i go there tomorrow.

2. Can anyone help in understanding how these side cuts can be avoided?

My guess is probably very hard braking or some stones zipping past the tyre although these arent exactly extreme conditions for cuts.
Typically used for city driving and occasional highway driving with 80-100km/hr range.
have driven on nh4 and pune-solapur road.

Definitely would like to know the causes for cuts.
Warranty guarante card is NOT given, but i got an sms/email within 3 days from Michelin with the"warranty number" . however, it is a good idea to retain the bill for proof of date of purchase.

Side cuts happen due to flying stone chips or if the rubber rubs the curb while parking.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 12:14   #491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipcarlover View Post
Installed Michelin XM2 175/70 R13 tires on our i10 a month ago, has made a big difference compared to the original MRF ZEC 155/80 R13 tires, much quieter and more grip as well!
Hey Nipam,
I'm new to Ahmadabad. Could you please suggest tyre store.

Thanks.
Old 25th August 2014, 22:13   #492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
Thank you Kiran. Indiranagar BDA complex is 4 Kms from my home Can you please share key person name and his contact number if any. I can get an appointment for this weekend. Also what size did you went for your FIGO? I'm looking for 185 X 65 / 70 X R14 XM2. Since you mentioned he is Bridgestone dealer having Michelins as well, do you know by any chance whether they have stock of Yokohoma Earth 1 series?
Cheers!

PS: I couldn't send a private message hence this post.
@treadmark, you can contact "Tyre Park, Unit of Cherry Agencies" at 4092 8242 or 9900035153. Better to go in the morning at around 945am or 10am when they open the store as it will be empty and you can get your work done fast and with good supervision.

I am not sure if they have Yokohama, you can call and check. Also I bought stock size tyres for my Figo, i.e. 175/65/R14.
Old 26th August 2014, 00:14   #493

Hi BHPians,

I am owning a Tata Indica Vista, The tyres are wearing off and have slight wobbling off-late. Tyre rotation is tentatively giving me a breather. Tyre change is on the cards and after a lot of reading on various posts from TeamBHP have come to the conclusion to change my tyres to Michelin Energy XM2 175 65 R14. I have a few questions and would appreciate some responses from the experts:

1] Will it make any difference changing my tyres from Bridgestone to Michelin, considering Tata Vista is a ruff and tough car. Will it give me any comfort and less noise on 100+ speeds? Also, will there be any considerable difference in mileage?

2] I recently checked Snapdeal.com and found out the price of 4 tyres for Rs 17,516/- Can i go ahead buying from snapdeal, Is it a good deal? Reviews say snapdeal ships fresh tyres less than 6 months old. Any suggestions?

3] Also observed something funny on Snapdeal.com, yesterday while i was browsing on the payment page the price i got for the same tyres was 16,880/- but when i check it out again today it was 17,516/- Anyone has faced this where the prices vary from day to day?

Would appreciate any sort of advice that will help me decide on buying the Michelin tyres. Thanks in Advance.
Old 27th August 2014, 12:20   #494
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion_Vista View Post
1] Will it make any difference changing my tyres from Bridgestone to Michelin, considering Tata Vista is a ruff and tough car. Will it give me any comfort and less noise on 100+ speeds? Also, will there be any considerable difference in mileage?

2] I recently checked Snapdeal.com and found out the price of 4 tyres for Rs 17,516/- Can i go ahead buying from snapdeal, Is it a good deal? Reviews say snapdeal ships fresh tyres less than 6 months old. Any suggestions?

3] Also observed something funny on Snapdeal.com, yesterday while i was browsing on the payment page the price i got for the same tyres was 16,880/- but when i check it out again today it was 17,516/- Anyone has faced this where the prices vary from day to day?
Michelin as a tyre is better and will defintly make our ride smoother. Comfort yes, but not sure about noise above 100 kmph. I noticed an increase in mileage of about 0.5-1 kmpl in trafffic for my santro 155-70-R13 XM2+.

When we buy tubeless tyres, there are other things needed link valve assembly, pin, nozzle etc + Nitrogen needs to be filled. Snapdeal ships tyre only. The above items will cost you 200/- more and Nitrogen at approx 100/-more. This is excluding fitting charges and cleaning the rim/alloys.

I would suggest you to buy from a physical dealer as there is to much risk to buy online. There is a fair chance that you might get old tyres too. Please dont fall for that 1000-2000 discount. Please buy from a physical shop only and ask for an all-inclusive deal. This way you can see in person and approve the tyre before fitment. If Snapdeal tyres are not satisfactory, it is a pain in the neck to return it.

My Experience (Click Here)

And Hey !! Bangalore and Goa are major places where you would get so many physial shops. I would have suggested snapdeal only if you were located in some Tier-3 towns

Pricing is dynamic based on hits. They set a low price initially to generate interest. Once there are lot of hits and 2-3 "buys" , the increse the price by 10%. This is similar to airlines increasing their starting price during "Deal" sale.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 27th August 2014 at 12:27.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2014, 14:58   #495
NGM
BHPian

Time to change tyre for my Corolla Altis.Default size is 195/65/15.Some questions to the experts in this forum.

1)Toyota Service engineer told that they usually don't upgrade tyre for Altis,but will do it for innova and Fortuner.So is it good to upgrade to 205/65/15 tyres? Is there any disadvantage that i need to be aware of?

2)I might need to buy 5 tyres if i upgrade.So is it worth going for an upgrade in Altis or stick to stock size?

3)If i upgrade to 205/65/15 and considering ride comfort,grip and less prone to punctures as parameters which tyre should i go for.From this forum i have identified following tyres.Any other good options to consider?
1)Michelin XM2
2)Yoko Earth1
3)MRF ZLO.

4)I was quoted Rs 6400 for XM2 and 5350 for earth1 at kochi. yet to get for MRF.I hope it is a reasonable price.

Can Nikhil and other experts give some advise on this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks