Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2013, 13:59   #31
BHPian

re: Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
If you get Assurance as standard, why waste money on changing it? They are good as it is.

Also, you guys are discusssing car tyres. They may not hold up well to abuse on an SUV.

The Michelin Primacy LC and the Yoko V550 and dB and AVS series are all soft compound tyres. The Assurance is more rugged and durable in my opinion.

If there is enough clearance, you can think of 215/65-16 in Michelin Latitude Tour HP which is a fantastic all round tyre. It's almost an A/T tyre.
How about the MRFs? How good are they? I wouldn't want to change the Goodyears, but if the MRFs are going to be the weak link in my car's safety, I should rather get rid of it.
Old 8th July 2013, 14:37   #32
Senior - BHPian

It's going to be a diamond white and I've gone with Fortune Ford, Tolichowki.

Thats great white looks awesome.May be we can go for a drive together in both our cars
Ive checked today sai srujan it is STUNNERZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
The car is looking great! Do you know the OE alloy specs - ??J/PCD ?
The PCD is same as the new fiesta not sure about J (when I went for the tyre change the owner measured the PCD and confirmed for himself as he had to stock aftermarket alloys)

Another interesting fact is that the accessory wheels from ford for ambiente and trend models are new fiestas wheels (may be they had a large inventory left as the new fiesta did not sell)
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2013, 18:58   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post
How about the MRFs? How good are they? I wouldn't want to change the Goodyears, but if the MRFs are going to be the weak link in my car's safety, I should rather get rid of it.
Many expert reviewers and BHPians have tested both tyres and determined that the MRFs are inferior to the GoodYears - the MRFs, according to them, scream when cornering and do not offer the grip the car deserves. The MRFs aren't really junk and if you ask me, most drivers won't feel any difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Thats great white looks awesome.May be we can go for a drive together in both our cars
Ive checked today sai srujan it is STUNNERZ
We sure can. BTW, SA just confirmed that the tyres on mine are GoodYears. Will go check the car out tomorrow and take delivery the day-after. Can't wait. I'm sure I'll be happy with the GoodYears, so the tyre thread comes to a happy ending for me.

My dealer does not have many of the accessories in stock. For now, I'm going with the essential pack. Which dealer did you work with?
Old 9th July 2013, 00:18   #34
Senior - BHPian

My dealer does not have many of the accessories in stock. For now, I'm going with the essential pack. Which dealer did you work with?[/quote]

Congratulations on the good years

Does Fortune Ford have stock for the engine guard and rear arm rest, could you help me with mobile number of the accessories manager?

I have taken the delivery from Mody Ford, begumpet.

[quote=Dry Ice;3172370]The car is looking great! Do you know the OE alloy specs

PCD same as the fiesta and it is 6J ,just checked with the workshop.
Old 9th July 2013, 09:37   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
PCD same as the fiesta and it is 6J ,just checked with the workshop.
Means 108 PCD 16x6J alloys! It will be difficult to source OE spec alloys aftermarket then. 108 PCD options are rather limited compared to 100 PCD ones. Or am I quoting the wrong PCD here?
Old 9th July 2013, 10:46   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Means 108 PCD 16x6J alloys! It will be difficult to source OE spec alloys aftermarket then. 108 PCD options are rather limited compared to 100 PCD ones. Or am I quoting the wrong PCD here?
Hi Dry Ice

You are right 108 PCD and 16×6J is the OE specification, also the options are limited.Try OZ,

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisrujan View Post
Many expert reviewers and BHPians have tested both tyres and determined that the MRFs are inferior to the GoodYears - the MRFs, according to them, scream when cornering and do not offer the grip the car deserves. The MRFs aren't really junk and if you ask me, most drivers won't feel any difference.
We sure can. BTW, SA just confirmed that the tyres on mine are GoodYears. Will go check the car out tomorrow and take delivery the day-after. Can't wait. I'm sure I'll be happy with the GoodYears, so the tyre thread comes to a happy ending for me.
Hi Saisrujan,

Be advised about the Goodyears, please take an informed decision about retaining the Goodyears as I was under the same impression and retained the tyres for 1300km , thus the huge difference I had to pay for the upgrade.Would have got a better deal if only I did the upgradation on the same day as the vehicle delivery.

1) There was substantial amount of fish tailing on the Good years which is almost absent on the yokohama dbs.

2) Yoks have a better solidly planted feel even in normal driving condition.

3) There is 30 to 40 percent improvement in overall performance noted immediately.

What we can do is, as you are in Hyderabad, on the day of your vehicle delivery you can drive both my car and your car back to back and take a decision

All the best!!!
Old 9th July 2013, 16:47   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Dry Ice

You are right 108 PCD and 16×6J is the OE specification, also the options are limited.Try OZ,
With the kind of numbers EcoSport is seeing, I guess we will have lot more options in 108 soon.

BTW, just researching, yet to take a test drive!
Old 9th July 2013, 23:45   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Be advised about the Goodyears, please take an informed decision about retaining the Goodyears as I was under the same impression and retained the tyres for 1300km , thus the huge difference I had to pay for the upgrade.Would have got a better deal if only I did the upgradation on the same day as the vehicle delivery.
Appreciate all the effort in guiding me into what you honestly think is the right path, but with due respect, I think I'll stick with the GoodYears for now. I feel the Goodyears are good enough for me and my driving style. I'm sure the Yokos are much better, but that's quite understandable.

Taking my delivery tomorrow. Let's catch up sometime.
Old 10th July 2013, 00:03   #39

Please guide if it is advisable to upgrade to 225/60/R16 tyres for the Ford Ecosport titanium diesel
Old 10th July 2013, 03:23   #40
BHPian

Agree with the general sentiment that upgrading for the sake of upgrading is not going to be of any benefit instead it will be counter productive for fuel efficiency.

Kudos to Ford for shodding Ecosport with right size rubber. People tend to forget that wider tyres need not necessarily mean more outright grip or better handling. The size of the contact patch does not change only the shape of the contact patch changes when you do a size upgrade. The compound, the sidewall stiffness and tread pattern also influence outright grip and not just a wider contact patch. Beyond an optimum size any further increase in tyre width actually makes the turn in slower, steering heavier at slow speeds/parking speeds and can also induce tramlining. Generally in smaller cars especially the A and B segment ones are horrible under tyred for fuel efficiency and those are the cars which benefit the most with an upsize.

Last edited by needforspeed88 : 10th July 2013 at 03:24.
Old 10th July 2013, 08:54   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisrujan View Post
Appreciate all the effort in guiding me into what you honestly think is the right path, but with due respect, I think I'll stick with the GoodYears for now. I feel the Goodyears are good enough for me and my driving style. I'm sure the Yokos are much better, but that's quite understandable.

Taking my delivery tomorrow. Let's catch up sometime.
Congrats again mate ,lets catch up sometime, till then happy motoring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvind Sharma View Post
Please guide if it is advisable to upgrade to 225/60/R16 tyres for the Ford Ecosport titanium diesel
Dear arvind as GTO already advised and I totally agree with him, donot upgrade the tyre size and upgrade for more sticky tyres.

I have given a detailed feedback about the same in this thread , you can check again before you decide
Old 12th July 2013, 10:57   #42
BHPian

I was expecting this thread to be on fire after the launch! Surprised to see no movement at all.
Old 13th July 2013, 05:51   #43
Senior - BHPian

To all they guys who are worrying about the recall issue, It is a very minor issue.

I got the relocation done for my car today for more details.

Please read my post on page 172 of the ford ecosport official review

All recalled cars will be getting Rs.2000 worth accessories and fuel for travel.

Last edited by ecosport rules : 13th July 2013 at 05:52. Reason: grammar corrections
Old 13th July 2013, 08:17   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
I was expecting this thread to be on fire after the launch! Surprised to see no movement at all.
2 reasons I feel:
  1. The Ford does come with good size in the stock form. Even the ones on the lower variants are decent.
  2. The 16" or 17" tyres and alloys are quite expensive.

Also, maybe most guys over here are buying the Titanium and Titanium+. Would love to hear more on the variant share in the market.

Last edited by deetjohn : 13th July 2013 at 08:22. Reason: adding text.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2013, 16:58   #45

Experts!, what i could see is that the stock tyre on the titanium and titanium+ models, though of adequate size, still feel a size thinnner to me.
Would appreciate if you can suggest any good tyre brand for titanium diesel may of profiel 215/55/R16 if not more.
Personally i have been using Michelin's energy XM1+ on my swift vdi and they give excellent grip on wet and dry surfaces alike and also give good ride quality and FE.
I am not sure if Michelin has tyres in the above mentioned profile and of which branding if not XM1?.
Please guide!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks