Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2013, 07:53   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs View Post
I'm planning for exchange of my brand new OEM MRF's, please give me a appropriate price range so that i can negotiate well ?
Also, what would be the approximate price for Michelin Primacy3 ST & Primacy LC?
Below, I've quoted the relevant bits from different posts (including mine) around the cost of the 3 ST and the buyback. Unfortunately, I don't recall the exact cost of the Yoko I'd considered (A series I think), but it was about 2k cheaper per tire.

I'd suggest you give Madhus, Tyre Empire and a few other places a call to get the latest rates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
When I did my tire swap towards the end of August, each Michelin Primacy 3 ST tire cost me INR 9950, and the buyback for each MRF tire was INR 3000. For comparison, the Yoko's will have been about INR 2000 cheaper than the Michelins.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mariner View Post
i went in for primacy 3ST. Saifee tyres at Santacruz mumbai (again recommended by GTO) was generous to trade in my MRFs for Rs 4800 apiece. 3ST costed me 5050 apiece after trade-in (9850-4800).
Quote:
Originally Posted by djs View Post
Thanks Arun. Pardon me for my ignorance but what is difference between Michelin Primacy 3St & Primacy LC, their website description seems too similar for a layman to figure out.
The Primacy LC is a tire designed for the good roads of Europe, so it is softer. The Primacy 3 ST is a newer generation of tire specifically designed for the hotter weather of Asia, and the worse road conditions we have here (potholes, broken roads, etc.).

You can read a nice review by TopGear at: http://www.topgear.com/au/car-news/t...primacy-050613

You can also check the Team BHP thread about the 3 ST: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...hed-india.html
arunphilip is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2013, 18:37   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cni View Post
Hi All,

I am expecting my Ecosport Diesel Trend this weekend. I wanted to check the availability of non standard accessories outside of Ford world in Bangalore. Appreciate the information on the below:

> Exchanging the company fitted tires with 16"/17" Alloys
> Spare wheel cover
> A different Rear Wing Spoiler compared to standard ford accessory
> A different Roof rail compared to standard Ford accessory

If anyone has bought outside, please suggest the place & price.

Thanks Much!
Contact
Ramakrishna 08297317009 for stock alloys and tyres of ecosport.

Last edited by ecosport rules : 6th October 2013 at 18:38.
Old 7th October 2013, 22:32   #78
djs
BHPian

Thanks to the inputs from ecosport Rules and arunphilip, got my stock MRF's replaced today by Yoko db es501, same profile. It was done at Tyre Empire, they seem knowledgeable and helpful esp. Mr. Jonson. Only sore part was I had to wait for long.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_0615.jpg  

djs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2013, 12:08   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mariner View Post
Saifee tyres at Santacruz mumbai (again recommended by GTO) was generous to trade in my MRFs for Rs 4800 apiece. 3ST costed me 5050 apiece after trade-in (9850-4800).
If one is planning to upgrade their tyres on Ford Ecosport then pray and hope that you get the MRFs which have higher trade in value compared to the Goodyears.

I got just 4000 for my goodyears at Saifee. He was willing to offer 5000 for the MRFs. Better demand for the MRFs apparently.
Old 14th October 2013, 12:14   #80
BHPian

Quote:
I got just 4000 for my goodyears at Saifee. He was willing to offer 5000 for the MRFs. Better demand for the MRFs apparently.
Interestingly it was the other way for me in Bangalore - I got Rs.5000 for my goodyears while my friend got Rs. 4400 for the MRFs
Old 14th October 2013, 14:54   #81
BHPian

Anyone sitting on the Fence contemplating upgrading their Ecosport tyres procrastinate no more. If budget is not a hindrance Michelin Primacy 3 ST upgrade is a no brainer. Night and day difference with the Good Year's and Michelins. Immensely more comfortable ride, much lesser road noise. braking is improved as well although that may be more of a perception.
wysiwyg25 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2013, 16:31   #82
BHPian

Hello friends..
I already posted this query on the Ecosport official review thread but dont know why it wasn't displayed there. May be 'cos of posting it in the wrong thread.

Anyways posting it here again.. I have a set of four 17" Full Chrome Alloy Wheels which has been lying idle with me for quite sometime and thought this is the right time to use them and thought it'd look great on my Black Ecosport . But I was a bit worried if that'll make any difference to the driving dynamics and ride quality of my car?? And will that effect the mileage too ? I read somewhere that Ford is already offering Limited edition Ecosport in the UK with 17" alloys, hence, thought there shouldn't be any problem with the size of my alloys as well.

I'm seriously considering the upgrade but i'm getting mixed reviews from different quarters. I'm super confused right now.. pls help me guys!

Here's the pic of the limited edition ecosport and my full chrome alloy..
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-alloywheel.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 14th October 2013, 17:01   #83
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg25 View Post
Anyone sitting on the Fence contemplating upgrading their Ecosport tyres procrastinate no more. If budget is not a hindrance Michelin Primacy 3 ST upgrade is a no brainer. Night and day difference with the Good Year's and Michelins. Immensely more comfortable ride, much lesser road noise. braking is improved as well although that may be more of a perception.
There aren't much options in that size. The Primacy 3 ST are no doubt very good tyres but for an SUV I'm not so sure. People who are on a budget will find it difficult justifying the price for these tyres also.

No point in getting a vehicle with 200mm ground clearance that can take bad roads then put on soft comfort tyres that you need to be careful with.

If you get the Goodyear from the showroom then don't bother changing them.

If you get the MRF then you can consider a change to something better.

My choice is the Bridgestone MY-02 which is also a road tyre but should be cheaper than the Primacy 3 ST and may sustain some abuse as well.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2013, 19:28   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
There aren't much options in that size. The Primacy 3 ST are no doubt very good tyres but for an SUV I'm not so sure. People who are on a budget will find it difficult justifying the price for these tyres also.

No point in getting a vehicle with 200mm ground clearance that can take bad roads then put on soft comfort tyres that you need to be careful with.

My choice is the Bridgestone MY-02 which is also a road tyre but should be cheaper than the Primacy 3 ST and may sustain some abuse as well.
Like I said folks who dont have severe budget restrictions can consider this upgrade.

Everyone's needs are different. I dont plan to go off-roading ever in the Ecosport and I don't view this as a true SUV.

I am extremely satisfied with the shoes upgrade to Michelin.
Old 15th October 2013, 11:48   #85
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg25 View Post
Everyone's needs are different. I dont plan to go off-roading ever in the Ecosport and I don't view this as a true SUV.
Ofcourse it's not a true SUV and you can't do any proper offroading. I meant usage on bad roads and occasional off the tar ventures.

With soft comfort tyres, you can't venture out much and will be confined on roads or will have to drive a little more carefully.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 15th October 2013 at 13:40.
Old 15th October 2013, 16:57   #86
BHPian

Hello friends..

Somebody pls help me on my wheel upgrade query i had asked in my last post. Thanks again.
Old 15th October 2013, 17:37   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Ofcourse it's not a true SUV and you can't do any proper offroading. I meant usage on bad roads and occasional off the tar ventures.

With soft comfort tyres, you can't venture out much and will be confined on roads or will have to drive a little more carefully.
I used to have Michelin Primacy LC on my civic for 4 years which are apparently softer than the Primacy ST's. Never realy had to drive carefully just for the tyres. Thats what drove me to get the STs whcih are made for the underdeveloped markets/roads of Asia.
wysiwyg25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2013, 18:20   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nash13 View Post
Hello friends..

Somebody pls help me on my wheel upgrade query i had asked in my last post. Thanks again.
In one word: AVOID.

Kindly request you to go through the various threads on this forum to know the reason. 17'' in Indian conditions on a ford is not recommended unless you are ok with the compromise in ride quality, f.e., faster suspension wear, and possibly tyre cuts etc.. Stick to ford's recommendations. Most ford cars come with tyre sizes which are ample enough for most people, including enthusiasts.

You have to consider the hub diameter matching, the offset too before putting on those wheels.

Thanks,
Simple_car
Simple_car is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2013, 15:22   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple_car View Post

In one word: AVOID.

Kindly request you to go through the various threads on this forum to know the reason. 17'' in Indian conditions on a ford is not recommended unless you are ok with the compromise in ride quality, f.e., faster suspension wear, and possibly tyre cuts etc.. Stick to ford's recommendations. Most ford cars come with tyre sizes which are ample enough for most people, including enthusiasts.

You have to consider the hub diameter matching, the offset too before putting on those wheels.

Thanks,
Simple_car
Thanks for your reply friend..

I was wondering if there's anyone on this form who's upgraded their ecosport to a 17" wheel?? Would be great to know the first hand information of the difference in perfomance,mileage etc..
Old 22nd October 2013, 19:07   #90
BHPian

Quote:

Exactly the reason why I didn't go for the Primacy ST or the Yoko ES501. In the first week of my ownership, I observed that I was increasingly dismissing bad potholed roads without slowing down, something I never had done in my Civic. The 200mm ground clearance gives you the confidence to not slow down on broken roads. Now, add soft tyres to the equation, and you can only imagine who is going to give up first.

ps: I switched from one OEM (MRF) to the other (Goodyear).

Last edited by ecosport : 22nd October 2013 at 19:18.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks