Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2013, 10:21   #61
BHPian

re: Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

My initial report is out. Its small ,precise and quick read.

Any one interested can check out this link :-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ur-garage.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
Thats Cool! Can you share some pictures for all of us? Let me be greedy and ask if possible share before & after too

Hey uraj, To put the bridgestone on EcoSport was the decision made.
But last settled with Goodyears on my EcoSport .
And the Bridgestones went to my Ertiga (And now it drives excellent).
dose were last minute changes! Sorry to wrongly inform you.

Last edited by johannskaria : 5th August 2013 at 10:24.
Old 30th August 2013, 16:37   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, I took the plunge, and swapped out the 205/60R16 MRF tires on my EcoSport with the Michelin Primacy 3 ST in the same size. Let's see how they fare.

This was done at Madhu's yesterday. Thanks are due to Samarth (sammyboy) for putting me onto Madhu's, to Nikhil himself for his very practical and pragmatic advice, and to Mr. Ravi and Mr. Gopal (hope I have their names right) for excellent customer service.
Old 3rd September 2013, 10:57   #63
BHPian

Changed stock Goodyear Assurance 205/60 16 on Ecosport TDCi to Continental CPC 2 in the same size. A definite improvement in ride quality.
Old 16th September 2013, 18:42   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Well, I took the plunge, and swapped out the 205/60R16 MRF tires on my EcoSport with the Michelin Primacy 3 ST in the same size. Let's see how they fare.
Brief update after 500 kms:
  • Great dry grip - hard braking is dispatched without any fuss.
  • Great wet grip - however, I didn't try any aggressive manoeuvres (and won't either!)
  • Doesn't make any noise when pushed - I took a curving flyover on-ramp at approx 80 km/h, no fuss and no muss from the tires. I felt the tires had more grip to offer, just that I was chicken to push further :-)

If the only complaint is that these tires wear out faster (as someone commented on this forum), I can live with that, because I'd prefer fresh rubber every few years.

Last edited by arunphilip : 16th September 2013 at 18:46.
Old 16th September 2013, 22:31   #65
BHPian

Quote:
HI Arun,

How much you need to shell out for the exchange?
Old 16th September 2013, 23:40   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
How much you need to shell out for the exchange?
When I did my tire swap towards the end of August, each Michelin Primacy 3 ST tire cost me INR 9950, and the buyback for each MRF tire was INR 3000.

Since then, Nikhil informed me that the Michelin's prices have been increased, driven by the devaluation of the rupee, as these are imported tires. So, please don't use my figures as the going rates today, but just as an indication of where they are.

For comparison, the Yoko's will have been about INR 2000 cheaper than the Michelins.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2013, 18:45   #67
BHPian

I am one of those unlucky ones wherein my Ecoboost Tit (O) has come with MRF tyres. Taking delivery coming week. Decided to change tyres right out of dealer, maintaining the stock size. Can you all give your recommendation. I am quite handicapped in this area..Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dish View Post
Changed stock Goodyear Assurance 205/60 16 on Ecosport TDCi to Continental CPC 2 in the same size. A definite improvement in ride quality.
Quote:
Brief update after 500 kms:
  • Great dry grip - hard braking is dispatched without any fuss.
  • Great wet grip - however, I didn't try any aggressive manoeuvres (and won't either!)
  • Doesn't make any noise when pushed - I took a curving flyover on-ramp at approx 80 km/h, no fuss and no muss from the tires. I felt the tires had more grip to offer, just that I was chicken to push further :-)
If the only complaint is that these tires wear out faster (as someone commented on this forum), I can live with that, because I'd prefer fresh rubber every few years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
My initial report is out. Its small ,precise and quick read.

Any one interested can check out this link :-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ur-garage.html

Hey uraj, To put the bridgestone on EcoSport was the decision made.
But last settled with Goodyears on my EcoSport .
And the Bridgestones went to my Ertiga (And now it drives excellent).
dose were last minute changes! Sorry to wrongly inform you.
Old 20th September 2013, 19:04   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mariner View Post
Can you all give your recommendation. I am quite handicapped in this area
Of the 3 quotes you've included, all of them cover very good replacement tires for the EcoSport. So, pick the one with the best price/logo/coolest brand name You really can't go wrong.
Old 30th September 2013, 22:53   #69
Cni

Hi All,

I am expecting my Ecosport Diesel Trend this weekend. I wanted to check the availability of non standard accessories outside of Ford world in Bangalore. Appreciate the information on the below:

> Exchanging the company fitted tires with 16"/17" Alloys
> Spare wheel cover
> A different Rear Wing Spoiler compared to standard ford accessory
> A different Roof rail compared to standard Ford accessory

If anyone has bought outside, please suggest the place & price.

Thanks Much!
Old 2nd October 2013, 13:47   #70
djs
BHPian

I'm taking up delivery of Ford Ecosport Titanium Diesel this week and planning for a tyre upgrade. The car is coming with stock MRF's . I don't have any prior knowledge of tyres and tried to gain the same from team-bhp. I'm confused with choices such as Michelin, Yoko and Continental.
Here are my queries:

1). Best places to buy in Bangalore, heard about Madhu's. Any others who give a competitive price with good service ?

2) Can you suggest a single brand which I can buy ?
Old 2nd October 2013, 21:41   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs View Post
1). Best places to buy in Bangalore, heard about Madhu's. Any others who give a competitive price with good service ?

Congratulations on your EcoSport's upcoming delivery.

Madhu's is one option, and I've heard that Tyre Empire also have competitive rates.

Michelin, Yoko and Continental all have good options for the EcoSport, so its a matter of budget, brand and personal preference.

I've gone with Michelin's Primacy 3 ST.
arunphilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2013, 23:10   #72
BHPian

My ecoboost Titanium (O) came with MRFs. I drove about 200 kms on them and found it to be dragging, with little grip. On a right curved turn at 80 kmph on a bridge, i felt as if the left tyres had come off the ground for a split second.(no exaggeration, i made even a mental note to check whether both the toppled ecosports had MRFs on them). That was the final nail on the MRF's coffin.
Thanks to review by fellow BHPian arunphilip, i went in for primacy 3ST. Saifee tyres at Santacruz mumbai (again recommended by GTO) was generous to trade in my MRFs for Rs 4800 apiece. 3ST costed me 5050 apiece after trade-in (9850-4800). The very first ride after the tyre change made me realize what i was missing. Though its been only few kms, i can say with confidence that 3 ST is a good choice.
Will update when i have clocked a few 100 kms more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs View Post
I'm taking up delivery of Ford Ecosport Titanium Diesel this week and planning for a tyre upgrade. The car is coming with stock MRF's . I don't have any prior knowledge of tyres and tried to gain the same from team-bhp. I'm confused with choices such as Michelin, Yoko and Continental.
Here are my queries:

Moto-Mariner is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2013, 23:57   #73
djs
BHPian

Quote:

Michelin, Yoko and Continental all have good options for the EcoSport, so its a matter of budget, brand and personal preference.

I've gone with Michelin's Primacy 3 ST.
Thanks Arun. Pardon me for my ignorance but what is difference between Michelin Primacy 3St & Primacy LC, their website description seems too similar for a layman to figure out.

How do Yokohama db ES501 fare with Michelin's ?

In case of any issues, who has better service. I noticed Yokohama has only one authorised dealer in bangalore, as per their website.

I'm planning for exchange of my brand new OEM MRF's, please give me a appropriate price range so that i can negotiate well ?

Also, what would be the approximate price for Michelin Primacy3 ST & Primacy LC and Yokohama DB ES501 in Bangalore ?
Old 3rd October 2013, 00:05   #74
BHPian

Quote:
My ecoboost Titanium (O) came with MRFs. I drove about 200 kms on them and found it to be dragging, with little grip. On a right curved turn at 80 kmph on a bridge, i felt as if the left tyres had come off the ground for a split second.(no exaggeration, i made even a mental note to check whether both the toppled ecosports had MRFs on them). That was the final nail on the MRF's coffin.
Thanks to review by fellow BHPian arunphilip, i went in for primacy 3ST. Saifee tyres at Santacruz mumbai (again recommended by GTO) was generous to trade in my MRFs for Rs 4800 apiece. 3ST costed me 5050 apiece after trade-in (9850-4800). The very first ride after the tyre change made me realize what i was missing. Though its been only few kms, i can say with confidence that 3 ST is a good choice.
Will update when i have clocked a few 100 kms more.
Rs 4800 for a MRF, that too after running 200 km? That is an excellent price. I managed to get just Rs 3500. Congratulations.
ecosport is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2013, 00:13   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Saifee tyres at Santacruz mumbai (again recommended by GTO) was generous to trade in my MRFs for Rs 4800 apiece.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post
Rs 4800 for a MRF, that too after running 200 km? That is an excellent price. I managed to get just Rs 3500. Congratulations.
+1 to that, awesome deal. We could have shipped our tyres across to Mumbai and still ended up with a better deal!

Most Viewed