Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2017, 07:46   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
Hi deetjohn, any information on Yokohama Earth1. I have not seen any bhpians using them on their Ecosport. But have found a couple of dealers offering the same from between 5850 to 6000 per tyre.
I haven't used it. It looks like an okay tyre for the money being asked. If possible, I would spend a little more and get a better tyre for EcoSport.
Old 25th June 2017, 11:06   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
I haven't used it. It looks like an okay tyre for the money being asked. If possible, I would spend a little more and get a better tyre for EcoSport.
Finally I bought the Yokohama Earth 1 which cost me 6100 per tire under 5 years warranty.

Lets see how does it performs. Will update after 1000 Km or so

Thanks,
Old 25th June 2017, 17:11   #213
BHPian

Any idea how GST will affect tyre prices
Will it go up or dowm
Old 27th June 2017, 12:05   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Thanks deetjohn, and in your mind those better tyres would be ?

My experience with GY Assurance in the last 49K has been disappointing. Not keen on MRFs either. Michelins / Conti are all above 6K I am not sure of its worth in comparison to Earth 1 for the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max63 View Post
Finally I bought the Yokohama Earth 1 which cost me 6100 per tire under 5 years warranty.
Goot to see someone who is using Earth 1 for their Ecosport. Can you share some pics, and would be keen to look at your first impressions and also your review post 1K.

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC View Post
Any idea how GST will affect tyre prices
Will it go up or dowm
I have read somewhere that it should go down. (Not so sure though) But I somehow feel I should rest my purchase for the GST, though I am not sure whether the prices may affect old stocks.
Old 10th July 2017, 23:07   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
My MRF's are at 50k kilometers now and there's still a lot of tread left. I'm happy with them, not a single puncture in numerous long distance highway trips. Will keep them for about 8k more and then change.
Same with me ! My MRFs still has plenty of life left after 48K odd Kms i did in 3 years. I always did 5 tyre rotation and that definitely helped. So far i had only 3 minor punctures (7psi loss in a week, hardly noticible). Maybe i am just lucky !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max63 View Post
Hi

I want to change my stock tires for Ecosport Titatnium TDCI, the stock tires are Goodyear Assurance 205/60/R16. Have clocked 80,000 KM on the Odometer in last three years. Wanted good tire for offroading. Please suggest

Thanks,
Why dont you try some real offroading tyres like fellow Bhpian UPrasenjit ?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post3986907

These same tyres were used in Samaresh Das's epic Howrah Bridge to London bridge trip which lasted 53 days & 17,500 kms

More on this here:
Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-1.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/samaresh.das1
Old 11th July 2017, 10:46   #216
BHPian

Thought of updating my experience. My Ecosport Diesel (2014 June) came with MRF tyres. As per the prevailing mood in Team BHP I decided to change the MRFs as soon as I got the car. As I was likely to drive on rough unpaved patches, I was hesitant about Michelin. I went for Apollo Alnac 4G in stock size after research. May be got carried away with Apollo's strides in Europe those days. Nobody at that time seems to have had much experience with these tyres on this forum.
I had 3 punctures in these 3 years(the last one yesterday evening). I used to inflate the tyres to 33psi front and back irrespective of load. Highway drives were fun. There has been good grip in dry and wet conditions, and confident predictable braking. I was super confident of muscling the car over those rough and unpaved patches, which was my main reason for avoiding Michelin. Why drive the Ecosport if you have to baby it through such patches is my logic. I will do it with a low slung sedan( an oblique reference to my 'ex' the 3rd gen Honda City aka ANHC). No abnormally high road noise I have felt, but never compared with another Ecosport on "silent" tyres. Tyre wear seems ok, not excessive after 35000 kms. The tyres may last another 10000 kms I feel.
So in retrospect, we see that a lot of MRF tyre shod Ecosport owners are happy. MRFs didnt do that badly. I would rate my experience with the Apollo Alnacs as Good. The dust has not settled and the final verdict on the best tyres for the Ecosport is still not out.
Old 12th July 2017, 08:20   #217
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjkonline View Post
So in retrospect, we see that a lot of MRF tyre shod Ecosport owners are happy. MRFs didnt do that badly. I would rate my experience with the Apollo Alnacs as Good. The dust has not settled and the final verdict on the best tyres for the Ecosport is still not out.
I had the MRF's and swapped them to Goodyear Assurance as soon as I got the car.

I've had like 2 punctures in 3.5 years and 33K kms. Went for Goodyear vs Michelin only cause I didn't want to baby it over poor roads and have the thought of damaging tyres when the car could go over poor roads.

They have good tread still left and grip levels are excellent. Should cross 40K kms easily.

I am looking at the Continentals MC5 at the time of changing.
Old 23rd July 2017, 16:07   #218
BHPian

My Ecosport Titanium(O) Diesel is 3 years old and have driven 43000. It came with Goodyear tyres. Had to change my tyres since they were not comfortable anymore. My requirement was to go for a tyre with low road noise and good comfort. Two of my options were Yoko Earth 1 and Michelin Primacy 3ST. After careful consideration opted out Michelin due to my daily driving average road conditions.

I have purchased Yoko Earth 1 tyres last week and drove almost 700 km. My feedback about GoodYear and Yoko Earth 1 as below:

GoodYear Assurance:
Road noise - too high
Comfort - Average (with stiff suspension of Ecosport it made more worse)
Driveability - Good, never had major issues.

Yoko Earth 1:
Road noise - very low when compared to Goodyear, quite happy.
Comfort - quite smooth. hardly felt any small potholes and sudden bumps.
Driveability - Very Good. it definitely improved.

Also, mileage has improved by 1 km/l during my recent long drive. During a recent trip of 450 km, it is showing 17.1 km/l avg mileage. I was getting about 16 km/l driving on highways before.

Thanks to the members of this forum who helped in taking my decision.
hydswift is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 00:10   #219
BHPian

My Ecosport came with 16 inch rims and 205/65/16 MRF Tyres. I'm planning to switch to 215/70R15 Tyres off road Tyres on 15inch negative offset rims. I've had a craving for this setup since I saw a picture of a modded Ecosport at an auto show. How will this affect the ride, handling and performance /FE?
Old 30th July 2017, 22:46   #220
BHPian

Hi,

Here is the update on the tire change to Yokohama Earth 1 of the stock size. I was little bit skeptical about the performance but after using it for almost 2k KMs I am really satisfied and happy with the performance. The side wall are really stronger than the GY assurance and reduces the bumpy ride in compare to the GY. This tire is really comfortable in compare to the GY, I have felt less bumpy as because of the strong side wall. The braking in the wet and dry conditions are superb, even the cornering are nice and have a smooth ride. Even in the rear seat people are not feeling that hard while falling in a pot hole which was not the case in GY assurance. This may be because of the stronger side wall. Here are some photographs of the Yoko Earth 1 205 / 60 / R16 92 V
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-20170730_1828291.jpg  

Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-20170730_1824151.jpg  

Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-20170730_1824291.jpg  

Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-20170730_1824491.jpg  

Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-20170730_1825071.jpg  

Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-20170730_1825301.jpg  

Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-20170730_1827561.jpg  

Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-20170730_1828131.jpg  

Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-20170730_1828481.jpg  

Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-20170730_1829051.jpg  

Old 31st July 2017, 16:30   #221
BHPian

I have recently switched to Yokohoma Earth 1. They are so VFM. I was sick and tired of Goodyears poor grip post 30k kms, frequent abs kick ins due to it and also the road noise which has been a terrible area of concern post the first 20k kms. Really loving the Earth 1 now, for 6200 a piece in stock size, they are the best money can buy.

Almost silent, as silent as P3ST in my verna, grippy and comfortable at the same time. Moreover, they cost so cheap when compared to the A-Listers like Michellin and Pirelli.
BB311 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2017, 22:04   #222
BHPian

My Ecosport has done around 39k kms with the stock Goodyear tyres. Off late the ride has become really choppy, not sure if its the suspension or tyres. One observation was that the ride was plaint when it rains, maybe time to change the tyres. Visual condition of the tyres aren't that bad, just 2 punctures but the road noise is horrible. Will be checking out the Yokohama Earth 1, just worried about side wall damages.
Old 24th August 2017, 17:14   #223
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Friends - OEM tyres of my Ecosport TDCi have worn out and are full of punctures. Want to replace them since the car has run 60k kms. Need some help to pick tyres:
1. Which ones would be the best irrespective of the cost?
2. Which ones are the best at a reasonable price?
3. Are Falken tyres good? Heard they come with 2yrs replacement warranty and a lot of cab guys i spoke to during my airport commutes told me they use them.

Asking cause i'm checking if i can claim the replacement cost against a policy at work. If yes, i will get the best ones else the most reasonable ones.

Finally - i'm also looking to get all the dents / scratches fixed. My car has the film-wrap all around from 3M. Thinking if it makes sense to go back to 3M to get it fixed or go to a local garage and then get the wrap done again?

Many thanks!
Old 2nd September 2017, 22:42   #224
BHPian

Apologies if this isn't the right section for me to post this. Mods please move if so.

I was driving down in the ecosport to Kerela and I hit a pothole. The front left tire has suffered from side wall damage. I'm attaching a picture for reference. Please advise, is it safe for me to continue my journey to Bangalore or should I swap it with the spare?

Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img20170902wa0016.jpg
Old 2nd September 2017, 22:50   #225
Team-BHP Support

For those who aren't happy with the Ecosport's ride quality and want taller profile tyre there is just one option. The Goodyear Assurance Triple max in 205/65-16.

The Stock size is 205/60 so this is 5% taller and will help ride quality.

Other option is to stick to OE size and get a softer tyre like Michelin P3ST or Conti MC5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
Apologies if this isn't the right section for me to post this. Mods please move if so.

I was driving down in the ecosport to Kerela and I hit a pothole. The front left tire has suffered from side wall damage. I'm attaching a picture for reference. Please advise, is it safe for me to continue my journey to Bangalore or should I swap it with the spare?

Attachment 1672200
Swap with spare tyre ASAP.

And get the tyre changed when you get time.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 2nd September 2017 at 22:56.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks