Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2021, 21:47   #361

Re: Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid3091 View Post
Hey guys I've got a 2017 ecosport S with 17" Rims. Is there any tyre i can upgrade to for improving the ride? I've heard people reporting that changing to a 215 50 R17 or 215 60 r 17 has really improved ride quality.
I too have a 2017 facelifted EcoSport 1.5 Titanium+ with 17" rims, which came with Bridgestone Ecopia 205/50 R17. After 15,000 kms, two tyres had bulges in the sidewall. Had all four tyres replaced with Continental ContiSport5 225/50 R17.

Served me really well for 73,000 kms with low noise levels & great ride quality.

Replaced these with Yokohama db E70 225/50 R17 @ 8,100/- apiece yesterday. After a day's driving, road noise is similar to Contis but a bit harder. Shall update on them in the future.

If your budget permits Contis @9,500/- , go for them.

Cheers!
Celes is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2021, 14:30   #362
BHPian

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celes View Post
I too have a 2017 facelifted EcoSport 1.5 Titanium+ with 17" rims, which came with Bridgestone Ecopia 205/50 R17. After 15,000 kms, two tyres had bulges in the sidewall. Had all four tyres replaced with Continental ContiSport5 225/50 R17.
Thank you so much! Just wanted to ask - is the speedometer and ABS functioning well after the upgrade? Also, is the ride more comfortable? I don't mind taking a hit to fuel economy.

Last edited by Sheel : 25th August 2021 at 11:02. Reason: Mod note attached.
Old 25th August 2021, 10:21   #363

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid3091 View Post
Thank you so much! Just wanted to ask - is the speedometer and ABS functioning well after the upgrade? Also, is the ride more comfortable? I don't mind taking a hit to fuel economy.
Yes, there is 3.14% increase in the overall circumference vis-a-vis the stock size of 225/50 R17. Hence, if the speedometer is showing 60 kph, the actual speed would be 61.8 kph. But it hasn't bothered me that much. Also, it will alter the odometer readings. Say, if the vehicle is run for 50,000 kms on these tyres as per the odometer, the actual mileage would be 51,570 kms.

As far as ABS is concerned, it works just fine. Never really had a problem on that front.

Regarding the ride quality, considerable improvement over the stock size and can be immediately experienced over the expansion joints.

Cheers!
Celes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 14:07   #364

2014 Ford Ecosport Titanium tyre upsize/upgrade

Hello everyone. I wanted to ask the team bhpians a tyre related query regarding my Ford Ecosport titanium 2014. It has 16 inch alloys from stock with a tyre size of 205/60 r16. I have upgraded to a set of Apollo 215/60 r16’s back in 2017 but again I am in need of getting a new set since the ones I have now are basically turning into slicks lol! This time around I was thinking whether I will find all terrain tyres in a similar size or find one which fits the stock 16 inch Ecosport alloys? Any sort of response would be much appreciated and if anyone here has done such a thing, all terrain tyres on their Titanium Ecosport with 16 inch wheels, please let me know what size, which brand you have gone with. Thank you to everyone who has taken their time to read this and any help will be wonderful!
kayzha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 17:43   #365
BHPian

Re: 2014 Ford Ecosport Titanium tyre upsize/upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayzha View Post
Hello everyone. I wanted to ask the team bhpians a tyre related query regarding my Ford Ecosport titanium 2014. It has 16 inch alloys from stock with a tyre size of 205/60 r16. I have upgraded to a set of Apollo 215/60 r16’s back in 2017 but again I am in need of getting a new set since the ones I have now are basically turning into slicks lol! This time around I was thinking whether I will find all terrain tyres in a similar size or find one which fits the stock 16 inch Ecosport alloys? Any sort of response would be much appreciated and if anyone here has done such a thing, all terrain tyres on their Titanium Ecosport with 16 inch wheels, please let me know what size, which brand you have gone with. Thank you to everyone who has taken their time to read this and any help will be wonderful!
We already have a dedicated thread of Ecosport tyre upgrades & suggestion over here:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...thread-25.html (Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread)

There are no AT tires compatible with Ecosport with 16' wheels. The only thing you can do is downsize to 15 and install something like 205/70 R15 Yokohama Geolander AT, more details here:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...ml#post3986907 (Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread)

Most people prefer to stick to OEM size as they are more than enough for what the car is capable of. Last time I changed to Primacy 4 with stock size.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...ml#post4624740 (Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread)
Samfromindia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 20:06   #366

I have an April-2019 Ecosport Trend Petrol in Stock 15" GoodYear Tyres. Now I am planning to change only the Steel rim to Alloys and want to use the same tyres.

I have searched internet and found that the PCD for most of the alloys is 100+108 and all have 8 holes. I am not sure about the PCD for Ecosport, but it seems the number of holes is only 4 in my current steel rim.

Can you please advise whether I should strictly look for alloy wheels with 4 holes, or 8 holes (using only 4 of them) is also fine.

Thanks in advance!
Old 4th September 2021, 18:09   #367
BHPian

Hello All,

Apologies for the late post. Finally had the tyres upgraded on 23rd January. Got it done at a place called Tyre Professionals, Bangalore.

First Impressions:
Approached multiple people to check for pricing as I was not in a hurry. Tyre Professionals really stood out in terms of the pricing given, and also the approach. He also constantly followed to check if there was any doubt in terms of commercials or any other technical details I needed to make my decision.

Made up my mind on 22nd and called them to check and fix an appointment for 23rd January (Saturday). He said stocks are available and reached there by noon post lunch. Was surprised to see the number of cars there. Had to wait for almost 1.5 hrs to get my car on the ramp to change the tyres.

Have to say the approach was professional, and humble. Mr Manjunath, whom I had contacted was more than happy to solve my concerns and finally decided to go with 205/60 R16 Continental UC6.

The first impressions were just mindblowing as my old Goodyear Assurance's were in a very bad state. City driving proved good comfort (partly due to the old tyres i was used to) and barely saw tyre pressures drop. I always check the air when i fuel up on cold tyres. This was outstanding. What took me by surprise is the very low rolling noise and an amazing wet grip it has on offer..Even the passengers seated in the car could notice that there was no hydroplaning whilst i navigated through a curve filled with water during heavy rain.

Final Verdict.

Hands down one of the premium tyres for Ecosport. Car feels much poised and better to drive. Really happy with the decision and thanks to all the members for pointing me in the right direction.

Have a video on my Youtube channel, if someone is interested for more info on the tyre change.

Cheers.
kaushiksudra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2021, 06:49   #368
BHPian

I have a 2017 ecosport with 17in alloys still riding on the original ecopias. I am thinking of upgrades and would appreciate some guidance. My usecase/issues are as below -

1. The current ride is very hard. Definetly want something with bigger sidewalls which on 17in means increasing the size to 225 ? Does a 235 fit?

2. I love to go soft off-road in my travels. I know ecosport is not an SUV in the true sense ...but with a decent ground clearance am able to get to places where I would not take my car. I hate to go to a place and then hire a jeep or worse a bolero to get me to the last mile unless it is slush and mud. I do this today with my current tyres but a good AT would be awesome and make a world of difference in broken metal roads

3. I don't want to spend money, lose my alloys to come down to 16inchers

A combination of size upgrade, bigger sidewalls, and AT would be perfect. Unfortunately, the only size for AT seems 235 and NOT 225 or 215 . Will a hard compound tyre like MRF work?

Would really appreciate any advice. A perfect size would 225/50/r17 AT....
Old 11th October 2021, 16:42   #369
BHPian

I have 2017 model ecosport with 195/65 R15 Tyres. It's run about 45k. Looking to change or upgrade the tires. Tyre empire in Bangalore is suggesting Yoko earth1 when I asked for tires of the same size . Apparently they don't get Michelins in this size anymore across the country. Any other suggestions. Is there an upgrade in tyre size I should consider? Thanks in advance.
Old 11th October 2021, 17:29   #370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohing View Post
I have a 2017 ecosport with 17in alloys still riding on the original ecopias. I am thinking of upgrades and would appreciate some guidance. My usecase/issues are as below -

1. The current ride is very hard. Definetly want something with bigger sidewalls which on 17in means increasing the size to 225 ? Does a 235 fit?

A combination of size upgrade, bigger sidewalls, and AT would be perfect. Unfortunately, the only size for AT seems 235 and NOT 225 or 215 . Will a hard compound tyre like MRF work?

Would really appreciate any advice. A perfect size would 225/50/r17 AT....
Why do you want to go so wide ? The Ecosport is adequately powered but such a wide patch will make it feel underpowered with all that extra friction.

There are quite a few options now in 205/55 R17. Not an AT tyre, but the MRF Wanderer Sport is available in this size and should be a good option. It is 3.2% over the stock tyre and should be a safe choice.
fiat_tarun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 10:42   #371
Senior - BHPian

Replaced the stock 17" Bridgestone Ecopia's after 44k km with Michelin Pilot Sport 4 in the same stock size (205/50 R17).

Was looking at 205/55 R17 or 215/55 R17 but did not find any good options available. 225/50 would have been too much for the Ecosport and I was not ok with the compromise in power.

Since I've not had any problems with the Ecopia's, went ahead with the best tyre in stock size. You can't go wrong with the PS4's. Michelin supplies seem to have improved and I got May 2021 tyres at 10k a tyre including fitting.

Immediate feedback is that low speed ride feels the same but there is a big improvement at slightly higher speeds. You can definitely feel the extra cushioning and things like road ruts, ridges do not have the same crashing effect as the Ecopias.

The stock Ecopia's held on pretty well and felt grippy enough too, but had bad cracking, expecially on the outer walls. There was enough thread for another 5-10k km, but the cracking prompted me to get them changed.

Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-20211120_13304902.jpeg

Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-20211120_115737.jpg

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 24th November 2021 at 10:45.
fiat_tarun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 23:21   #372

I am planning to change my Ecosport Titanium (O) Tdci tyres for the 2nd time at 1 lacs kilometres. I have zeroes down to Yokohama 205 60 R16 Earth1 and BluEarth tyres. The latter comes for a slightly more premium cost. A Kolkata dealer has put the price at 7200 apiece for the BluEarth tyre. My questions are the following:

1. Which one should I go for given that I use it mainly for city rides and occasional highway runs? What are essentially the differences between the two kinds?

2. Is the pricing right or should I bargain more? The dealer is throwing in Balancing FOC with only the applicable weights getting charged for. Alignment will be charged. I am changing all 4 tyres.

3. How many kilometres can I expect out of Yokohama given my ride pattern? I would like to believe I am a decent driver.

4. How is the after sales service of Yokohama in India? Like if I face any warranty issue, should I report to the dealer itself or to Yokohama directly?

5. Finally, what tyre pressure should I maintain for ecosport during summer and winter months?
Old 8th February 2022, 13:37   #373
Senior - BHPian

Dear BHPians,

Have a bit of dilemma in terms of changing tyres on my EcoSport Titanium D 2014 model shod with the stock Goodyear 16 inch 205/60 which has run close to 50k. However have the spare tyre which has been hardly used and only during emergency changes.

So given that I have one good tyre though as old as the others how should I execute the tyre change for the rest?

Also recommendations on the tyre brand itself would be most useful.
Old 13th February 2022, 08:15   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
Dear BHPians,

Have a bit of dilemma in terms of changing tyres on my EcoSport Titanium D 2014 model shod with the stock Goodyear 16 inch 205/60 which has run close to 50k. However have the spare tyre which has been hardly used and only during emergency changes.

So given that I have one good tyre though as old as the others how should I execute the tyre change for the rest?

Also recommendations on the tyre brand itself would be most useful.
Hey Girish,

You can go with Yokohama Earth 1 if longevity is your concern. Continent UC6 is better than Earth 1 but it has lesser life than earth 1. You can get the tyres shipped from Chennai as cost for 4 tyres are 4k less here compared to Bangalore.
jithin23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 14:06   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAakash View Post
About the upsize, personally i find the 205 section to be adequate, it offers a good balance of stance, grip and efficiency. The upgrade I'm more interested in is 205/65 R16, it'll be slightly more comfortable, and the tyre itself is significantly cheaper than a 60.
Did you tried 205/65/R16? It's 10%+ increase in circumference but should be more comfortable. Any difference in FE it might result into?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks