Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2022, 23:04   #406
BHPian

Re: Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAakash View Post
Hi everyone.
So i went for UC6 again, but in 215/60 R16.
The ride height has increased by 5 mm which is a step in the wrong direction for me.
205 to 215 is the width of the tyre . The tyre side wall remains at 60 .
Old 29th November 2022, 23:33   #407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
205 to 215 is the width of the tyre . The tyre side wall remains at 60 .
The '60' is not the height of the sidewall. It's the aspect ratio. If it remains constant, the sidewall height increases with the width.
DrAakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2022, 07:20   #408
BHPian

Hi all. My Ecosport titanium 1.5 tdci has run just over 45k kilometers on stock tyres and am planning to change a set. Has anyone tried Vredestein Ultrac in 205/60/r16? Please suggest a good set which would last 40 k km at the least. Priorities are comfort, handling, dry and wet roadgrip. Thank you.
Old 30th November 2022, 21:48   #409
BHPian

Quote:
Hi all. My Ecosport titanium 1.5 tdci has run just over 45k kilometers on stock tyres and am planning to change a set. Has anyone tried Vredestein Ultrac in 205/60/r16? Please suggest a good set which would last 40 k km at the least. Priorities are comfort, handling, dry and wet roadgrip. Thank you.
Any tyre brand can run 40K at least I believe. The Primacy 4 ST is widely regarded as one of the best options, you can find my experience swapping the stock MRFs with them in the post below:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...ml#post4624740 (Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread)
Old 30th November 2022, 22:29   #410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
The Primacy 4 ST is widely regarded as one of the best options.
Thank You! Michelins are not available , apart from Energy XM 2+. Those that are are quite old stock. Could you please suggest some other brand?
Old 4th December 2022, 00:52   #411
BHPian

I've changed my wheels to the facelift EcoSport which was supposed to be launched in India! Rim size is 205/60 R16

Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img20221203wa0038.jpg

Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img20221203wa0032.jpg

Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img20221203wa0031.jpg

Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img20221203wa0029.jpg
jithin23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2022, 09:28   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Thank You! Michelins are not available , apart from Energy XM 2+. Those that are are quite old stock. Could you please suggest some other brand?
I've had good experience with Yoko RV02 and heard good things about MRF Perfinza here on the forum.
UC6 beats RV02 by a healthy margin. I'd prefer it over pretty much everything else in the market. In fact, I'm on my 2nd set now.
Old 4th December 2022, 09:29   #413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithin23 View Post
I've changed my wheels to the facelift EcoSport which was supposed to be launched in India! Rim size is 205/60 R16
These look sharp! Can you share the price and your source?
Old 4th December 2022, 09:33   #414
BHPian

Quote:
These look sharp! Can you share the price and your source?
Price I paid about 40k and I'm sorry that the source contact cannot be shared as he is a bit skeptical to share his contact to others in general.
jithin23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2022, 20:37   #415

Hi everyone, I have an ecosport trend 2019 model diesel. It has done 32k kms now. It was pre owned, I got it at 25k kms. The ride quality has become very stiff lately especially the rear suspension. I hear a thud sound if go a little fast over a speed breaker. Road noise is also quite evident in the cabin. I find my uncle’s 2020 ecosport titanium petrol to have a better suspension and nvh level. It’s currently on the stock good year tyres 195 65 R15. Can the suspension or bushings go bad so soon? Please give your valuable inputs fellow bhpians. Cheers. TIA
Old 22nd December 2022, 23:01   #416

Quote:
The '60' is not the height of the sidewall. It's the aspect ratio. If it remains constant, the sidewall height increases with the width.
Hi DrAakash, I own a 2020 EcoSport 1.5 petrol with stock Goodyear assurance tyres. I have done 41,000 kilometers so far and I plan to change the tyres soon as the rubber has hardened and the road noise is getting a little too loud for my taste. I've decided to go with UC6 but can't seem to decide on the size. 205/65 r16 tyres are slightly cheaper and the fuel economy shouldn't be affected by going with taller tyres of the same width but I'm worried about breaking and handling. I would greatly appreciate your input in this matter.
menace_AK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2022, 07:40   #417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by menace_AK View Post
I've decided to go with UC6 but can't seem to decide on the size.
Hey there!
I did want to go with the size you mentioned when i changed my tires the last time, but the variation in the diameter was significantly above the permissible 3%, hence i went for 215/60, which is 1.8% larger.
I'd stick with the stock size if i was in your shoes, though a few members are using 205/65 without any problems.
Old 29th December 2022, 23:44   #418

Quote:
Hey there!
I did want to go with the size you mentioned when i changed my tires the last time, but the variation in the diameter was significantly above the permissible 3%, hence i went for 215/60, which is 1.8% larger.
I'd stick with the stock size if i was in your shoes, though a few members are using 205/65 without any problems.
Thanks a lot for your input. May I ask how are you finding the upsize? is there any noticeable improvement in handling? how is the fuel efficiency?
Old 30th December 2022, 23:01   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by menace_AK View Post
Thanks a lot for your input. May I ask how are you finding the upsize? is there any noticeable improvement in handling? how is the fuel efficiency?
Fuel efficiency is about the same considering that I've been pushing the car harder then usual lately. Same goes for handling.. Though the steering is tad bit heavier which i like. I also find it to be a little less crashy in sharp ruts..i take them with more confidence now.
There's one thing though.. When i go through puddles now, the sides of the car are much more dirtier. The tires stick out just a little bit from the mudflaps.
Old 14th January 2023, 13:19   #420

Hi,

I am looking to change the stock tyres (205/60/16) on my Ecosport Titanium TDCi 2020 model. The Goodyear Assurance tyres have done 36K but they are wearing off fast especially because the region where I drive has a lot of concrete roads and lots of western ghat driving on decent tarmac. Also, Ford Service has flagged it for replacement soon. Surprisingly, they are not pushing me to buy it from them.

I did gather from this post that Continental UC6, Yokohama Bluearth GT AE51, Bluearth RV02 and Michelin Primacy ST4 seem to be popular. I guess there is no definite information on with Bluearth is better (GT AE51 or RV02).

If I were to leave out Continental UC6, which one of these tyres would the be the best as they all cost about the same? Is it worth exploring MRF or Apollo?

Thanks,
Anand

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks