Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2023, 22:35   #436

Re: Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

My 2018 ES tdci is reaching 44000 kms and I am planning to change the current Goodyear tires. I would prefer the stock specs - 205/60 r16. I am in a confused situation as I got to know from few knowledgeable friends that Continental UC6 is overrated. One strong contender that I read in our forum threads as well as from others is MRF Perfinza. So, I wanted to run this by all here, what is your experience and which tires would you suggest ?.

1) Michelins - I had used XM2's in my Ritz and I just liked it. Not sure if I would go for this due to high price and low availability factor.
2) Continental UC6 - I had this in mind, but as mentioned above hearing that its not worth the premium money.
3) Apollo Vredestein - Two colleagues are using these tires and they are completely satisfied.
4) MRF Perfinza - Hearing lots of good things about this tire in our forum threads. Anybody using in ES please share your thoughts.
5) Yoko's / Bridgestone's / Ceat's and others - I am not looking for very hard compound tires but medium hardness is good for me.
Old 19th June 2023, 23:03   #437
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiterunner958 View Post
1) Michelins - I had used XM2's in my Ritz and I just liked it. Not sure if I would go for this due to high price and low availability factor.
2) Continental UC6 - I had this in mind, but as mentioned above hearing that its not worth the premium money.
3) Apollo Vredestein - Two colleagues are using these tires and they are completely satisfied.
4) MRF Perfinza - Hearing lots of good things about this tire in our forum threads. Anybody using in ES please share your thoughts.
5) Yoko's / Bridgestone's / Ceat's and others - I am not looking for very hard compound tires but medium hardness is good for me.
MRF Perfinza is the pick from all these. I just got them fitted on a friends' Ecosport last week and he is very happy.

Also 2nd pick would be the Yoko BlueEarth AE51 tyres.

Don't upsize and keep the stock 205/60R16.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 17:47   #438

Hello All,

I have a low-mileage 2016 titanium, done only 16K. On a recent long trip felt the cabin noise is too much on the highway, during the last service when I discussed it with the service advisor he told because of the low running the tyres have become hard and developed cracks. Not immediate but he suggested changing the tyres within a year.

Need help in deciding the best tyres, primary concern is noise and ride quality. Suggestions Please!

Thanks
Old 8th July 2023, 11:19   #439
BHPian

Re: Ford India Exit - What should existing owners do? Worried about spare parts & support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechadios View Post
Posting it here as well since I couldn't get any recommendations on the dedicated tyre thread!

Need help in deciding the best tyres, primary concern is noise and ride quality. Suggestions Please!
You have not specified which Model you have. Going by Titanium it could be either Endeavour, Ecosport or perhaps Figo. Irrespective, given your super-low running, you may choose the same brand and size that came with the car as long as that is available in the market. If not, look for other brands of same size and load ratings. If still in doubt, please post specific details and many of us would be happy to guide.

Last edited by aah78 : 9th July 2023 at 01:16. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Old 8th July 2023, 19:47   #440

Re: Ford India Exit - What should existing owners do? Worried about spare parts & support

Apologies missed the details forgot it's the Ford thread, not the Ecosport thread. Am looking to change tyres on a 2016 Ecosport Titanium Automatic. Something with a smoother ride, less cabin noise, and good traction especially during rain.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
You have not specified which Model you have. Going by Titanium it could be either Endeavour, Ecosport or perhaps Figo. Irrespective, given your super-low running, you may choose the same brand and size that came with the car as long as that is available in the market. If not, look for other brands of same size and load ratings. If still in doubt, please post specific details and many of us would be happy to guide.

Last edited by aah78 : 9th July 2023 at 01:16. Reason: Typos, spacing.
mechadios is offline   Received Infraction
Old 9th August 2023, 03:47   #441

After all the comparisons, I have changed all 5 tires of my ES to MRF Perfinza's (205/60 r16). Thank you @Vid6639 for the suggestion. Initial impressions are excellent in terms of road grip and noise, but I will wait for them to complete at least 5k kms to write a review.
kiterunner958 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th August 2023, 12:07   #442

Hi everyone, I have recently changed all 5 tyres of my Ecosport from Goodyear Assurance (205/ 60 R16) to MRF Perfinza (205/ 60 R16). The total cost for the same was Rs. 35,200 (Rs. 7,000*5 tyres + Rs. 1,200 for WA/WB - Rs. 1000 for the old tyres). The tyres had varied manufacturing dates. 2 of them were 2823 while the rest were 0823 and 1223. I am going to proceed with 5 wheel rotation from here on out. The initial impression are as follows:

1. Stability- I cannot emphasize in words how big this change, atleast for me, was. The previous Assurance did not inspire any confidence at high speeds (100km/hr +) and in some cases I would deliberately keep the car as under 80 because how under-confident I felt. The Perfinza as extremely stable at high speeds and its just amazing.

2. Road Noise- Road Noise is something which I know and used to hear but never troubled me so this is not as much as dealbreaker as I can live with it easily but again when compared to the Assurance, the road noise is near half. I know its important for some people so that is why I am stating it.

Thank you and hope it helps.
skillaft is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2023, 14:18   #443
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hello. Looking forward to change my 2016 ES tires. Currently its running on Bridgestone Potenza G3. Its been almost 50K kms on these tires. Any best suggestions please?
Old 5th September 2023, 17:47   #444
BHPian

Hi Folks, Could someone clarify on the following, please.

1. What is the rim width of the facelift Ecosport (2018) Titanium - with the 16 inch alloy wheels.

2. What is the difference between Yokohama Blue Earth's models RV02 vs AE51 and which one is better.

Thanks!
Old 12th September 2023, 00:32   #445

Ford Ecosport R17 wheel alignment retailers?

Fellow BHPians,

I would like to seek your help especially from BHpians from Hyderabad on Ecosport Signature R17 wheel alignment retailers in Hyderabad. I believe R17 wheel alignment angles Caster, Camber and Toe are different from rest of the models because I can feel the difference when it was tuned to R16 model. I used to correct it for every 4K kms in nearby retailer who has Hunter wheel alignment machine with R17 specification updated but this shop moved out of Hyd since then it’s hard to find another shop with R17 specification either in Hunter or Hoffman machine and retailers were reluctant to acknowledge the issue or to download updated specifications from manufacturers, they were saying it costs a bomb to update the software for new specifications.

I think fellow BHPians who owns Ecosport’s with R17 model can feel me the way I felt.

I would like to know if anyone knew retailers in Hyderabad especially near Madhapur, Hi-Tec city who has or does wheel alignment for R17 wheels with manufacturer specifications.

Beyond gratitude,
autoenth
Old 12th September 2023, 12:27   #446

Quote:
Originally Posted by styx71 View Post
Hi Folks, Could someone clarify on the following, please.

1. What is the rim width of the facelift Ecosport (2018) Titanium - with the 16 inch alloy wheels.

2. What is the difference between Yokohama Blue Earth's models RV02 vs AE51 and which one is better.

Thanks!
The size of the wheel for Ecosport R16 is 205/60.
Old 24th March 2024, 12:16   #447
BHPian

Hello Bhpians

I need to get a new tyres for my Ecosports 1.5 Titanium Petrol 2018 model. The car has already done 64k km in these 5.5 years. The current tyres are Good year and spec 205/60/R16.

Going by the various feedbacks, Yoko Blueearth seems to be preferred choice by many. So, looking for quick suggestions for any other brand and make. Plus if I should go for Tyremarket or local dealer.

I do drive on highways but there is regular city driving involved also in Bengaluru, so looking for suggestions accordingly.
Old 24th March 2024, 13:54   #448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niel@Figo View Post
So, looking for quick suggestions for any other brand and make.
There are other better opinions available in 205/60R16 size for ex - Michelin P4ST, Continental UC6 & MRF Perfinza.

P.S. - Availability of freshly manufactured Michelin P4ST might be an issue.

Quote:
Plus if I should go for Tyremarket or local dealer.

I do drive on highways but there is regular city driving involved also in Bengaluru, so looking for suggestions accordingly.
You can visit Madhus Tyre Center, it's owned by a fellow BHPian
NA-driver is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2024, 21:01   #449
BHPian

Thanks for suggestions. Got the Ecosports fitted with MRF Perfinza based on quite a lot of good reviews. Bought the tyres from Tyremarket.com and got delivery within a day, tyres manufactured in Jan, Mar 2023.

Fitting done in one of the outlet suggested by Tyremarket. It was quick, but paid ₹ 2500 including new valves and got nothing for the old tyres.

Initial driving experience with the new tyres have been good. Will be taking a long drive soon, so will update the experience in few weeks.
Niel@Figo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2024, 20:50   #450

The thread I have been looking for. My Loyal 2016 EcoSport has 110000 on the odo. The stock MRFs has served for the initial 60K and the Micheline Primacy 4STs had 55K on them, still going strong (with another 5K life left).

But I feel it's time for a replacement. I have gone through this thread multiple times and here are my observations.

MRF Perfinza - The VFM tyres with better handling but a bit of road noise.
Yokos - Hard compound (apparently) and reduces comfort on a car like ES that is on the stiffer side.
Vredesteins - The new Primacy 4STs have great reviews, be it for stability, comfort, braking, or less road noise. Long-time reliability is still a question. Would be great if the users can update their take on this thread.
Michelines - No stock (at least in Chennai and Hyd).
Contis: Same like Yokos. Hard compound with a bit of road noise.

Also, is it worth installing ROGER Rogerab? The pros of installing them have already been listed. Enthusiasts take on cons and safety aspects would be really appreciated.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks