Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2013, 18:52   #46
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvind Sharma View Post
titanium diesel may of profiel 215/55/R16 if not more.!
The size you mention would be a serious overkill for a Figo. Check if such an upsize fouls with the wheel arches before going ahead.
Old 14th July 2013, 19:33   #47
BANNED

So, has anybody else on the forum upgraded to their wheel and/or tyres (other than ecosport rules)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
The size you mention would be a serious overkill for a Figo. Check if such an upsize fouls with the wheel arches before going ahead.
Woah...man read the title once again.

Last edited by agambhandari : 14th July 2013 at 19:39.
Old 18th July 2013, 17:52   #48

re: Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

I just happened to check out Pirelli tyres of config 225/55/R16. And they look quite wide. I am not sure if that size will be right for the ecosport.
Any comments!!
Old 18th July 2013, 21:57   #49
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

A different take:

This may be a bit unscientific but just comparing stuff:

When I consider that the First Laura Diesel L&K 105bhp default tyre size in R16 is 205/55 vs. the 205/60 in the EcoSport. And that I have upsized to 225/55 R16 in the Laura with no noticeable drop in responsiveness, added comfort and no fouling with the wheel arch. Considering that the EcoSport should have a much bigger SUVish wheel arch somehow feel that 225 or 215/60 R16 should not impact the EcoSport responsiveness either and also not foul with the wheel arch.

The EcoSport Diesel though may be impacted due to lower power to deliver, but the petrols are 112 and 125 bhp and the Laura has had 105 and 110 bhp all along before the 140 bhp version came along, and many people have used higher width tyres on it.

Yep the warranty would be void yet 215/60 R16 should be fine from the vehicle power and fouling point of views.
Old 18th July 2013, 22:46   #50
BHPian

It's in my opinion that its not worth upsizing in the ecosport. If you have the trend and ambiente versions which have 15 inchers, even those sizes are pretty good. The ecosport's suspension has been tuned nicely considering both the tyre sizes.

What I would suggest is to change the tyre brand to say michelin, yoko, or maybe pirrelis.

I have a new fiesta, where I tried to upsize, but really, it ruined the ride. I have a figo as well, where I tried upsizing. Resulted in a loss of power, and stiffer ride. Reverted back to original next day pronto.

Ford generally gives tyres of good sizes for its cars. It will satisfy all your daily needs.

Thanks,
Simple_car
Old 19th July 2013, 21:06   #51
BHPian

Went to a tyre showroom today to get options for my ecosport which is coming on wednesday (hopefully) - Ambient version.

Thinking of upgrading from 195/65/R15 to 205/65/R15 since the guy said while 225/55/R16 size is available, the tread would be simple & 16 Rims dont have much choice. Also the difference between both these upgrades are 20,000 which is not worth it (nor do i have the vitimin M for it)

He has offered to upgrade tires from 195/65/R15 to 205/65/R15 at a good rate (considering exchanging my new tyres) but i am confused with the options (not much difference in cost). Even if i get goodyear tyres, i get to upgrade them to slightly bigger tyres and better brand at a reasonable cost.

Michelin / Continental / Pirelli / Yokohoma / Bridgestone GR60

What do you guys think I should choose? I am thinking Pirelli or continental should be good.

Last edited by urajkumar : 19th July 2013 at 21:08.
Old 25th July 2013, 12:45   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
Went to a tyre showroom today to get options for my ecosport which is coming on wednesday (hopefully) - Ambient version.

Thinking of upgrading from 195/65/R15 to 205/65/R15 since the guy said while 225/55/R16 size is available, the tread would be simple & 16 Rims dont have much choice. Also the difference between both these upgrades are 20,000 which is not worth it (nor do i have the vitimin M for it)

He has offered to upgrade tires from 195/65/R15 to 205/65/R15 at a good rate (considering exchanging my new tyres) but i am confused with the options (not much difference in cost). Even if i get goodyear tyres, i get to upgrade them to slightly bigger tyres and better brand at a reasonable cost.

Michelin / Continental / Pirelli / Yokohoma / Bridgestone GR60

What do you guys think I should choose? I am thinking Pirelli or continental should be good.

I upgraded to 205/60 R16 my Ambiente version by putting the stock alloy wheels which comes for the Titanium version. Felt the 15" for the ambiente were little tiny for an SUV!
Bridgestone Potenza is sufficient enough as I too settle for the same
if you are still not satisfied you can settle for Yokohoma's
johannskaria is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 13:23   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
I upgraded to 205/60 R16 my Ambiente version by putting the stock alloy wheels which comes for the Titanium version. Felt the 15" for the ambiente were little tiny for an SUV!
Bridgestone Potenza is sufficient enough as I too settle for the same
if you are still not satisfied you can settle for Yokohoma's
Thats Cool! Can you share some pictures for all of us? Let me be greedy and ask if possible share before & after too

My car has come but my delivery is getting postponed due to special number hopefully i get it next wednesday
Old 25th July 2013, 13:29   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
Thats Cool! Can you share some pictures for all of us? Let me be greedy and ask if possible share before & after too

My car has come but my delivery is getting postponed due to special number hopefully i get it next wednesday
Taking delivery for the car on Tuesday, important day for my family

The alloys and Tyres are readily sitting in my garage!
Old 25th July 2013, 15:11   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
Taking delivery for the car on Tuesday, important day for my family

The alloys and Tyres are readily sitting in my garage!
Hi Johannskaria! Could you please tell me how much the upgrade is costing you including the exchange?
Old 27th July 2013, 09:35   #56
BHPian

Two of my friends and myself have decided to get Continental CPC 2 in stock size for our EcoSport. One got delivery of the vehicle yesterday - TDCi Titanium. The other has been asked to pay the money and will get the vehicle next week - Ecoboost. No information on my vehicle - TDCi Titanium(o). Negotiated for 12 tyres in exchange for stock tyres ...and got a very good deal.
Old 27th July 2013, 12:27   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dish View Post
Two of my friends and myself have decided to get Continental CPC 2 in stock size for our EcoSport. One got delivery of the vehicle yesterday - TDCi Titanium. The other has been asked to pay the money and will get the vehicle next week - Ecoboost. No information on my vehicle - TDCi Titanium(o). Negotiated for 12 tyres in exchange for stock tyres ...and got a very good deal.
I am still thinking about the upgrade to Continental in spite of everyone telling me Good year is good enough! Did you get MRF as Stock tyres? Is there any difference you see in the ride and grip?

wondering if 12K spend is worth the improvement from a Good years! Kindly share your feedback once you have changed it.
Old 27th July 2013, 15:06   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binoym View Post
Hi Johannskaria! Could you please tell me how much the upgrade is costing you including the exchange?

Paid 40k for the 205/60 R16Bridgestones. The tyrewala's were quoting very low for the buy back of 195/65 R15's . so planned not to sell them.

Anyway our Ertiga have run enough for tyre change. So most probably will utilize for it .

Alloy's extra.

Last edited by johannskaria : 27th July 2013 at 15:07.
johannskaria is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2013, 15:09   #59
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys,
My initial ownership review for titanium optional TDCi is out.
Thanks to the moderators.
Please refer to the link below.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ci-silver.html
Old 3rd August 2013, 16:43   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Check out this Ecosport wrapped on to some Pirelli A/T tires

Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-mudflaps.jpg

Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-reverseparkingsensor.jpg

Found this on an Ecosport Accessories Link on an Indian website.

This setup looks much better & gives the ECOSPORT a true SUV stance.
karan561 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks