Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2021, 14:44   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: BluEarth AE-50 tyres listed on Yokohama's website

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
I was looking at the options in Yoko and Conti.
Eliminated Yoko Earth1 since the reviews termed it noisy. Yoko BluEarth RV02 doesnt have much reviews.

Conti UC6 and Yoko AE51 are mentioned as car tyres. So was not sure if it can be used for a Creta.

The other option is Conti CrossContact LX2.
Did you decide on this ? I too was exploring BluEarth GT (mine is a sedan) and got some feedback that they tend to get noisy with age. So I included UC6(better than Earth1) in my search which is also good
Now I am confused as to which one is better(UC6 Vs BluEarth) ?

My Corolla has Yoko A460 made in Japan - almost 7 years and still no punctures/cracks however noise has definitely increased(expected) so I don't want to rely more on luck and want to get this changed ASAP. I am also not sure if BluEarth GT(made in india) comes even close to A460 or is a spec lower.

Last edited by rajshenoy : 11th December 2021 at 14:45.
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2021, 15:11   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
My Corolla has Yoko A460 made in Japan - almost 7 years and still no punctures/cracks however noise has definitely increased(expected) so I don't want to rely more on luck and want to get this changed ASAP. I am also not sure if BluEarth GT(made in india) comes even close to A460 or is a spec lower.
Michelin } Bridgestone Turanza } UC6 } BluEarth

BluEarth are good only for the initial 20000 kms, thereafter road noise and hardness of rubber begins.
UC6 is good and air-pressure needs to be strictly kept in check.
Turanza perform best in all conditions as per the recommended air-pressure of vehicle manufacturer (sticker on door-jam).
Michelin are the best but the run-in period of initial 1500kms is the riskiest when side-wall ruptures happen.

Sedan-tyres can be used in cross-SUVs whose gross weight is nearabout the same as Sedans.
Sushil Pingua is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2021, 16:12   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushil Pingua View Post
Michelin } Bridgestone Turanza } UC6 } BluEarth

BluEarth are good only for the initial 20000 kms, thereafter road noise and hardness of rubber begins.
UC6 is good and air-pressure needs to be strictly kept in check.
Turanza perform best in all conditions as per the recommended air-pressure of vehicle manufacturer (sticker on door-jam).
Michelin are the best but the run-in period of initial 1500kms is the riskiest when side-wall ruptures happen.

Sedan-tyres can be used in cross-SUVs whose gross weight is nearabout the same as Sedans.
Thanks, Could you please share the Michelin model you are referring to ? Not having good reviews of Bridgestone since most of their OEM offerings are noisy hard rubber. Michelin my concern is on softer sidewalls and the price premium(unless it is really worth it).
Old 11th December 2021, 17:16   #109
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Did you decide on this ? I too was exploring BluEarth GT (mine is a sedan) and got some feedback that they tend to get noisy with age. So I included UC6(better than Earth1) in my search which is also good
Now I am confused as to which one is better(UC6 Vs BluEarth) ?

I went with AE51. The RV02 that I got were 2020 manufactured. Most dealers dont have it in stock. Got mixed reviews on Conti UC6 - dealers claiming soft rubber and prone to punctures. So decided to stick with the AE51.

Have covered 100 kms with new tyres and things are good. The ride is more planted and the noise has reduced a lot.
m8002? is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2021, 17:35   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, Could you please share the Michelin model you are referring to ? Not having good reviews of Bridgestone since most of their OEM offerings are noisy hard rubber. Michelin my concern is on softer sidewalls and the price premium(unless it is really worth it).
Two sizes - 205/55R16 & 195/65R15 in the Michelin P4ST model are available for your Toyota.

The Ecopia model of Bridgestone doesn't have good reviews across the globe, it is basically a hard compound tyre which lasts long with lot of road noise; Ecopia is offered as OEM in budget cars. The other model of Bridgestone called the Turanza T001 is world renowned for comfort and silent drives, with no sidewall issues. Turanza also has the tyre sizes for your Toyota just like Michelin P4ST.

Michelin has a premium price for its tyres. The side-walls of Michelin are prone to cuts and tear during the initial run-in of 1500Kms. BUT the level of silence and comfort given by Michelin tyres is unmatched. My first set of tyres were the Michelin P3ST - silent traveller.
These days Michelin tyres are mostly out of stock in most of the states.

Last week due to non availability of Michelin tyres I purchased the Bridgestone Turanza T001 tyres for my Honda BRV, and I've posted a thread on it. They are silent and very good feeling of road grip is felt on the steering.

All the best in choosing the best rubber for your Toyota.

Last edited by Sushil Pingua : 11th December 2021 at 17:52. Reason: Spelling
Sushil Pingua is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2021, 19:58   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Two sizes - 205/55R16 & 195/65R15 in the Michelin P4ST model are available for your Toyota.

The Ecopia model of Bridgestone doesn't have good reviews across the globe, it is basically a hard compound tyre which lasts long with lot of road noise; Ecopia is offered as OEM in budget cars. The other model of Bridgestone called the Turanza T001 is world renowned for comfort and silent drives, with no sidewall issues. Turanza also has the tyre sizes for your Toyota just like Michelin P4ST.

Michelin has a premium price for its tyres. The side-walls of Michelin are prone to cuts and tear during the initial run-in of 1500Kms. BUT the level of silence and comfort given by Michelin tyres is unmatched. My first set of tyres were the Michelin P3ST - silent traveller.
These days Michelin tyres are mostly out of stock in most of the states.

Last week due to non availability of Michelin tyres I purchased the Bridgestone Turanza T001 tyres for my Honda BRV, and I've posted a thread on it. They are silent and very good feeling of road grip is felt on the steering.

All the best in choosing the best rubber for your Toyota.
Thanks a lot. I spoke to few dealers and now narrowing in on UC6, T001 and P4ST

Michelin obviously is the pricier but not sure if 15-20% premium is worth it. For some reasons, dealers were not keen on Bridgestones here in Bangalore but UC6 seem to be selling hot(he claims latest nov end set)
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2021, 20:57   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot. I spoke to few dealers and now narrowing in on UC6, T001 and P4ST

Michelin obviously is the pricier but not sure if 15-20% premium is worth it. For some reasons, dealers were not keen on Bridgestones here in Bangalore but UC6 seem to be selling hot(he claims latest nov end set)
Michelin is costly as compared to other premium tyres, but beneficial on the long run. If wheel balancing and alignment is done every 6 months then Michelin are known to last trouble-free for over 60,000Kms.

Since Bangalore tyre dealers are preferential about Continental UC6 you can go for the UC6, as warranty replacement would be easier with these dealers, and getting Nov end manufactured tyres are super.
The only precaution to be taken with UC6 is to maintain correct air-pressure at all times as recommended by your Toyota car, UC6 does not tolerate low air-pressure, whereas Michelin is good at tolerating low air-pressure.
And to keep a watch on the correct air-pressure of tyre I would suggest you to install "internal tyre pressure monitoring system" called Internal-TPMS when installing new tyres.
I have installed TREEL's TPMS sold at JK Tyre outlets at the time of installing new tyres. TREEL's TPMS sold at JK Tyre Outlets would cost anywhere between 4000/- to 5000/- for all five tyres depending on bargain. These TPMS would connect to mobile app via Bluetooth and the mobile phone would sound alarm when tyre pressure goes low.
Sushil Pingua is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2021, 22:31   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The only precaution to be taken with UC6 is to maintain correct air-pressure at all times as recommended by your Toyota car, UC6 does not tolerate low air-pressure, whereas Michelin is good at tolerating low air-pressure.
And to keep a watch on the correct air-pressure of tyre I would suggest you to install "internal tyre pressure monitoring system" called Internal-TPMS when installing new tyres.
I guess TPMS will anyway bloat the price to that of Michelins. So from what I understand Conti UC6 is sensitive to pressure(does it mean a puncture can potentially damage unless I notice it early?) Yoko are forgiving in that aspect

Michelins need a special run-in of 1500 that other brands do not require ? or is it purely based on the reviews from P3st ?
Old 13th December 2021, 16:01   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Yoko are forgiving in that aspect
Kindly visit the Yokohama Earth 1 thread page to have a peek at their performance, specially last two pages of the thread -

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...-india-41.html (Yokohama Earth-1 Tyres (designed for India))
Old 28th December 2021, 11:02   #115
BHPian

Yesterday I changed the tyres on my Dzire from stock Bridgestone Ecopia to Yokohama BlueEarth GT AE51 in 185/65 R15. Had driven the stock Bridgestone Ecopia for 50000Kms over 4 years and cracks started to appear and the rubber had become hard; although there was significant tread depth left.
I visited Premji Tyres at Thane and discussed the options with Mark Premji. I was confused between the Michelin XM2+ and the Yokohama BlueEarth GT AE51. The Michelins costed almost Rs. 6500 whereas the Yokos were for Rs. 5500. But Michelins have the standard warranty whereas Yokos are offering 18 months unconditional warranty and normal warranty after that. So even if you hit a pothole and the tyres go bad, Yoko is willing to replace it provided its within 18 months. Thus decided to go ahead with the Yokos.
Now coming to the performance, I have driven ~100Kms post changing the tyres and immediately noticed a drop in tyre noise. The grip has also improved significantly, but this is in comparison to a 50000Km run Ecopia. Will update further as I munch more miles.
Old 22nd March 2022, 13:06   #116
BHPian

Hi everyone.
Any recommendations between the AE-51 and the UC6. The cars in question are a Polo and an i20. Primary concern soft ride and silence.
Thanks
revvhed
Old 10th April 2022, 18:09   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeygani View Post
Upgraded the tyres of my Honda City from Michelin Primacy 3st 195/60 R15 to Yokohoma BluEarth-GT AE51 195/65 R15
Can you let us know how did it feel going from Michelin to Yoko BluEarth? I have similar Michelins Primacy 3ST on my car and was looking to change as they are almost 5 years old. Would like to avoid the Michelin premium price but wasn't sure if the Yokos would be a downgrade in ride quality and noise.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 11th April 2022 at 12:35. Reason: Fixed broken quote tags
Old 11th April 2022, 12:00   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmGu View Post
Can you let us know how did it feel going from Michelin to Yoko BluEarth?
Michelin Primacy tyres are definitely more silent than Yokohoma.
Tyre noise is noticeable more at highway speeds.

Both are good tyres, for the premium price Michelin offers silent ride than Yokohoma.
jeygani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2022, 13:52   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmGu View Post
Can you let us know how did it feel going from Michelin to Yoko BluEarth? I have similar Michelins Primacy 3ST on my car and was looking to change as they are almost 5 years old. Would like to avoid the Michelin premium price but wasn't sure if the Yokos would be a downgrade in ride quality and noise.
I had a superb experience with the Yokohama BluEarth tyres on my VW Passat. They were far better than the Pirelli Cinturato which came with the car. Two of my colleagues in office also switched to Yokohama BluEarth and are very happy with the performance of the tyres
Old 2nd May 2022, 20:33   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
upgrading my Seltos with RV02s, which I appreciate every single time I drive the car, I just replaced my Creta's Accelera's to Yoko BluEarth GT Ae51's.

The Accelera's fared much better than expected but these Yokos are in a different league. Super silent, very low resistance and grips good in wet and dry. Solid 8 of 10. Highly recommended.
Just a quick check - Your rating here is for RV02's and not for AE-51 right ? Am in the same situation as you are looking for a tyre replacement for my steed

Most Viewed