Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2018, 12:39   #16
BHPian

Re: Review: MRF Perfinza Tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrANTO View Post

For my Gypsy I am opting for Yokohama Geolander AT (215/75/R15) because according to my research and feedback from fellow team bhp-ians, they are the best in the given size. I have to go to Kochi to source these (100km from my home) that is why I am still riding on stock tyres

DrAnto, please have a look at Michelin LTX Force too, its latest AT tyre from Michelin designed for 50% road usage and 50% off-road usage. Michelin claims that this tyre will provide best of the both worlds and I found lot of customers vouching for performance and quality of these tyres. I am seriously considering them along with Yokohama Geolanders for my Pajero Sport.
Old 17th July 2018, 12:46   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It feels good to know that you also consider "looks" while selecting tires. For layman, this is something they won't understand. Also your predominantly city driving cycle might have contributed to this sort of healthy tire life.

As far as tire goes, I like the "Chubby" look, means i like fat tires (more rubber). I simply hate thin or flat tires. They look really bad and sometimes odd IMHO. I know they are good and helps for faster speeds & cornering. Still I always prefer Chubby looking tires over flat tires as they look really cool and enhance the car looks for any car.

Coming back to Continental tires. After yesterday's discussion, I curiously checked mine today morning again and they are Conti MC5 only. I checked the depth of the threads and looks like there is minimal wear and tear happened after 28K KMS. I guess I will easily cross 50K on these set of tires. I will send photos later.
aniketi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2018, 16:05   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTO View Post
I was in this situation in April of last year when I had to change the tyres for my Vento (nicknamed Fento). The car came with stock Apollo Alnac tyres (185-60 R15).
Your car and alloys both look magnificent brother. Happy to know that you are having a pleasant experience with Continental MC5's. Regarding tire life , I think it depends a lot on our driving style. Two of my friends (who are aggressive drivers) had their MC5's replaced within 25000km.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepaktpatil View Post
DrAnto, please have a look at Michelin LTX Force too, its latest AT tyre from Michelin designed for 50% road usage and 50% off-road usage.
Thanks for the suggestion. I will definitely shortlist these also while upgrading tires of my Gypsy. But my guess is that these will be significantly expensive compared to Yoko's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post

Coming back to Continental tires. After yesterday's discussion, I curiously checked mine today morning again and they are Conti MC5 only. I checked the depth of the threads and looks like there is minimal wear and tear happened after 28K KMS. I guess I will easily cross 50K on these set of tires.
Great to know that your Continental MC5's are still going strong. But at the same time check Team-Bhpian Dr.Naren's S cross thread. His MC5's lasted less than 20000 km IIRC (his case may be an exception considering his driving style and all those 0-100 runs post remap). So it amuses me that such a wide spectrum of tire life posted with MC5's ranging from 20000- 50000 km.
DrANTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2018, 17:13   #19
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks for the suggestion. I will definitely shortlist these also while upgrading tires of my Gypsy. But my guess is that these will be significantly expensive compared to Yoko's.

Nope, its similar price range.
deepaktpatil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2018, 16:35   #20
BHPian

DrANTO while I feel you could have run your tyres for a good 5k kms more, I understand it is absolutely a personal choice. Reasons could be safety, comfort, fear of a mishap or all of these

These MRFs look good in pictures, I will give them a thought when I do my first change. I am currently on Primacy 3ST with 35k on my EcoSport Diesel. To my surprise ( given these are soft compound) the depth is still pretty decent and good for another 15k Kms to say the least. I will try to post a picture tomorrow before I leave for office
Old 18th July 2018, 16:43   #21
BHPian

Good to see another fellow BHPian installing the Perfinza and happy with it. I fitted my 8 year - 1 Lakh KM old Polo 1.6 Petrol last month. Here is my initial impression - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post4416248

Its been just about a month now that I have been using these tyres. One thing I have noticed it that the pressure is dropping by a few PSIs on all the tyres in a week's time (becomes 27 from 30). But the drop is uniform across in the 4 tyres.
I usually fill air (not Nitrogen) at the same place every time, usually after a drive of around 5 kms from home.

I had changed all the valves during the tyre change.

Any pointers on what the issue might be?
sadnabrina is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2018, 17:05   #22
BHPian

Quote:
These MRFs look good in pictures, I will give them a thought when I do my first change. I am currently on Primacy 3ST with 35k on my EcoSport Diesel. To my surprise ( given these are soft compound) the depth is still pretty decent and good for another 15k Kms to say the least. I will try to post a picture tomorrow before I leave for office
Yes, Michelin Primacy ST can last up to 50000km or more even though they are soft. That is one advantage of them which might negate the initial high procurement cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadnabrina View Post
Its been just about a month now that I have been using these tyres. One thing I have noticed it that the pressure is dropping by a few PSIs on all the tyres in a week's time (becomes 27 from 30). But the drop is uniform across in the 4 tyres.
I usually fill air (not Nitrogen) at the same place every time, usually after a drive of around 5 kms from home.
Any pointers on what the issue might be?
Just read your experience with Perfinza and it is like a mirror image of my experience. I agree with all the points. I haven't noticed any tire pressure drop so far. I have installed those tires roughly 2 months back and topped up air only once in between. Like you, I also fill regular air and check tire pressure once every 2 weeks. Anyway will keep an eye on this
Old 19th July 2018, 09:15   #23
VEA
BHPian

Michelin 3st 205/55/16 on my corolla has done 55,000 kms so far. They are generating a rumble noise now. But the tyre shop insists that I should not change these yet as they are good enough for another 25,000 kms! There is almost half the tread left. in comparison, the yokohama tyres that came with the car lasted 45,000 kms and were extremely noisy.
VEA is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th November 2018, 07:34   #24
Senior - BHPian

@DrAnto, how are the tires holding up ? Could you post an update? Any rough road experience to share ?
Old 9th March 2019, 11:44   #25
BHPian

This week I upgraded stock Apollo’s (185/60/R15) on my Polo 1.2 Petrol Highline (10/2012, 34k on the odo) with MRF Perfinza (195/60/R15). The reason to change was due to hardening of tyres rather than wear.

I made the purchase + fitting in Pune at Kings Tyres, Nagar Road. Each tyre cost me INR5400/- inclusive of fitting, alignment and balancing (weights extra INR500/-)

The old tyres fetched meagre INR600/- totally!

Before making the switch I was torn between P3ST and Perfinza. Fellow BHPians’ encouraging reviews helped me in taking the plunge and go for Perfinza. The immediate feeling of comfort was extremely noticable especially as the old tyres had hardened due to the age making the ride quite bumpy. I always rode on recommended pressure by VW (26F/28R) however on replacing the tyres I was advised a pressure of 33psi in all 4’s. is this really advisable?
sankdadevil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2019, 20:08   #26
BHPian

Perfinza Experience - 15K KMs

I have been using MRF Perfinza 195/60R15 on my Dzire for the past 15K KMs. And I must say that I really like the tyres. The road noise is minimal and the grip is super. I have driven the car on extremely rough and non existent roads as well. And till now there has been just 1 puncture.

Feels like a perfectly balanced tyre for our Indian road conditions.
ank.nsit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2019, 21:03   #27
BHPian

I have changed my Honda BRV tyres from GoodYear 195/60 R16 to MRF Perfinza 205/60 R16 and the change is pretty evident. Ride is good and road noise is very less in comparison. And the grip is fantastic. Definitely recommend it.
Old 12th October 2019, 22:25   #28
BHPian

Absolutely Noiseless

We've had GoodYears on the Jetta for almost 34000 Kms. The car started pulling to the left which only worsened as we went for a (Semi Long) drive to Vijayawada (~360 Kms). There we thought it is safe to get the alignment checked and went to a local tyre shop. They took the car for a drive and returned, had a thorough look at the tyres, felt the tyres and finally told us that the life of tyres has come to an end and aligning or balancing would do no good to the ride. We asked him if it's okay to drive back to our city with those tyres and he said it's not an issue.

So we came back to Hyderabad and got the Perfinzas installed. Oh boy ! As I drove, I felt like I'm in a sound proofed car. The tyre noise which my ears were accustomed to, was gone. It was dead silent ! It's been about 2 years and 15~17K Kms and they're absolutely fine now. No issues so far.
saisailendra is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th October 2019, 23:40   #29
BHPian

I too have moved to Perfinzas recently on my Vento. I was switching from Yokohama EarthOne which itself was good enough and was a great improvement from the anemic Apollos that came factory fitted.

Perfinzas are better and this I say after driving it now for over 3k kilometers through varied driving conditions. From incessant rain to ghats to open highways, the tyres performed as expected.

In fact the tyres now highlight the weakness with the breaking set-up and I am tempted to do something about it.

The only grouse is the frequent taunt by everyone from family to the roadside nitrogen filling guy.. about buying MRF tires for performance oriented drive!

I was actively consider Conti MC5, Michelin p3st and also Yokohama BlueEarth. Thanks to Team-bhpin Dr.Naren who came to my rescue and helped finalize the decision on Perrfinzas. So far the tires have matched my expectation and well worth the money.
Kris_risk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th November 2019, 21:26   #30
SLK
Senior - BHPian

I installed Perfinza on my 1.8TSI Octavia, right after taking delivery. I bought these because P4ST were out of stock in this size. To me the tyres are very good, comfortable and grippy but not as silent as P3ST which I have on my Polo GT.

I do get a feeling that these have a better ride than P3ST, but that could very well be due to car itself.

Last edited by SLK : 17th November 2019 at 21:27.
SLK is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks