Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section


Reply
  Search this Thread
189,947 views
Old 17th July 2022, 21:49   #61
BHPian
 
amvj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 698
Thanked: 2,421 Times
Re: Review: MRF Perfinza Tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Can anyone share the full list of Perfinza sizes please? The MRF site doesn't have the option to list all tyres. It's instead trying to match with the make & variant.
I think these are the ones:

They also seem to have a model higher than Perfinza.

Review: MRF Perfinza Tyres-mrf-perfinza-markus.png
amvj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 22:13   #62
Senior - BHPian
 
govigov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cochin!!!!!
Posts: 1,697
Thanked: 1,096 Times
Re: Review: MRF Perfinza Tyres

How does the UC6 compare to the Perfinza? My Michelling P4ST is due for replacement, UC6 comes highly recommended in the scross groups. Which is better grip and braking in wet conditions?
govigov is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 20:55   #63
Newbie
 
swaps100050's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2022
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 7
Thanked: 17 Times
Re: Review: MRF Perfinza Tyres

So today I visited a MRF Exclusive Showroom in Chembur "Prem Tyres" to get a quote for MRF Perfinza for my Scross 1.6 and the dealer informed that 195/60/R16 is the maximum size available and MRF has discontinued bigger sizes. Im looking for 205/60/R16 or 215/60/R16 size which they said was only available in Wanderer series. Can anybody confirm this? It will be a shame if MRF discontinues such a potent tyre.

Regards.
swaps100050 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 21:50   #64
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 210
Thanked: 654 Times
Re: Review: MRF Perfinza Tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaps100050 View Post
the dealer informed that 195/60/R16 is the maximum size available and MRF has discontinued bigger sizes. Im looking for 205/60/R16 or 215/60/R16 size which they said was only available in Wanderer series. Can anybody confirm this? It will be a shame if MRF discontinues such a potent tyre.

Regards.
Perfinza never came in the 215/60R16 size, you only get Wanderer Street in this size. 205/60R16 was offered in Perfinza…this might just be a case of low stock. I suggest you call a few other MRF T&S outlets and check. If still not available I suggest one of Apollo Apterra Cross, Vredestein Ultrac or Conti UC6, all of which come in both 205/60R16 and 215/60R16

Last edited by RubberGuru1113 : 1st August 2022 at 21:54. Reason: Added alternative options
RubberGuru1113 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 12:46   #65
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 66
Thanked: 91 Times
Re: Review: MRF Perfinza Tyres

I am looking to change the stock tyres on my 2018 ecosport, 40K km done. Checked with a dealer in Baner Pune. He is quoting 7,700 for mrf perfinza 205,60,r16. And 6,700 for mrf wanderer. He didn't have the perfinzas in stock, said he needs to order on demand. Will check with other dealers too and update here.

Weird that the mrf website doesn't show perfinza in this size. It shows only wanderer.

Last edited by heinrici : 24th August 2022 at 12:53.
heinrici is offline  
Old 25th August 2022, 15:10   #66
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 210
Thanked: 654 Times
Re: Review: MRF Perfinza Tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinrici View Post
I am looking to change the stock tyres on my 2018 ecosport, 40K km done. Checked with a dealer in Baner Pune. He is quoting 7,700 for mrf perfinza 205,60,r16. And 6,700 for mrf wanderer. He didn't have the perfinzas in stock, said he needs to order on demand. Will check with other dealers too and update here.

Weird that the mrf website doesn't show perfinza in this size. It shows only wanderer.
Perfinza is very much there in the MRF site (though I must say it's a very tacky and hard to navigate site.

Are you considering any options other than the Perfinza/Wanderer?

Name:  Perfinza.JPG
Views: 2319
Size:  83.9 KB
RubberGuru1113 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 15:49   #67
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Dr.Naren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 5,102
Thanked: 16,932 Times
Re: Review: MRF Perfinza Tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberGuru1113 View Post
Perfinza never came in the 215/60R16 size, you only get Wanderer Street in this size. 205/60R16 was offered in Perfinza.
Perfinza did come in 215/60 R16 size, not sure on the current availability.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: MRF Perfinza Tyres-img_20220825_154831.jpg  

Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 16:03   #68
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 323
Thanked: 1,630 Times
Re: Review: MRF Perfinza Tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaps100050 View Post
So today I visited a MRF Exclusive Showroom in Chembur "Prem Tyres" to get a quote for MRF Perfinza for my Scross 1.6 and the dealer informed that 195/60/R16 is the maximum size available and MRF has discontinued bigger sizes. Im looking for 205/60/R16 or 215/60/R16 size which they said was only available in Wanderer series. Can anybody confirm this? It will be a shame if MRF discontinues such a potent tyre.

Regards.
if you haven't yet changed tyres on your s-cross, you can also look at Yokohamas. The Earth series is quite good, i have them running on my Scross 1.6 for the past 1 year.

Ride quality is excellent, and the tyres are surprisingly quiet. The only issue is that the compound is soft, so I am not sure about the mileage I will get out of them.
kosjam is offline  
Old 25th August 2022, 16:06   #69
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 210
Thanked: 654 Times
Re: Review: MRF Perfinza Tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Perfinza did come in 215/60 R16 size, not sure on the current availability.
Ahh I stand corrected - I had based my comment on the fact that it is not one of the sizes listed under Perfinza on the MRF site. Perhaps they have recently discontinued it - though it doesn't make sense, as 215/60R16 is the more popular tyre size with a larger pool of vehicles running on it as stock fitment compared to the 205/60R16. Another reason could be that they have so much stock of the Wanderer Street in the 215/60R16 size (which they supply as stock tyres for the Brezza, Venue and Sonet - all vehicles that are produced in very high numbers) that they want to sell the excess stock in the replacement market through dealers, and have suppressed the supply of the Perfinzas in this particular size to enable that.

Attaching a screenshot from the MRF website below for their current Perfinza size range for the benefit of other BHPians :-

Name:  Perfinza Range.JPG
Views: 2385
Size:  50.0 KB

Last edited by RubberGuru1113 : 25th August 2022 at 16:15. Reason: Corrected typo
RubberGuru1113 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 18:19   #70
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 66
Thanked: 91 Times
Re: Review: MRF Perfinza Tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberGuru1113 View Post
Are you considering any options other than the Perfinza/Wanderer?
Based on the comments on this thread, i am also considering Michelin primacy 4 St, and Yokohama earth. But definitely not wanderer. Dealer distribution is also a factor, most dealers here are Goodyear/Bridgestone. Just one Mrf. I won't go the online route for reasons of warranty claims.
heinrici is offline  
Old 25th August 2022, 18:22   #71
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 66
Thanked: 91 Times
Re: Review: MRF Perfinza Tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberGuru1113 View Post
Attaching a screenshot from the MRF website below for their current Perfinza size range for the benefit of other BHPians :-

Attachment 2350707
@RubberGuru1113 I can't find that page on mrf website that lists all tyres in all sizes. It forces me to choose a make and model.
heinrici is offline  
Old 26th August 2022, 10:21   #72
BHPian
 
mav2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 621
Thanked: 315 Times
Re: Review: MRF Perfinza Tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaps100050 View Post
So today I visited a MRF Exclusive Showroom in Chembur "Prem Tyres" to get a quote for MRF Perfinza for my Scross 1.6 and the dealer informed that 195/60/R16 is the maximum size available and MRF has discontinued bigger sizes. Im looking for 205/60/R16 or 215/60/R16 size which they said was only available in Wanderer series. Can anybody confirm this? It will be a shame if MRF discontinues such a potent tyre.

Regards.
Hi, I just got my Jetta tyres changed to 205/55 R16 through tyresnmore. They came home within a day of payment and did the change. Date of production was also very recent, cant remember the week but it was somewhere around April 2022
mav2000 is offline  
Old 19th September 2022, 21:33   #73
Newbie
 
swaps100050's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2022
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 7
Thanked: 17 Times
Re: Review: MRF Perfinza Tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberGuru1113 View Post
Perfinza never came in the 215/60R16 size, you only get Wanderer Street in this size. 205/60R16 was offered in Perfinza…this might just be a case of low stock. I suggest you call a few other MRF T&S outlets and check. If still not available I suggest one of Apollo Apterra Cross, Vredestein Ultrac or Conti UC6, all of which come in both 205/60R16 and 215/60R16
Quote:
Originally Posted by kosjam View Post
if you haven't yet changed tyres on your s-cross, you can also look at Yokohamas. The Earth series is quite good, i have them running on my Scross 1.6 for the past 1 year.

Ride quality is excellent, and the tyres are surprisingly quiet. The only issue is that the compound is soft, so I am not sure about the mileage I will get out of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Hi, I just got my Jetta tyres changed to 205/55 R16 through tyresnmore. They came home within a day of payment and did the change. Date of production was also very recent, cant remember the week but it was somewhere around April 2022
Thank You all for your suggestions.
I was not able to procure MRF Perfinza's, and with the upcoming trip, I went ahead with my next preference - Continental UC6 in stock size, i.e 205/60/R16 from Pal Tyres, Lamington at 8000 Per Tyre.
swaps100050 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2022, 11:56   #74
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 66
Thanked: 91 Times
Re: Review: MRF Perfinza Tyres

Finally found some time to get Perfinzas. Had to preorder - got a very recent manufacturing Week 37 Sep. 12, 2022 to Sep. 18, 2022. I had thought that the stock 40k run Goodyear Assurance would have more life on them but after removal i noticed that the tread was uneven and in a couple of place had worn down right to the dot marking. So good that got them replaced. Immediate feedback is that the Perfinzas are way quieter. Did not drive long distance to check grip.
heinrici is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2022, 19:02   #75
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 210
Thanked: 654 Times
Re: Review: MRF Perfinza Tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinrici View Post
Immediate feedback is that the Perfinzas are way quieter. Did not drive long distance to check grip.
Which size did you go for? Stock 205/60R16 or 215/60R16?
RubberGuru1113 is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks