Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2011, 15:24   #106
Team-BHP Support

re: Goodyear Assurance tyres, Triplemax 2 launched

Guys, any more experiences on GY Assurance ? Plan to get them for my swift.

Quick calls to some of the GY dealers in town and they have priced it between 3250 & 3850. Not sure why this differential exists.
Old 28th September 2011, 15:06   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Guys, any more experiences on GY Assurance ? Plan to get them for my swift.
As I mentioned in my PM to you, go for it. It is surely a nice tyre.

Done about 6000 km (almost two years now, slow I know) and had only 1 puncture (screw that slowly let out air, if it was a nail it wouldn't have leaked, fixed it myself).

Pulled of 140+ stretches and consistent ~120 stretches and not had any issues in terms of handling or grip. Ride is better than stock and no issues with mileage too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Quick calls to some of the GY dealers in town and they have priced it between 3250 & 3850. Not sure why this differential exists.
Well that depends. How they work their business. Some are distributors so have advantage of a better margin, while others could be resellers so procure at a higher price!

Others like to quote a low price and stick by it. And some quote higher and are willing to negotiate . That's how it is!

(I remember one helmet dealer in Bangalore was trying to sell me a helmet above MRP! And then negotiating still above it! It was only when I complained to the shop owner did he feel apologetic and offered me a 15% discount on the MRP! Ended up saving over Rs. 200!)

That's how it works. Some people try to make their money when they can from uninformed / not bothered customers. So that they can make up for the loss when we kind of customers come along!

Just go for the cheapest place you trust (for tyres and later service, just in case).
Old 10th April 2012, 17:07   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glifford View Post
As I mentioned in my PM to you, go for it. It is surely a nice tyre.

Done about 6000 km (almost two years now, slow I know) and had only 1 puncture (screw that slowly let out air, if it was a nail it wouldn't have leaked, fixed it myself).

Pulled of 140+ stretches and consistent ~120 stretches and not had any issues in terms of handling or grip. Ride is better than stock and no issues with mileage too!

Well that depends. How they work their business. Some are distributors so have advantage of a better margin, while others could be resellers so procure at a higher price!

Others like to quote a low price and stick by it. And some quote higher and are willing to negotiate . That's how it is!

(I remember one helmet dealer in Bangalore was trying to sell me a helmet above MRP! And then negotiating still above it! It was only when I complained to the shop owner did he feel apologetic and offered me a 15% discount on the MRP! Ended up saving over Rs. 200!)

That's how it works. Some people try to make their money when they can from uninformed / not bothered customers. So that they can make up for the loss when we kind of customers come along!

Just go for the cheapest place you trust (for tyres and later service, just in case).
Hi Glifford.

Any update on the experience with Assurance?
Old 10th May 2012, 16:03   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
I'm not even talking about sidewalls. Generally, the GT3s and more often the GPS2s develop a wobble after 10-15k kms. It is so common! I'm not making this up. I've seen for myself. It becomes extremely difficult to balance GY tyres after approximately half it's life is done.

See, we sell max no. of BS, MRF and Apollo. The imported tyres account for a minority of sales. I'm sure this is common with any dealer in India. We dont have much experience with Goodyear, especially the newer patterns and that is why I stayed away from this discussion.

But when it comes to the GPS2s and GT3s, it's a constant headache for us! People blame us for not doing a good job with the balancing, but it's nearly impossible! We've tried various settings on the balancer and it keeps saying the tyre is ok, but the driver keeps complaining of wobbling problems.

We never have this problem with any other tyre. MRF, BS, Apollo, even JK Vectras are decent in this regard
God...yhis is exactly what i am going through!My ride's a mess
Old 11th May 2012, 00:46   #110
BHPian

Hey guys why aren't the GY Assurance tires considered in place of Michelin,Bs,MRFs??My friend has changed his stock figo tires with these and they are quite good! I was shocked at first seeing him swap his MRFs with Goodyears!! They seem to be tough, comfortable and quite grippy and a bit cheap with respect to similar models from Michelin,yoko, BS.Normally people(BHPians!) upgrade to Michelin,BS,Yokos and rarely will you find someone with new Goodyears, so wondering why arent these tires recommended or even mentioned ?? .
rambo1o1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2012, 15:04   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfusion View Post
Hi Glifford.

Any update on the experience with Assurance?
Sorry for a 2 month old response! Was travelling and when I returned I forgot to check back.

They have been doing good, no complaints. Decent grip in dry and wet. Not let me down.

Did a Pondicherry trip too and they did well on all kinds of terrain with no issues. Also held well during the 140 bursts on the GQ.
Old 20th September 2012, 00:42   #112
BHPian

Tyre upgrade for Lancer

It's been 4 years since GoodYear Assurance was launched and the now the latest "Assurance Fuel Max" is also available. Not sure if I should post my query here or create a new thread?

Or the mods can probably rename this thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Seems to have a good review from Indian auto mags.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glifford View Post
Just got Goodyear Assurance 205/60R15 91V upsizes on my Fusion+ on Saturday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amplyfryed View Post
Whoa! Excuse me for jumping in. Apparently it seems Assurance have still not become popular. I have been using Goodyear Assurance on my Fabia 1.2 HTP(replaced OE Matador tyres) since last one year and covered a measly 5500 KM since then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass View Post
.... I mean my tyres were more than an year old when they first got one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManMachine View Post
I finally settled upon Goodyear Assurance 175/65/R14. I wanted to go for 185/60 but it was not available in that range.
Please post any update or reviews now that you all must have driven many K Kms on your GY Assurance.

My 2001 Lancer SLXi deserves new tyres and my research has narrowed down to getting either Apollo Accelere or GY Assurance in size 185/70 R14
The BridgeStone Turanza ER60 is my favourite but it's not there in size 185/70 R14.

Believe it or not, my Lancer still runs on BS-S248 tubed tyre 175/80 R13 on original 13" alloys and has done only 78 K kms till date !!
Everything is still in stock form and the car still runs like new. This tyre+wheel upgrade would be the first major mod for my Lancer
Old 20th September 2012, 19:27   #113
BHPian

The GY Assurance fuelmax is a good tyre. I've said thsi elsewhere in this section too. They're priced competitively , have strong sidewalls (kevlar) and are of a low rolling resistance compound. You'll not regret the choice
Old 20th September 2012, 19:40   #114
BHPian

Been using the Assurances on my Fusion+ for almost 3 years now (in a couple of weeks).

Been happy. Besides just 1 puncture in the first 3 months, never after that. Done some 9,000 odd km (I know hardly much), but also some high speed (140+) highway runs and bad roads. No issues.

I would recommend them as they have better grip and comfort compared to the stock GT3s
Old 25th January 2013, 23:32   #115
BHPian

Bump!

had a brief chat with the owner of 'Changemytyre.com' today.Told him that I was contemplating between various tyre options and most probably will go for MRF ZLO in 195/60 R14 size.

According to him, the ZLO are getting good feedback from customers, but not many people have tested them over a long duration to actually decide whether they do retain the same grip levels post the 20 k kms mark.

As opposed to this, he suggested Goodyear Assurance tyres. He also clearly mentioned that he was not recommending these tyres because he wants to push his stock and that I was free to purchase these from any place else.

I put forth my requirements for good steering response, high speed handling and grip and he said that the assurance are the tyres to go for. They are highly underrated.

Further, asked him if he would suggest the Michelin XM2 or Yokohama C drive over these and he said the assurance would still be better.

So I went to Straightline tyres in Santacruz and compared the Bridgestone AR10, Goodyear Assurance and Michelin XM2. Between the three, the Bridgestone decidedly felt the hardest and the other two were almost equally soft. In the looks department, Assurance has the Mich XM2 beaten (IMO). The ZLO were not available and would need to be ordered.

Prices:-

Goodyear Assurance - 195/60 R14 - INR 4,800/- per tyre;
MRF ZLO - 195/60 R14 - INR 4,300/- per tyre

Anyways, so that adds to the confusion. ZLO or Assurance? Hmm...
roms is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2013, 20:52   #116
BHPian

There aren't too many reviews online for this tyre. However, came across this independent review of 15 different tyres conducted by a magazine by the name of 'Choice' in Australia in 2010.

The Good Year Assurance came out tops on parameters such as dry and wet cornering grip and dry and wet braking distances.

Noteworthy competitors were:

1] Bridgestone Turanza AR10;
2] Michelin Energy XM1+;
3] Pirelli P7; and
4] Yokohama A drive amongst others.

Please see the attached pdf document for the results. Incidentally, the Assurance also won the same award in the consequent year as well.

What surprises me is the fact that these tyres are just not popular in India, probably a consequence of lack of adequate advertising and promotion by Goodyear?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf media_release_.pdf (83.4 KB, 621 views)
Old 2nd February 2013, 14:48   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
Prices:-

Goodyear Assurance - 195/60 R14 - INR 4,800/- per tyre;
MRF ZLO - 195/60 R14 - INR 4,300/- per tyre

Anyways, so that adds to the confusion. ZLO or Assurance? Hmm...
Edit - The final price after discounts for the Assurance in 195/60 R14 is 4500/- a piece, which is fairly good value I think.

Will be getting them today for the Palio.
Old 2nd February 2013, 19:09   #118
BHPian

Ok..sad news. The Goodyear Assurance may no longer be available and looks like Goodyear is pulling the plug on this tyre.

After an unfruitful day trying to find the Assurance at various dealers throughout Mumbai, the only ones available are a June 11 make for 195/60 R14! Its this same set which is available on 'changemytyre.com' as well.

Later, spoke to a Goodyear rep for Mumbai and he said that he wont' be able to help me out as well since it is difficult for him to source these for me. He suggested the Goodyear Duraplus instead, to which I politely refused and kept the phone with a heavy heart. Sigh! Sad that such good tyres are not promoted properly by Goodyear.

As an alternative, the Bridgestone Turanza AR10 seem great. These are replacements for the ageing Turanza ER60. But the cost for 195/60 R14 is 5,550/-. Don't know if they are better than the ZLO which cost 4,300/- a piece in the same size.

Anyways, so its back to my original choice. MRF ZLO, here I come.

Last edited by roms : 2nd February 2013 at 19:13.
Old 8th February 2013, 17:16   #119
BHPian

And I see this thread just today!

Quote:
Ok..sad news. The Goodyear Assurance may no longer be available and looks like Goodyear is pulling the plug on this tyre.

After an unfruitful day trying to find the Assurance at various dealers throughout Mumbai, the only ones available are a June 11 make for 195/60 R14! Its this same set which is available on 'changemytyre.com' as well.
Aah sad! But what's wrong with a 1.5 year old stock? Get a deeper discount if you can. You should wear out the set before they show any serious signs of rubber ageing!

Quote:
Anyways, so its back to my original choice. MRF ZLO, here I come.
This would be a good option too!
Old 22nd July 2013, 20:08   #120

After contemplating a lot finally decided in favor of GY Assurance for my Innova (2007 Model). The OEM fitted GT3 was good and never let me down in the past. In the last 3 years I had only one puncture and the performance was pretty okay.

GY Assurance is very much available and I fitted it from Madhu's Enterprise at Langford Road, Bangalore. Price was Rs.5850 per tire (148 rupees more than Change My Tyre price). Decided to go with Madhu's as its next to my office and other dealers I have checked in Bangalore was not ready to come below 6k per Tyre for this brand.

I could have go for Bridgestone B390 for same price. But from my experience of using a BS on my WagonR for the past 9 years (71K driven and tires are still in good condition) and GY GT3 on Innova for the past 6 years (around 55K driven) I think both GY GT3 and BS 390 are more or less of the same category (entry level OE tire) and there is no reason to pay 600 rupees more for BS. Madhu's were quoting Rs. 5300 for GY GT3 and Rs. 5900 for BS.

Reading all the information available on Team-BHP and other websites I thought better to go for GY Assurance which is more feature rich and light weight. My budget was max 6k per tire so all the other major brands were ruled out. Got the tires fitted last Thursday and still waiting for the next opportunity for a long drive to test the new tires. From the initial response in the rains at Bangalore I think the grips / braking is good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks