Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2014, 15:12   #616
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Yokohama A-Drive Reviews

I think we should restrict the topic to Yoko A Drives alone here, from now on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneToughRider View Post
Will confirm on the model with pics.
Are Accelere(s) different from Amazer(s)?
Yes.
Old 19th June 2014, 10:59   #617
BHPian

My 4year old Ritz had completed 50,000 Kms. I have yoko A drive currently. Absolutely happy with the performance. Since for last couple of months some punctures happening and tyre is showing some weakness thinking of changing it.
Again would like to put the same.
Some queries related to A drive.
The A drives that are available on change my tyre is old stock?
My spare tyre is untouched ,should I change that also or I can buy 3 new tyres and keep an old tyre as spare?
Or Should I go for earth1 ?
Old 19th June 2014, 12:35   #618

I know this would look a little strange to people who love A-drives (and so did I until), but you have to look at the pictures to believe it.

One of the tyre burst-off on Delhi-Jaipur highway but thankfully I survived. This tyre is 11 months used, mfr. in 2013 and was kept in good care.

When I quizzed Gagandeep (kanwal Tyre House), he flatly responded that side walls are not under company warranty (although he was rhetoric about side walls when I bought the tyres from him). Can seniors please suggest me whether this is true that side walls are not part of warranty or can I claim something from the company directly?

Please help!
Attached Thumbnails
Yokohama A-Drive Reviews-yokohama-adrive.jpg  

Yokohama A-Drive Reviews-yoko.jpg  

Yokohama A-Drive Reviews-yyyy.jpg  

Old 19th June 2014, 14:32   #619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotiyaa View Post
I know this would look a little strange to people who love A-drives (and so did I until), but you have to look at the pictures to believe it.

One of the tyre burst-off on Delhi-Jaipur highway but thankfully I survived. This tyre is 11 months used, mfr. in 2013 and was kept in good care.

!
First up - good to know you survived the burst.

I am one of those who are not completely satisfied with the A drives due to their road noise, else they are pretty decent.

Unless it is explicitly called out in the warranty that side walls are not covered, I do not see a reason why it should be denied. Forget the dealer and deal with the company directly.

The tyre gurus may be able to offer more insights.
dass is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2014, 15:20   #620
BHPian

Did you hit an object or major road undulation at high speeds ?
Looks like an external injury, also in your 2nd pic the balancing weight seems to have fallen off upon impact. Just a speculation, please don't assume I'm being judgmental. If it was you driving, only you'd know exactly what transpired.
Old 24th June 2014, 09:41   #621
BHPian

Yokohama A-Drive Reviews

Dear BHPians

My Yoko A Drive has served me reasonably well. And it is close to 50k kms and I would like to go in for a replacement of these and it needs to be better on the following parameters (175/70 R13 - doubt ZLO is available in this size)

My preferences would be

1. Comfort - A drives were good but I would still like to go in for a tyre which is one up on comfort - So I guess it would be toss between XM2 and ZLO
2. Noise - I hate the tyre noise from Yoko A Drive. During the initial days the noise did exist but as more kms's were logged on the tyre noise increased and has reached the realms of not being tolerable. Hence low tyre noise is definitely a must
3. Durability - I can easily drive another 10+k on the A drive but will replace them soon as I have passed 50k on them. I am fine if the new tyre lasts only 40k

Hope to find the one that will satisfy my needs as I am not going to go with A drive anymore !!

Pls. help

Cheers
Old 24th June 2014, 11:20   #622
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
Dear BHPians

My Yoko A Drive has served me reasonably well. And it is close to 50k kms and I would like to go in for a replacement of these and it needs to be better on the following parameters (175/70 R13 - doubt ZLO is available in this size)

My preferences would be

1. Comfort - A drives were good but I would still like to go in for a tyre which is one up on comfort - So I guess it would be toss between XM2 and ZLO
2. Noise - I hate the tyre noise from Yoko A Drive. During the initial days the noise did exist but as more kms's were logged on the tyre noise increased and has reached the realms of not being tolerable. Hence low tyre noise is definitely a must
3. Durability - I can easily drive another 10+k on the A drive but will replace them soon as I have passed 50k on them. I am fine if the new tyre lasts only 40k

Hope to find the one that will satisfy my needs as I am not going to go with A drive anymore !!

Pls. help

Cheers
Hi Sateesh,

ZLO isnt available in that size.

If you want better comfort, your only option is to try the XM2. They are very silent as well.

they should last you around 40k kms easily without major issues. If you take good care of them (like I know you do!) you will get 50k kms.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2014, 11:48   #623
BHPian

After much breaking the head and in the end breaking my heart I migrated to Bridgestone. Reason :- Buying a made in Philippines Yokohoma tyre for 4.3 K sounds a bad buy. The tyre manufacturing date of the Yoko on sale was September 2013 !.Bye Bye Yoko Welcome Stone!
Old 30th June 2014, 00:12   #624

Quote:
Originally Posted by commonman View Post
After much breaking the head and in the end breaking my heart I migrated to Bridgestone. Reason :- Buying a made in Philippines Yokohoma tyre for 4.3 K sounds a bad buy. The tyre manufacturing date of the Yoko on sale was September 2013 !.Bye Bye Yoko Welcome Stone!

I just realized that my Yoko has manufacturing date of 0813, while I bought them in July '13!! Does that mean these are not genuine?
Old 30th June 2014, 01:48   #625
BHPian

Team,

Thanks for your valuable suggestions. I replaced 2 worn out tires with the same Yok A Drive 180/70 R14 from a multibranded tire shop in South Delhi (GK).

I paid 8000 in total for 2 tires.
Old 3rd July 2014, 16:27   #626
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotiyaa View Post
I just realized that my Yoko has manufacturing date of 0813, while I bought them in July '13!! Does that mean these are not genuine?
These are genuine but the manufacturing date of the tyre is in the month of February 2013. It was manufactured 4-5 months before.

It should not be a problem at all, not to worry
Old 19th July 2014, 22:08   #627
BHPian

Replaced all 4 OE Stock, Good Year 170/70R13 tyres, with new YOKOHAMA A.Drive 170/30R13, on my Hyundai Getz 1.3 GLS. The manufacturing year was 2014.

The Good Year tyres served very well and lasted me around 7 years and 4 months. They had done 52K in this time. No issues with the Good Year in all these years.
Only a few punctures when nails would get in, as I was driving around in construction areas.

The other brands the SA showed me were, Michelin XM2, Continental CC5 and Falken. He was insisting for me to consider either, Continental or Falken brands. However, since I had my mind already set on the YOKOHAMA, the decision was easy.

The YOKOHAMA A.Drive feels soft and in general nice to drive. When going over pot holes or speed bumps, they surely feel cushioned.
Old 15th September 2014, 19:05   #628
mo1
BHPian

Yesterday (14-Sep-14) replaced the stock JK Tornadoes(run 25K km) with Yokohama A drives. They are made in April-14 (YYYY1414).
Upgraded stock size of 165/80R14 to 185/70R14, from N. Mehta tyres, Tilak Road, Pune for Rs. 16K total cost.
4100 per tyre including wheel balancing and alignment plus nitrogen. He paid Rs. 100 per old tyre. Good deal I guess.
Not driven a lot after the change but it feels better. Will update after a long drive.

Last edited by mo1 : 15th September 2014 at 19:08.
Old 7th October 2014, 13:33   #629
Senior - BHPian

Cross posting from the "Punctures in tubeless tyres" thread hoping for some answers.

How many punctures can a tubeless tyre take before it is considered unsafe for use. One particular tyre of my A-drive has had 3 so far, off which only one was due to a nail, one was so minute that tyre shop was not sure if there was a puncture, but the tyre was loosing air regularly and the most recent one, again no nail, but there was substantial air loss and this was more easier to find. I am now beginning to wonder how much longer to use this particular tyre. Experts, please advise.
Old 7th October 2014, 14:00   #630
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
How many punctures can a tubeless tyre take before it is considered unsafe for use. One particular tyre of my A-drive has had 3 so far, off which only one was due to a nail, one was so minute that tyre shop was not sure if there was a puncture, but the tyre was loosing air regularly and the most recent one, again no nail, but there was substantial air loss and this was more easier to find. I am now beginning to wonder how much longer to use this particular tyre. Experts, please advise.
I don't think one can put any number to this. As long as the damage does not rip apart the tyre wall significantly and render it unrepairable - a modern tubeless tyre can be used.

I had used A-Drives in my Verna, and had a total of 28 punctures (all 4 combined)! But they soldiered on till 40K, at which point I changed them due to tread wear.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks