Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2018, 19:05   #661
Senior - BHPian

Not sure where to post this question so mods if this is not the correct thread then request you to move it to rightone.

I am booking W11AT xuv which comes with 18" alloys. Now my personal choice is negative offset alloys. So wanted to know is it safe and feasible to put spacers in order to pop those oem alloys out a bit? Or it would be better to exchange them with aftermarket ones?
Old 17th May 2018, 19:40   #662
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Punto : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Not sure where to post this question so mods if this is not the correct thread then request you to move it to rightone.

I am booking W11AT xuv which comes with 18" alloys. Now my personal choice is negative offset alloys. So wanted to know is it safe and feasible to put spacers in order to pop those oem alloys out a bit? Or it would be better to exchange them with aftermarket ones?
The right thread to post your query is

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...de-thread.html.
Old 17th May 2018, 21:16   #663
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
The right thread to post your query is

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...de-thread.html.
Well even that thread is not that relevant as its not bout xuv but more bout negative offset alloys vs zero offset ones. Any other thread you can think of? Thanks
Old 14th June 2018, 14:52   #664
BHPian

Just upgraded my 2010 Punto Emotion's shoes to Michelin XM2 185/70 R14. It came with Bridgestone B250 175/70 R14s, had done 40k in 8 years, with multiple punctures starting after 25k mark.
arun687 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2018, 10:17   #665

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun687 View Post
Just upgraded my 2010 Punto Emotion's shoes to Michelin XM2 185/70 R14. It came with Bridgestone B250 175/70 R14s, had done 40k in 8 years, with multiple punctures starting after 25k mark.
Good to know Arun, I believe Michelin is best, But little expensive, anyway that covers with the long life of tires,

I have replaced Front 2 Tires with Appollo 185/65 R14 at cost of Rs.6500, I am Happy with its Performance & 2 Year Warranty, He claims life of tires 60K, But no official warranty on it
Old 20th August 2018, 12:35   #666
BHPian

Need help! On a recent trip, my Punto's front right wheel tyre (Conti MC5) got punctured and I lost all the air - was completely flat! Upon inspection, found out there was one small puncture on the surface, and also a lot of air coming out of the side wall beading. The tyre guy told since the air leakage is coming out of the beading area, nothing can be done and advised me to get a new tyre.

So, can the beading be repaired? Would it be safe? Or should I just buy a new Conti MC5?

Also, if anyone is selling Grande Punto alloy wheel (15-inch), please let me know. I'd like to buy one and keep it as the spare (instead of restricting myself to 80kmph on the 14-inch spare).

Appreciate your thoughts and pointers. Thanks much!
Old 27th August 2018, 13:45   #667

Check for tyre Warranty, as Manufacturing issues will be covered under warranty, If its out of warranty then no option, you have to replace tyre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigatech2006 View Post
Need help! On a recent trip, my Punto's front right wheel tyre (Conti MC5) got punctured and I lost all the air - was completely flat! Upon inspection, found out there was one small puncture on the surface, and also a lot of air coming out of the side wall beading. The tyre guy told since the air leakage is coming out of the beading area, nothing can be done and advised me to get a new tyre.

So, can the beading be repaired? Would it be safe? Or should I just buy a new Conti MC5?

Also, if anyone is selling Grande Punto alloy wheel (15-inch), please let me know. I'd like to buy one and keep it as the spare (instead of restricting myself to 80kmph on the 14-inch spare).

Appreciate your thoughts and pointers. Thanks much!
Santoshg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2018, 14:27   #668
BHPian

A sidewall puncture can be repaired but I would also recommend getting a new tyre. Punto is a confident car, don't bog it down!
Waspune is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2018, 12:40   #669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
A sidewall puncture can be repaired but I would also recommend getting a new tyre. Punto is a confident car, don't bog it down!

I checked at the local tyre shop- it's not a puncture. There was air leakage from the rear side of the wheel where the tyre meets the rim. The tyre was taken out, rim cleaned and checked. For now, the leakage isn't visible. But need to check tomorrow for any difference in pressure, compared to the rest of the wheels.

Hopefully, this should be good -- if not, there goes another 6k for a new tyre :(
Old 10th December 2018, 19:19   #670
BHPian

I have a Punto Emotion 90hp bought in 2016 August and did 18500 aprox.

Drove to Goa (from Hyderabad) last week and on return, just 40 km from home I realized that the car was wobbling a bit and found the right from tire flat. Fortunately found a repairwala and got it checked and to my dismay it was a side wall tear and so he said it could not be repaired. Anyway it already had two punctures so I decided to change it.

After reading the relevant topics here, I am planning to :
- Replace both front tires with new ones with OEM size
- Prefer Michelin/yoko for better performance.

Questions:
-If I replace the front two with superior tires performance will be bogged down by the old and inferior rear OEM tires? is it worth it? Or should I go with regular stuff and go for all four changed to superior ones later?

- Any recommendations on a good retailer in Hyderabad/Secunderabad?

- If I sell the existing good front tire to the tire shop, how much can I expect (just approx. figure)?
Old 13th December 2018, 16:12   #671
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKavuri View Post
-If I replace the front two with superior tires performance will be bogged down by the old and inferior rear OEM tires? is it worth it?
I wouldnt recommend doing this at all. Also why are you looking at replacing 2 tires? Just replace the one that is damaged with the same make and model. It will be your most cost effective option.

Quote:
Or should I go with regular stuff and go for all four changed to superior ones later?
Depending on your usage, you should take a call on whether you need better tires when your current tires start wearing out / get old, whichever comes first. The Punto really benefits from a better pair of tires, I replaced the 26K kms run JK tires on my Punto 1.2 with Yokohama A drives and the difference was quite a lot!

Quote:
- If I sell the existing good front tire to the tire shop, how much can I expect (just approx. figure)?
You might get a couple of hundred bucks at most.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2019, 20:44   #672
J.r

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
Thanks. I read your advice while waiting in the tyre dealership this evening! By that time I have already placed order for Falken Sincera. The 3ST R15 size was not available with them today - that's what they said. My other choice was Pirelli, but in the end, Falken won the race.

Approx 23K, incl WA, WB and N2. 2 years unconditional + 2 years limited warranty. Drove 32 kms, and these are very silent compared to the Goodyears.
Hi Sandeep, may I know what is your feedback on the Falken Sincera as I was planning on changing tyres of my Punto evo. I was confused between MC5 and Sn835. I had Falkens in my previous i10 and it's was a good tyre.

Thanks
Old 24th April 2019, 12:32   #673
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.r View Post
Hi Sandeep, may I know what is your feedback on the Falken Sincera as I was planning on changing tyres.

Thanks
Unfortunately, the car is not with me anymore. Exchanged her for a Ford EcoSport, but I can provide a feedback for slightly over 10K kms.

The tyres were not as silent as Michelin but a lot more silent than OE Goodyear. Braking and wet traction were excellent, having driven through the forgettable August 2018 rains. In fact, Falken is better than the OE Goodyear Assurance tyres I have with the EcoSport, in all the above.

Highly recommended (on the basis of the 10K disclaimer).
sandeepmdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2019, 13:22   #674
BHPian

Hello,

I have a punto abarth 2015 make which runs on 195/55/16. Iam looking to upsize my ride to 205 profile. Which one is the right upsize, 205/55/16 or 205/50/16?

Thanks
highwaypatrol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2019, 20:30   #675
BHPian

After approx. 55k kms in 2.5 years, my Punto Evo's Conti MC5's (Size: 195/60/R15) will be up for replacement in a month's time. I have managed to get hold of a set of 4 Linea alloys (16 inch, used, the turbine blade design). The alloys are 6.5J wide as opposed to 6J Linea steel rims the Punto was running on so far.

Inputs from the tyre gurus on the forum, regarding any specific pointers that need to be taken care of would be welcome. Thanks in advance!

The car is 106k kms & 4.2 years old now BTW.
gollabhat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks