Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2018, 19:05   #661
Senior - BHPian
 
nitinralli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,368
Thanked: 820 Times
Default

Not sure where to post this question so mods if this is not the correct thread then request you to move it to rightone.

I am booking W11AT xuv which comes with 18" alloys. Now my personal choice is negative offset alloys. So wanted to know is it safe and feasible to put spacers in order to pop those oem alloys out a bit? Or it would be better to exchange them with aftermarket ones?
nitinralli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2018, 19:40   #662
Senior - BHPian
 
ghodlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 5,276
Thanked: 2,546 Times
Smile Re: Fiat Punto : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Not sure where to post this question so mods if this is not the correct thread then request you to move it to rightone.

I am booking W11AT xuv which comes with 18" alloys. Now my personal choice is negative offset alloys. So wanted to know is it safe and feasible to put spacers in order to pop those oem alloys out a bit? Or it would be better to exchange them with aftermarket ones?
The right thread to post your query is

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...de-thread.html.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2018, 21:16   #663
Senior - BHPian
 
nitinralli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,368
Thanked: 820 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
The right thread to post your query is

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...de-thread.html.
Well even that thread is not that relevant as its not bout xuv but more bout negative offset alloys vs zero offset ones. Any other thread you can think of? Thanks
nitinralli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2018, 14:52   #664
BHPian
 
arun687's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 77
Thanked: 33 Times
Default Re: Fiat Punto : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Just upgraded my 2010 Punto Emotion's shoes to Michelin XM2 185/70 R14. It came with Bridgestone B250 175/70 R14s, had done 40k in 8 years, with multiple punctures starting after 25k mark.
arun687 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2018, 10:17   #665
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 10
Thanked: Once
Default Re: Fiat Punto : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun687 View Post
Just upgraded my 2010 Punto Emotion's shoes to Michelin XM2 185/70 R14. It came with Bridgestone B250 175/70 R14s, had done 40k in 8 years, with multiple punctures starting after 25k mark.
Good to know Arun, I believe Michelin is best, But little expensive, anyway that covers with the long life of tires,

I have replaced Front 2 Tires with Appollo 185/65 R14 at cost of Rs.6500, I am Happy with its Performance & 2 Year Warranty, He claims life of tires 60K, But no official warranty on it
Santoshg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2018, 12:35   #666
BHPian
 
gigatech2006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 110
Thanked: 22 Times
Default Re: Fiat Punto : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Need help! On a recent trip, my Punto's front right wheel tyre (Conti MC5) got punctured and I lost all the air - was completely flat! Upon inspection, found out there was one small puncture on the surface, and also a lot of air coming out of the side wall beading. The tyre guy told since the air leakage is coming out of the beading area, nothing can be done and advised me to get a new tyre.



So, can the beading be repaired? Would it be safe? Or should I just buy a new Conti MC5?



Also, if anyone is selling Grande Punto alloy wheel (15-inch), please let me know. I'd like to buy one and keep it as the spare (instead of restricting myself to 80kmph on the 14-inch spare).



Appreciate your thoughts and pointers. Thanks much!
gigatech2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2018, 13:45   #667
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 10
Thanked: Once
Default Re: Fiat Punto : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Check for tyre Warranty, as Manufacturing issues will be covered under warranty, If its out of warranty then no option, you have to replace tyre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigatech2006 View Post
Need help! On a recent trip, my Punto's front right wheel tyre (Conti MC5) got punctured and I lost all the air - was completely flat! Upon inspection, found out there was one small puncture on the surface, and also a lot of air coming out of the side wall beading. The tyre guy told since the air leakage is coming out of the beading area, nothing can be done and advised me to get a new tyre.



So, can the beading be repaired? Would it be safe? Or should I just buy a new Conti MC5?



Also, if anyone is selling Grande Punto alloy wheel (15-inch), please let me know. I'd like to buy one and keep it as the spare (instead of restricting myself to 80kmph on the 14-inch spare).



Appreciate your thoughts and pointers. Thanks much!
Santoshg is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2018, 14:27   #668
BHPian
 
Waspune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 464
Thanked: 529 Times
Default

A sidewall puncture can be repaired but I would also recommend getting a new tyre. Punto is a confident car, don't bog it down!
Waspune is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2018, 12:40   #669
BHPian
 
gigatech2006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 110
Thanked: 22 Times
Default Re: Fiat Punto : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
A sidewall puncture can be repaired but I would also recommend getting a new tyre. Punto is a confident car, don't bog it down!

I checked at the local tyre shop- it's not a puncture. There was air leakage from the rear side of the wheel where the tyre meets the rim. The tyre was taken out, rim cleaned and checked. For now, the leakage isn't visible. But need to check tomorrow for any difference in pressure, compared to the rest of the wheels.


Hopefully, this should be good -- if not, there goes another 6k for a new tyre :(
gigatech2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
4th gen. Honda City : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread Screwdriva Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 373 10th November 2018 13:22
Fiat Linea : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread vancity Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 238 27th October 2018 19:26
Hyundai Grand i10 & Xcent : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread jkdas Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 18 8th July 2018 21:32
Toyota Etios & Liva : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread nkrishnap Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 60 8th May 2017 09:17
Fiat Palio : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread shahmotors Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 637 26th March 2017 12:56


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:01.

Copyright 2000 - 2018, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks