Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2016, 12:10   #616
BHPian

Re: Fiat Punto : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

2 out of my 4 Apollo Accelere's have uneven wear due to my negligence in the first year of ownership. As a result, I have unsettled and bumpy ride. I have gone through all Michelin Pimacy 3 St 195/60 R15 reviews especially for Fiat punto.

I have inquired dealers from JC road to Whitefield, prices were varying from 5800 to 6400 per tyre, some have decent facilities for wheel alignment and balancing and some don't. My question is really about price! what's the best price you guys've got? Tyre empire was the highest in price & Sri Tirumala Tyres were the lowest, can you guys also suggest me preferred dealer?
Old 11th March 2016, 14:38   #617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90Horses View Post
can you guys also suggest me preferred dealer?
Try Tyre professionals. They are located on Kanakpura road (close to lalbagh west gate). I have recently bought yoko earth tyres for mine as well as my friend's car and got a pretty good deal.

Team bhp link : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...bangalore.html.
Old 13th March 2016, 13:09   #618

So after 2 and half years and 55 kilometers on odo, I need to change stock shoes of my Punto 90hp. I'll stick to stock 195 profile but I'm little confused between michellin's energy xm2 and primacy 3st. Can you guys please shed some light on the difference between these 2 tyres? thanks!
Old 17th March 2016, 20:56   #619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90Horses View Post
2 out of my 4 Apollo Accelere's have uneven wear due to my negligence in the first year of ownership. As a result, I have unsettled and bumpy ride. I have gone through all Michelin Pimacy 3 St 195/60 R15 reviews especially for Fiat punto.

I have inquired dealers from JC road to Whitefield, prices were varying from 5800 to 6400 per tyre, some have decent facilities for wheel alignment and balancing and some don't. My question is really about price! what's the best price you guys've got? Tyre empire was the highest in price & Sri Tirumala Tyres were the lowest, can you guys also suggest me preferred dealer?
Thank you guys for the suggestions! I will take it from there!

I am noticing a reduced pickup and car was decelerating faster that before, is it could be because of tyres? Please comment.

Last edited by 90Horses : 17th March 2016 at 20:56. Reason: correction
Old 20th December 2016, 20:20   #620
Senior - BHPian

The time to change the tyres on my Punto is nearing. The car has 41.5k kms on the odo and the Acceleres are showing the sign of wear. I will keeping the original profile of 195/60 R15 and the options shortlisted till now are:
1) Michelin P3ST - costing 5889 per tyre
2) Michelin XM2+ - costing 5689 per tyre
3) Yokohama Earth 1 - costing 5000 per tyre
4) Falken Sincere SN835 - costing 4900 per tyre.
5) Apollo Alnac 4g - havent got the price as yet

Which amongst the above should be the right choice? How is Yokohama AVS Db series, are they worth paying an extra 1K above the Earth 1? There is also a latest Falken Sincera SN 845 available which again is 500 rs more costlier than 835 series.

The above prices are from the authorized dealers as seen on the official tyre websites.
Old 20th December 2016, 23:27   #621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
The time to change the tyres on my Punto is nearing. The car has 41.5k kms on the odo and the Acceleres are showing the sign of wear. I will keeping the original profile of 195/60 R15 and the options shortlisted till now are:

Which amongst the above should be the right choice? How is Yokohama AVS Db series, are they worth paying an extra 1K above the Earth 1? There is also a latest Falken Sincera SN 845 available which again is 500 rs more costlier than 835 series.

The above prices are from the authorized dealers as seen on the official tyre websites.
AVS DB are super silent till about 5000 kms, then similar to earth 1. Earth 1 is a more balanced tire. Not worth the extra.

Have been using the sincera on my Corolla, they are good daily tires IMO.
devilwearsprada is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2016, 10:13   #622
h14
BHPian

Quote:
Which amongst the above should be the right choice?
If you have the budget, then P3ST with eyes closed! On the pricing front, dealers should be able to provide at a lesser cost than listed on the website.

And the Alnac4G is a good tyre too. The earth1 loses its characteristics over the 30-35k mark itself. The Alnac4G I have hardly used for a few thousand kilometers, so can't comment.
h14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2016, 10:58   #623
tud
BHPian

Quote:

I replaced the stock Good Years on my Punto. I was contemplating between P3ST and MC5. Finally choose P3ST - mainly for the supposedly longer life compared to the MC5. The new tires don't inspire confidence while making turns in high speeds. The diesel average within the city has improved by about 1-2 kmpl. And highway average touched 22 kmpl.
tud is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2016, 12:47   #624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h14 View Post
The earth1 loses its characteristics over the 30-35k mark itself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tud View Post
The new tires don't inspire confidence while making turns in high speeds. The diesel average within the city has improved by about 1-2 kmpl. And highway average touched 22 kmpl.
I was intending to zero in on the Earth 1 and P3ST but the above comments have made re think. I was told the Earth 1 easily do 50K kms whereas Michelins do the same but at a higher cost.

My main requirement would be wet and dry grip and seriously low tyre noise. Please note that I am going to change from Apollo Acceleres and they are the noisiest.
Old 21st December 2016, 13:47   #625
tud
BHPian

Quote:
My main requirement would be wet and dry grip and seriously low tyre noise. Please note that I am going to change from Apollo Acceleres and they are the noisiest.
Roadgrip does take a hit with P3ST when compared to the Good Year tires that came stock with my car. It doesn't seem different when driving under controlled speeds (<60 km/hr) in the city and even 110 km/hr on highways was stable. It is while making the turns - especially the big turns on empty roads where you always pushed the throttle - it does shake you up a bit, forcing to slow down.
Old 21st December 2016, 14:01   #626
h14
BHPian

Quote:
I was intending to zero in on the Earth 1 and P3ST but the above comments have made re think. I was told the Earth 1 easily do 50K kms whereas Michelins do the same but at a higher cost.

Since low noise is the prime requirement, then P3ST it is. It does lose out on grip factor, but that's not for every day driving conditions.

Earth1 will become noisy post 15k mark. It can do 50k kms, but trust me it becomes rock hard and you will start doubting your suspension. I'm now running on UltraMile and the difference is positively obvious from the Earth1!

If you are on a tight budget try Alnac4G instead of Earth1. Else P3ST will make you happy. Initial few kilometers on P3ST you might feel let down on grip levels, but once a little used to it, you will only be happy for what it offers.
Old 21st December 2016, 14:38   #627
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tud View Post
Roadgrip does take a hit with P3ST when compared to the Good Year tires that came stock with my car.
Quote:
Since low noise is the prime requirement, then P3ST it is. It does lose out on grip factor, but that's not for every day driving conditions.

Earth1 will become noisy post 15k mark. It can do 50k kms, but trust me it becomes rock hard and you will start doubting your suspension. I'm now running on UltraMile and the difference is positively obvious from the Earth1!

If you are on a tight budget try Alnac4G instead of Earth1
The tyres are going to be used for the daily office runs in the city coupled with a quarterly trips on highways. If the statements made by you guys are a reality then I would be thinking of getting the Acceleres back. Though they are the noisiest but grip wise and handling wise, I had never had any issues. I have kept a budget of 20k in case I opt for Earth 1 or 24K in case I really want to go for the Michelins.

The dedicated thread for Yoko Earth1 and Michelin P3ST have only good reviews by owners maybe for profiles different than mine.

Alnac 4G are still in the leagues of Yokos from budget point, will go through the dedicated thread on the forum to get more insights.

Thanks guys for all your inputs.
Old 21st December 2016, 14:53   #628
Senior - BHPian

I am on my second set of P3STs in my Punto 90, with OE size, 195/60 R15.

Positives for P3ST
  • Most Comfortable
  • Long life (Previous set had done 55k kms, I could have run them for 15-20k more but changed them due to an incident)
  • Totally noiseless
  • Good Grip

Because of the above positives, your wheel alignment also stays intact longer as the tyre soaks up most of the irregularities of the road.

Only negative is that you lose some fun out of the handling as the sidewall flexes a bit when driving spiritedly, or doing fast lane changes. Even this can be countered to an extent by maintaining 2 psi more than what you would in other hard tyres.
DRIV3R is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2016, 14:56   #629
BHPian

Quote:
If you have the budget, then P3ST with eyes closed! On the pricing front, dealers should be able to provide at a lesser cost than listed on the website.

And the Alnac4G is a good tyre too. The earth1 loses its characteristics over the 30-35k mark itself. The Alnac4G I have hardly used for a few thousand kilometers, so can't comment.
Just curious to know more about your comment on the Earth 1 tyres. How old were the tyres around the 30-35k mark; and what characteristics did they lose?

The reason for me asking these questions is because I recently changed the tires on my Punto to Earth 1, and I am extremely happy with them

Quote:

From what I know, the main difference between the Yokohamas and Michelins is the sidewall strength, and softness of the tyre compound.

The Earth 1 tyres are more suited for Indian road conditions, as they have good sidewall strength, and the tyre compound is harder for better resistance to punctures. Due to the harder compound, I believe they will get noisier quicker than the Michelins would, but that's a trade off for more peace of mind while taking the car through different road conditions.

I found the Earth 1s much quieter than the Bridgestone B250s that were on my car earlier, both the dry and wet grip very good, and the braking more confidence inspiring.
One irritating thing with the Earth 1 tyres, is that they easily pick up small stones/pebbles in the tread.

Cheers
Joxster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2016, 15:11   #630
h14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joxster View Post
Just curious to know more about your comment on the Earth 1 tyres. How old were the tyres around the 30-35k mark; and what characteristics did they lose?

The reason for me asking these questions is because I recently changed the tires on my Punto to Earth 1, and I am extremely happy with them
Noise was increasing and the ride quality was deteriorating. All along I was suspecting my suspension for the bad ride. I changed them around the 50k mark and on the new tyres the good old ride quality was back and the noise experiences over pot-holes and speed breakers were gone too. Do check my ownership log for more on this

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks