Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2016, 19:26   #601
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Punto : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsfreak View Post
I went for Michelin XM2. Happy with my decision so far (driven around 5000 kms).
Wow, that is a scary fast response
I've checked with a couple of shops here in Mumbai, but they did not have XM2. One guy recommended the Falken Sincera. And the reviews look decent for them.
Old 13th January 2016, 08:20   #602
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Wow, that is a scary fast response
I've checked with a couple of shops here in Mumbai, but they did not have XM2. One guy recommended the Falken Sincera. And the reviews look decent for them.
You can get the Michelin XM2 from Premji's Tyre Plus. They are authorized dealers for Michelin. I would suggest to opt for Michelin PCLC. They are the best fit for 15" rims, I doubt if you would get XM2 for 15" rims.

Check out this link.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai...ne-mumbai.html
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2016, 09:42   #603
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
You can get the Michelin XM2 from Premji's Tyre Plus. They are authorized dealers for Michelin. I would suggest to opt for Michelin PCLC. They are the best fit for 15" rims, I doubt if you would get XM2 for 15" rims.
Thanks ghodlur, will give them a call today.

Regards,
Old 13th January 2016, 10:08   #604
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Hello guys,
My 2015 Punto Emotion is due for as tire change. Which tyres did you go with?
I am thinking of getting Earth 1 in stock size (195/60 R15).

Regards
I changed to the Continental MC5 recently. Details are in this post

Quite happy with the decision so far, driven about 10K on it.
sdp1975 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2016, 18:21   #605
BHPian

I own a may 2015 Punto Evo Emotion 75hp MJD. The stock tires which came with the car were Goodyear Duraplus. To be true, i were never satisfied from them since day one. I had driven 8.5k kms on them with 7 punctures suggered in between and two sidewall tears on the both rear tires. I was fed up and finally upgraded to Michelin Primacy 3ST day before yesterday. The size remains the same as stock.

Let me tell you that there is a world of difference between the goodyears and Michelins.

+Pros

1. Absolutely Silent. There is absolutely no road noise. I can hear some rattles in the car

2. It just grips and grips

3. Brilliant ride quality and absorbs bad roads like anything.

-Cons

1. Sidewall issue - i have heard about it but i am a sedate driver therefore i guess i can manage it.

Overall, it was a brilliant move shifting to Primacy's. Earlier i was thinking of shifting to XM2's but i am already running them on my i10 so thought of trying the Primacy 3ST. I cannot be more happy.

Last edited by aditya.bhardwaj : 18th January 2016 at 18:22.
Old 21st January 2016, 17:35   #606
Senior - BHPian

My 2010 Grande Punto Emotion PK is due for new set of shoes.
After going through numerous posts/reviews on various tyres, I'm even more confused as to which one to go for.

I'm going in for stock size i.e. 195/60/R15. Currently on stock Goodyear GT3's which I feel are just about average in all aspects.

What I'm looking for in the new set is:
  • Low noise
  • Comfort
  • Durable Rubber. I measure durability in "Years" and not in "KM's"
  • Stiffer sidewall

I was thinking of going in for MICHELIN Primacy 3 ST, checked with Darshan Tyres here in Pune and the deal is Rs. 5700/- per tire + 2% extra if I pay by CC. This includes wheel alignment.

I have 2 more weeks, so will wait for your suggestions and expert comments.
Old 28th January 2016, 16:42   #607
BHPian

Hi Guys,

So after 3 years of wait I finally decided to upgrade wheels and tyres on my 2012 Punto 1.3MJD Dynamic. I had always planned for upgrade and have upgraded from 14" to 16" (+2). The wheels I liked were MOMO Revenge in Matt Anthracite which in person looks even more beautiful. The upgrade process was smooth, I visited Hercules Shop in Sheshadripuram area in Bangalore and they were very approachable and offered me a good deal.

I will follow up with few pictures and details of the process in coming days as I have not got enough time with the car.

Meanwhile I would like to know how is the performance of the car with 205-50/R16 tryes on 75HP version of the car. The reason I ask is, almost immediately after changing the wheels from stock to upsize wheels the car feels little less eager. I know wide tryes increase surface resistance but these sets feels like something is wrong with the wheels. (Forgot to mention the shop also did Wheel alignment and balancing before I drove it). Please let me know if upsizing to 195 section was better than 205.
Old 28th January 2016, 17:32   #608
h14
BHPian

205 will certainly lead to such feel on the 75hp. I installed 195/65/14 on my Palio 1.3MJD and felt the same way as you do now. Used them for 10k kms and was extremely unhappy and then switched back to 185 and car was back to the original state!

I think 195 would be best bet for you if you are expecting it to be as peppy as it was.
h14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 11:00   #609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu.bramha View Post
Hi Guys,

So after 3 years of wait I finally decided to upgrade wheels and tyres on my 2012 Punto 1.3MJD Dynamic. I had always planned for upgrade and have upgraded from 14" to 16" (+2). The wheels I liked were MOMO Revenge in Matt Anthracite which in person looks even more beautiful. The upgrade process was smooth, I visited Hercules Shop in Sheshadripuram area in Bangalore and they were very approachable and offered me a good deal.

I will follow up with few pictures and details of the process in coming days as I have not got enough time with the car.

Meanwhile I would like to know how is the performance of the car with 205-50/R16 tryes on 75HP version of the car. The reason I ask is, almost immediately after changing the wheels from stock to upsize wheels the car feels little less eager. I know wide tryes increase surface resistance but these sets feels like something is wrong with the wheels. (Forgot to mention the shop also did Wheel alignment and balancing before I drove it). Please let me know if upsizing to 195 section was better than 205.
I feel you should have stuck to the 195 size. 205's is bit of a overkill for the Punto 75 hp. 195/55 R16 makes a better choice. Do post pics of the alloys and the car. Happy drving
CarMaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2016, 03:10   #610
BHPian

Guys,

I drive a Punto 90hp 2013 model. I wanted to upgrade the current tyres. Currently we run on 195/60R15 Appolo Accelere (the stock). The car and tires at 26K currently.
My driving patterns are 75% highway(good roads) and 25% City( Bengaluru, not the best roads)
The issues which I would like to change the tires are
1) Road Noise is a bit too much for the highway runs due to that I feel the speed masking capacity is getting compromised ==> A little less confident on speeds north of 130kmph
2) Punctures start to creep up now in the last year( including a sidewall rupture at 80KMPH).

What I would love to have are
1) Better Handling
2) Lesser Road Noise
3) A bit more comfort for the longer runs.

I was thinking of upsizing the tyre to 205 section for a better handling and braking ( Visual appeal too) with R15.

The tyres which I am zooming in on are
1) Michelin Energy XM2 (205/60R15 91 V or 205/65R15 94 V)
2) Yokohoma AVS DB (205/60R15 95 V or 205/65 R15 99 V)

Would have checked Michelin Primacy 3ST as well, but 205 seems to be starting from R16

Guys , please give me some pointers on choosing one(open to any tyres which mach my criteria)
Old 7th February 2016, 20:45   #611
Senior - BHPian

Finally I took the plunge and got my Grande Punto EPK's stock Goodyear GT3's replaced by Michelin Primacy 3ST

It's too early to comment on how good/bad Michelin Primacy 3ST's are however I noticed following during the very first short drive after replacement.
  • Steering wheel felt light. I was used to the heavy feel of the steering wheel.
  • No road noise.
  • Comfortable.
  • Somehow I felt that they are lighter than GT3's
  • Overall they 'seem' to be much better than GT3's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHkrish View Post
I was thinking of upsizing the tyre to 205 section for a better handling and braking ( Visual appeal too) with R15.
IMPO up-sizing to 205 does not make any sense. With the kind of performance 90BHP engine delivers, 195/60/R15's are more than enough!

I suggest you go for better rubber instead of up-sizing.

Last edited by HammerHead : 7th February 2016 at 20:47.
Old 10th February 2016, 21:55   #612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
Finally I took the plunge and got my Grande Punto EPK's stock Goodyear GT3's replaced by Michelin Primacy 3ST

It's too early to comment on how good/bad Michelin Primacy 3ST's are however I noticed following during the very first short drive after replacement.
  • Steering wheel felt light. I was used to the heavy feel of the steering wheel.
  • No road noise.
  • Comfortable.
  • Somehow I felt that they are lighter than GT3's
  • Overall they 'seem' to be much better than GT3's.

IMPO up-sizing to 205 does not make any sense. With the kind of performance 90BHP engine delivers, 195/60/R15's are more than enough!

I suggest you go for better rubber instead of up-sizing.
Thanks Hammerhead for suggesting 3ST, I always wanted to see a bit more beefier tyres for the Punto.
In usual scenarios, I can sacrifice a bit of top speed and milage for a bit more breaking and better handling. If the tyre profile is 205 ( for a flatter profile tyre) and the rubber is of softer compound, it should ideally help a bit more in the handling and breaking right?.

Have anybody tried the Pirelli Cinturato P1 ?

Last edited by TheHkrish : 10th February 2016 at 21:56. Reason: Added another detail
Old 10th February 2016, 22:04   #613
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHkrish View Post
Thanks Hammerhead for suggesting 3ST, I always wanted to see a bit more beefier tyres for the Punto.
In usual scenarios, I can sacrifice a bit of top speed and milage for a bit more breaking and better handling. If the tyre profile is 205 ( for a flatter profile tyre) and the rubber is of softer compound, it should ideally help a bit more in the handling and breaking right?.
I'm no tyre expert however I did go through lot of stuff online to know few things which I wanted to know.

Sharing some of the links which may help you.
http://www.tuneruniversity.com/blog/...-size-matters/
http://www.tuneruniversity.com/blog/...t-people-down/
HammerHead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 12:24   #614
BHPian

Hi Experts,
I have a few queries on the Punto tire upgrade. I have got the stock tires GT3 195/60/R15's, it has been 6 years 3 months and around 29.5k on the odo. Mostly city driving in bangalore and occasional highways. Also have a spare tire which has never been used on the road till now. Had my share of flat tires twice till now on 2 separate tires and third recently close to the side wall of a front tire on a previous puncture.

1> How long do Good Year GT3 stock tires generally last. How many more kms.
2> Would it make sense to replace all four together or should I get only the front tire done, as it may have repeated punctures later.
3> Have never used the spare till now, can it be left as is. Its been 6 plus years thou or should I go for replacing that as well.

Any advice appreciated. Vehicle is due for service, should I get tires replaced at Vecto motors or else where to save some money. I see the suggestions for Michelin Primacy 3ST, could you please share the pricing and details where can we do it in Bangalore.

Thanks
Samsan02
Old 16th February 2016, 13:00   #615
Lij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post

1> How long do Good Year GT3 stock tires generally last. How many more kms.
2> Would it make sense to replace all four together or should I get only the front tire done, as it may have repeated punctures later.
3> Have never used the spare till now, can it be left as is. Its been 6 plus years thou or should I go for replacing that as well.

Thanks
Samsan02
Although not an expert I would suggest replacing all 4 tyres even though its run just about 30k kms because its been in use for over 6 years. Spare tyre might not require changing as long as you only intend to use it as a 'spare'.
Lij is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks