Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2010, 10:00   #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueyTND View Post
Can Any one let me know where in Mumbai can i possibly
POSSESS these FIAT LINEA's ALLOYs ?? and the one stop shop for having to pick the
Conti CPC2's 195/60 ???

Awaiting response ...
TND

Just checked the fiat india website. Alloys for linea and punto are available as accessories. Prices are also given.
Old 23rd March 2010, 11:30   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueyTND View Post
hey Furious ,

I am in your team , i m now spending sleepless nights hunting for Alloys and now i am really planned to fit the similar configs like yours . You are so Lucky to tame those Linea Alloys on those CpC2's ---PERFECTO!!!

Let us know more about the PCD stuff ..is it fit with the more challenging 98 ?? or 100 ?? how much was the buy back value for your Active's RIM + TYRES set of 5 ???
I m assuming your Italian is Hitting bad on those Hyd Chicks with those 15 inchers

****GRIN FACE , (If u know what i mean)****

Nothing Else matters , Enjoy the Car

FIAT PRIDE !!!
Thanks mate. All fiats have 98PCD, be it Palio, Punto or Linea. So thats the reason I picked up Linea's as they look hot, perfect fit and obviously I have a cooler look now. I dint sell my rims and jks. They are lying happily in my garage. Will swap them when I sell my car and will sell my alloys then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
I bought stock Punto alloys for 9k (Yes!! it's 9k for set of 4 wheels ).
Fitted them in Continental CPC2's 195/60-R15. CPC2 was Rs. 4050 per tire.

Pictures:
Nice! And that is a steal deal!!! Congrats on the buy!

How do you find the CPC2s? Its been like 10k+ kms on them and I could vouch for the grip on wet conditions but somehow am not really happy with them on dry roads.
Old 23rd March 2010, 12:05   #153
BHPian

Guys any idea how would punto look with out wheel caps (just bare black metal) along with fat rubber, pics please if any one got?
Old 23rd March 2010, 12:53   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind splitter View Post
Guys any idea how would punto look with out wheel caps (just bare black metal) along with fat rubber, pics please if any one got?
-----------------------------

ONLY ONE WORD ... "RIDICULOUS !!!" ( I just Visualized it )
Old 23rd March 2010, 17:36   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
Nice! And that is a steal deal!!! Congrats on the buy!

How do you find the CPC2s? Its been like 10k+ kms on them and I could vouch for the grip on wet conditions but somehow am not really happy with them on dry roads.
The car has only been driven for about 1500 kms so far and that too in city, so I cannot really comment about the performance.
Not tried them in dry conditions. I have done some spirited drives at night.
I find them better than A-Drives (195/60-R15, SAME SIZE) that i have on swift.
Grip level and road noise is better than A-Drives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind splitter View Post
This is how it will look:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1796180-post15.html

Last edited by SumitBahl : 23rd March 2010 at 17:39.
Old 25th March 2010, 10:51   #156
BHPian

Blank Space- after Changing Tyres

Hello
Members I own a Petrol punto Active which came with Jk Tornado's and I changed the same to Yokohama 195/60/14 on the Stock rims and now I have realised that there is a lot of GAP in between wheel base and the Tyre the tyre actually looks very small for the wheel Base, I have compared the same with the Emotion Variant which also has 14 inch wheels with 175 tyres but there is considerable difference between My cars GAP and the Emotion Stock Variant , I am worried now will this cause any Issues on the car , and why does this GAP appear on the wheel base.
Should I have gone for a 185/70/14, somebody please Help.
Old 25th March 2010, 22:18   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bopanna19 View Post
Hello
Members I own a Petrol punto Active which came with Jk Tornado's and I changed the same to Yokohama 195/60/14 on the Stock rims and now I have realised that there is a lot of GAP in between wheel base and the Tyre the tyre actually looks very small for the wheel Base, I have compared the same with the Emotion Variant which also has 14 inch wheels with 175 tyres but there is considerable difference between My cars GAP and the Emotion Stock Variant , I am worried now will this cause any Issues on the car , and why does this GAP appear on the wheel base.
Should I have gone for a 185/70/14, somebody please Help.
HI Bop's ,
Welcome to the forum

Mate you are the profile u went on the stock steel rim 14 inch is
a misfit , u shud have gone for 185/70/R14
The tyre that u currently have is compatible with a 15 inch tyre on a minimum 6J rim

Please Sr Members to correct me if i am wrong , Likewise
you can also PM Senior members in this section for helpful advise

Regards
TND
Old 26th March 2010, 13:12   #158
BHPian

Blank Space- after Changing Tyres

Hello
Torquey thanks for the advise could you please let me know as to how this will affect my Driveabilty other than the blank space issue, I have done about 800 kms on the tyre can I go ahead and change the same....
Please advise.
Old 27th March 2010, 14:18   #159
BHPian

Gap is because of the lower tyre profile.
Old 30th March 2010, 13:31   #160
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I have a GP Emotion Pack and want to change the stock alloys to Racing Spirit alloys. I wanted to know what all do I need to take into consideration before upgrading. The reason for upgrading is that I need meaner looking alloys and am also looking at tyre upsize.

I have currently done 4300k on my current tyres and the exchange rate that I have been quoted are as follows:
Alloys: 9000
Tyres: 8000 (for 4)

New alloys: 15000 (for 5)
Tyres (Bridgestone Potenze GIII or Yokohama Adrive): 3600 per tyre (14400)
hence the damages that I will have to bear 12500 in all.

Now I want to know if this deal is worth it.

Regardsm,
Kailash
Old 30th March 2010, 17:48   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Hi Guys,

I have a GP Emotion Pack and want to change the stock alloys to Racing Spirit alloys. I wanted to know what all do I need to take into consideration before upgrading. The reason for upgrading is that I need meaner looking alloys and am also looking at tyre upsize.

I have currently done 4300k on my current tyres and the exchange rate that I have been quoted are as follows:
Alloys: 9000
Tyres: 8000 (for 4)

New alloys: 15000 (for 5)
Tyres (Bridgestone Potenze GIII or Yokohama Adrive): 3600 per tyre (14400)
hence the damages that I will have to bear 12500 in all.

Now I want to know if this deal is worth it.

Regardsm,
Kailash
Hey the deal that you are getting on your tyres is pretty sweet, Alloys, if you have OE punto alloys and are so far in good condition (no scracthes and damanges) you get can a lot better. there are a lot of people who are dying to fecth factory alloys as a decent price as the showroom charges around 10K each wheel.

About the new alloys you have mentioned.. what alloys are you getting for that price. cos 15K for a set of 5 is a good price, also are they gonna be 98 PCD?
Old 30th March 2010, 22:32   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puzz View Post
Hey the deal that you are getting on your tyres is pretty sweet, Alloys, if you have OE punto alloys and are so far in good condition (no scracthes and damanges) you get can a lot better. there are a lot of people who are dying to fecth factory alloys as a decent price as the showroom charges around 10K each wheel.

About the new alloys you have mentioned.. what alloys are you getting for that price. cos 15K for a set of 5 is a good price, also are they gonna be 98 PCD?
hi

The alloys are from Racing Spirit and yes they are 98 PCD as required.

My alloys are scratchless and in very good condition. Thanks for the information and in any case then I will sell them in the open market based on your tip.

Regards,
Kailash
Old 31st March 2010, 13:29   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
hi

The alloys are from Racing Spirit and yes they are 98 PCD as required.

My alloys are scratchless and in very good condition. Thanks for the information and in any case then I will sell them in the open market based on your tip.

Regards,
Kailash

I would happily sell my punto shoes if i can find the alloys that i am looking for (abarth ones as in the attachment) and ofcourse the stock ones can fetch a good amount.

I did find similar ones but all were 100 PCDs and around 20k to 25k for set of 5.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Punto : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-fiat_grande_punto_abarth_black_by_xkrambler.jpg  

Old 31st March 2010, 14:23   #164
BHPian

Hey Sumit Congrats and your car is looking hot now. Set of 4 stock alloyes for only 9k, dude I am interested too let me know the source from which you got them.
You can PM me also.
Old 31st March 2010, 14:28   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallant View Post
Hey Sumit Congrats and your car is looking hot now. Set of 4 stock alloyes for only 9k, dude I am interested too let me know the source from which you got them.
You can PM me also.
Thanks.
I will inquire when i get to that side of the town.
Drop me a PM, just for reminder.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks