Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2010, 20:50   #196
BHPian

Punto in india has 98pcd and thats pretty much confirmed by the fact that i had slight niggles while trying to fit the 100pcd rims on. So i am most certain that its 98pcd
Old 19th April 2010, 14:48   #197
BHPian

Stock wheel as stencil

May be we can try matching the holes of the stock rims with alloys (like a stencil), by that we can get to know if we are getting the right wheels with right PCD.

This idea struck to my mind while driving
Old 20th April 2010, 07:15   #198
BHPian

I just got it confirmed by Mr.Kishore (Accessory head) at FORTUNE CARS , MUMBAI (Powai) now shifted to Marwah Estate that GP has 98 PCD alloy , earlier i tried contacting and logged in a request with FIAT HELPLINE and the women said the request will be answered in 48 hours for a simple Question & a FIAT tech will get back with me -- that moment never came!!!

So i think people who all wanting to put in 100 pcd beware the chances are after a long run there may be chances of wobbly drive as confirmed by Mr.Kishore thereof

Cheers

Last edited by torqueyTND : 20th April 2010 at 07:16. Reason: additions
Old 21st April 2010, 13:07   #199
MCR
BHPian

Hello guys, I want to buy 98PCD alloys and Conti Sportcontact2 tires 195 / 60 R15 for my Punto.
Can somebody please let me know where I can buy the same in Bangalore

Guys is Conti sportcontact a good option or should I look at Yokohama?
Old 21st April 2010, 13:48   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
Hello guys, I want to buy 98PCD alloys and Conti Sportcontact2 tires 195 / 60 R15 for my Punto.

you can buy it from madhus , the owner is a member here Nikhilb2008.
He can help you out with the rite tire choice as well.

Last edited by ms001 : 21st April 2010 at 14:06.
Old 21st April 2010, 17:06   #201
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post

Contisportcontact is not availble in 15". What youy get is the Continental CPC2.
Old 21st April 2010, 17:13   #202
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
you can buy it from madhus , the owner is a member here Nikhilb2008.
He can help you out with the rite tire choice as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Contisportcontact is not availble in 15". What youy get is the Continental CPC2.

Thanks ms001 and Nikhilb2008.

@ Nikhil ,Which one do you recommend considering grip + life + low noise and comfort. Is it Conti or Yokohama?
Also what would be the approximate cost for 5 alloys and 5 tires?

Last edited by MCR : 21st April 2010 at 17:15.
Old 21st April 2010, 17:59   #203
Distinguished - BHPian

It would definitely be the Continental CPC2.

In 195/60 R15, the tyre would cost you about 4.7k or so. Alloys would cost you around 23-24k for a set of 5.
Old 26th April 2010, 08:20   #204
R17
BHPian

Query for the knowledgeable junta.

I have just booked a Punto Emo-Pack. Ive been driving a Swift for a few years now and it screeches and wails to kingdom come, everytime I brake from a speed or take a sharp turn. Now, Im a complete noob in tire-talk but I want to change the Punto's stock tires for some better quality rubber (perhaps Conti/Michelin/Yoko) right at the delivery. But while handling is important for me, ride quality is of paramount importance and especially so for my folks and grandfolks who will use the car a fair bit. So I cant compromise on the ride quality at all. With this in mind, can you suggest which would be the ideal tire set for me? To sum it up again, important criteria for me are - ride quality, noise, longevity and grip.

Also, how much would I get for exchanging the brand new set of stock tires of the Punto Emo Pack?

Thanks.
Old 26th April 2010, 08:51   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R17 View Post
Query for the knowledgeable junta.

I have just booked a Punto Emo-Pack. Ive been driving a Swift for a few years now and it screeches and wails to kingdom come, everytime I brake from a speed or take a sharp turn. Now, Im a complete noob in tire-talk but I want to change the Punto's stock tires for some better quality rubber (perhaps Conti/Michelin/Yoko) right at the delivery. But while handling is important for me, ride quality is of paramount importance and especially so for my folks and grandfolks who will use the car a fair bit. So I cant compromise on the ride quality at all. With this in mind, can you suggest which would be the ideal tire set for me? To sum it up again, important criteria for me are - ride quality, noise, longevity and grip.

Also, how much would I get for exchanging the brand new set of stock tires of the Punto Emo Pack?

Thanks.
Did you post the same query on my blog as well?
Its a small world.

Anyhow, I replied to you on my blog.
Old 26th April 2010, 09:02   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound_Affects View Post
Punto in india has 98pcd and thats pretty much confirmed by the fact that i had slight niggles while trying to fit the 100pcd rims on. So i am most certain that its 98pcd
I strongly deny,
I have a 100 pcd Plati rim on my Punto.I had no problems whatsoever in fixing.It was as easy as a OE wheel.Only thing is you need a Hub centric ring if the centre bore is different.I got that too.Now its like perfect and no wobbles at 150 kmph too.

And people,Punto had three versions in europe,MkI,MkII and Grande.India got the Grande first.Thats the reason why Fiat calls our cars just punto and not grande.instead tata guys usse Grande as a keyword for sumo grande.MkIand II were 98 pcd.very sure.But grande worldwide is 100.check momo site for ref.Linea is 98 though.Since Linea came here first,I was of the impression that the Indian Linea must be 98 and the same Hub was used in Punto(cost cutting)But why not think otherwise,why not they bring the Punto s hub on the Linea too.I ve seen many Lineans saying 100 pcd has no issues.the genuine type tyre shop guys also say we used to be afraid when we fix it for a Palio(palio required gang drilling of wheels sometimes).But punto and linea,any 100 pcd wheels bolts in perfectly and the only issue is being HUB centric.
And i am using OE bolts so do all Puntos and Lineas with aftermarket wheels.

Last edited by vigneshram : 26th April 2010 at 09:18.
Old 26th April 2010, 09:10   #207
R17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
Did you post the same query on my blog as well?
Its a small world.

Anyhow, I replied to you on my blog.
Yep. That was me

Thanks for the response Sumit. As advised, I will stick to the 195/60-R15 config. The Michelins seem a tad expensive so Im thinking of the Continental CPC2 for now.
Old 26th April 2010, 09:11   #208
Distinguished - BHPian

R17 ---- The Michelins are perfect for you. But since you say it's too expensive, look at the Conti.
Old 26th April 2010, 09:27   #209
R17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
R17 ---- The Michelins are perfect for you. But since you say it's too expensive, look at the Conti.
Nikhil, Im guessing you too are talking about the Michelin Primacy LC and the Conti CPC2. In fact, I was digging around a bit in the Tyre and alloy section to figure out who'd be the resident guru on the matter and was just thinking of PM-ing you for your advice.

Yep, Sumit informs me that the Michelins will cost me 24kish, the Contis will come in for 21ish and Ill get about 15k for exchanging the Punto's brand new stocks. Im thinking if the Conti CPC2 is good enough (ie significantly better than the stocks and not very far off from the Michelins), it should suffice for my needs. Your take?
Old 26th April 2010, 09:53   #210
Distinguished - BHPian

They would be close. But when it comes to comfort and silence, nothing beats the Michelins.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks