Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2021, 10:00   #631
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
To be honest, I am not 100% sure on what is available in the market and what price considering the Tyre import ban by the Gov.

I personally I am using Michelin P3STs and have been very happy with them. I have used Yokohama AVS DBs and have been very happy with them as well.

Heard good reviews for Bridgestone MY02s and Continental CPC2 as well.
Any idea about P4STs (if they're available in the 185/60R15 size) or XM2+? I am not sure about the Yokohama's since I've had two bad experiences with the same set of tyres (BluEarthA's). What about the Continental CC5? Anyone has experience with those?

Forgot to mention this earlier, but the car runs mostly on the expressway and does sometimes take a pothole or two. Speeds are maintained right around 100KPH (the allowed speed limit). Also looking for a harder compound with comfortable ride and grip. Mileage isn't too much of a concern.
Old 5th September 2021, 01:07   #632

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post
What about the Continental CC5? Anyone has experience with those?
I had recently upgraded to CC6 and they are seeming great as of now.
I was told that the Continental have stopped manufacturing of CC5s and CC6s are the direct replacement to them. Please read my review above.

Last edited by aah78 : 17th December 2021 at 02:07. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Old 6th September 2021, 20:43   #633
BHPian

Quote:
Any idea about P4STs (if they're available in the 185/60R15 size) or XM2+? I am not sure about the Yokohama's since I've had two bad experiences with the same set of tyres (BluEarthA's). What about the Continental CC5? Anyone has experience with those?

Forgot to mention this earlier, but the car runs mostly on the expressway and does sometimes take a pothole or two. Speeds are maintained right around 100KPH (the allowed speed limit). Also looking for a harder compound with comfortable ride and grip. Mileage isn't too much of a concern.
I am not 100% sure, But I think P4Sts and maybe even P3STs are only available in 190/60/15. From what I understand, most premium tyres will be available in 190 section only. I could be wrong here though.

Most premium tyres in terms of noise and comfort will have softer sidewalls. I am not suggesting that they are not abuse friendly, but probably not the best when it comes to taking abuse. My car sees a fair bit of highways and on multiple occasions I have hit expansion joints around 90/100 KMHr, thankfully the P3Sts and the Yokos, both survived.

Rachit
Old 6th September 2021, 21:31   #634
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajid06 View Post
Hey guys,My Vento is due for the tyre change. I plan on sticking to the stock size and have no intentions of upsizing. I was looking for the available tyres and have narrowed it down to two in 185/60/15 stock size
---
It would be great if you guys can help me choose one. I'll be getting them changed this weekend.
Not sure if you have got the tyres changed yet. I had also stuck to the stock size of 185/60 R15 and had purchased the Continental CCC5 when the odo was close to 45k back in 2018. Now, the car is touching 83k but the Contis still have a good 5-6k km left in them
From what I last heard, you still get them around. If not a tyre dealer, then your friendly neighborhood Amazon surely has it listed (link)

Quote:
BHPians, need help ASAP. A few days back, I had posted a thread regarding a bulge on the tyres. Now, got the spare put on and have driven around on it for 3-4 days.
Now, we’re looking to change the fronts atleast. Please recommend the right tyres. Avoiding CEAT, Yokohama & JK Tyre.
If you want to try Continental, then you won't regret it. Details mentioned above.

Quote:
What about the Continental CC5? Anyone has experience with those?
From my own highway experience including the Pune-Mumbai expressway, the Contis can do a good job.
Old 9th September 2021, 19:57   #635

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
Not sure if you have got the tyres changed yet. I had also stuck to the stock size of 185/60 R15 and had purchased the Continental CCC5 when the odo was close to 45k back in 2018. Now, the car is touching 83k but the Contis still have a good 5-6k km left in them
From what I last heard, you still get them around. If not a tyre dealer, then your friendly neighborhood Amazon surely has it listed (link)
Thank you for the suggestion. I changed my tyres more than a month ago to Continental UC6 from Saifee for ₹ 22,000 (for a set of 4 inclusive of the value of old tyres). Apparently they are available in 185/65/15 and not 185/60/15 as per their website. Haven't had much opportunity to test them, but so far they seem much better than the apollos. The ride quality has improved quite a lot and so has the grip. The only major setback has been the lightness of the steering wheel.
sajid06 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2021, 14:39   #636
BHPian

I have recently replaced my Vento stock apollo tyres to Continental UC6 but they were only available in 185/65 R15 so I went for it due to an emergency and I did not have time to scour the city for optimal size.

Wanted to know if there are any adverse effect on suspension/handling or gear ratios etc due to increase in side wall height, though I have noticed that the ride is more cushy now and grip is a lot better.

Will appreciate all your inputs.
Old 14th September 2021, 17:34   #637

I found one of my alloy wheels has a little bend and that I could only observe after changing the tyres. After the tyre change, I could feel a steering wobble at around 120 km/hr or above. After thorough check, we found that one of the front wheels was having that bend. I shifted it to the rear, but now I could feel a body shake at that speed, though the steering wobble has gone.
I am looking for options to replace the alloy wheel.
  1. Fixing the Alloy wheel bend from outside market - Seems to be risky, if it doesn't go well, getting a new alloy would be inevitable
  2. Getting a second hand alloy - Seems a decent option, but have to find a seller
  3. Getting a new alloy - Costlier option, 15 inch alloy costs around 22k from the showroom
Any suggestions here please?
Thanks in advance.
Old 28th October 2021, 09:53   #638
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Hi, I am currently running the factory 195/55R16 Goodyears on mine and the car has just completed 20000. Apparently the tyres are nearing the end of their life because the previous owner used to hammer the car on the highways (evident because previous owner's 150km/h speeding ticket from Noida at 1am and front tyres being at 30% and rear at 90% before rotation at ASC at 18000).

Considering upsizing to 205/55R16 because of grip loss (faced during climbing steep algae-covered cobblestone ramps at a resort) and low ground clearance issues (after Marchula->Ranikhet as road was opened after landslide and there was a ton of debris).

I have no qualms with a negligible loss in handling or fuel efficiency. Have had previous good experience with Continental Sport Contact on the Superb (205/55R16) and poor outcome with Michelin Primacy ST3 (very prone to punctures). Considering Continentals.

Am I going along the right path?

Last edited by vredesbyrd : 28th October 2021 at 09:55.
Old 17th December 2021, 00:59   #639

205/60r15 for Vento

Wanted to ask if anyone has used 205/60r15 on their Vento? Does it scrape the inners?
The standard wheel diameter for Highline Plus (195/55r16) is 621mm so that is perfectly alright since the company is fitting those. The 205/60r15 diameter is 627mm, would that be alright to use?

I understand 195/60r15 or 205/55r15 are good options, but wanted to fill up the wheel arches better without upgrading the rims to 16 inches.

Last edited by aah78 : 17th December 2021 at 02:10. Reason: Typos.
Old 17th December 2021, 07:39   #640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenobserver View Post

205/60r15 for Vento

Wanted to ask if anyone has used 205/60r15 on their Vento? Does it scrape the inners? The standard wheel diameter for Highline Plus (195/55r16) is 621mm so that is perfectly alright since the company is fitting those. The 205/60r15 diameter is 627mm, would that be alright to use? I understand 195/60r15 or 205/55r15 are good options, but wanted to fill up the wheel arches better without upgrading the rims to 16 inches.
The Vento is already too bouncy, 205/60/15 will just make it even worse! Not to mention the potential brake issues due to a bigger tyre. So it would be best to avoid this line of thought.
nitkel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2021, 13:49   #641

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitkel View Post
The Vento is already too bouncy, 205/60/15 will just make it even worse! Not to mention the potential brake issues due to a bigger tyre. So it would be best to avoid this line of thought.
I get what you are saying and that is absolutely correct but say I’m okay with those downsides, will that size be alright in the front wheel space in terms of steering and not touching the inner parts while turning and running ?
Old 17th December 2021, 14:00   #642
BHPian

Quote:
I get what you are saying and that is absolutely correct but say I’m okay with those downsides, will that size be alright in the front wheel space in terms of steering and not touching the inner parts while turning and running ?
It would be a bit touch and go with the clearances. Also, I'm not sure anybody here has experimented with that size. Better option would be to change to 16 inchers or to 195/60/15 spec.
nitkel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2021, 14:07   #643

Quote:
Originally Posted by vredesbyrd View Post
Hi, I am currently running the factory 195/55R16 Goodyears on mine and the car has just completed 20000. Apparently the tyres are nearing the end of their life because the previous owner used to hammer the car on the highways (evident because previous owner's 150km/h speeding ticket from Noida at 1am and front tyres being at 30% and rear at 90% before rotation at ASC at 18000).

Considering upsizing to 205/55R16 because of grip loss (faced during climbing steep algae-covered cobblestone ramps at a resort) and low ground clearance issues (after Marchula->Ranikhet as road was opened after landslide and there was a ton of debris).

I have no qualms with a negligible loss in handling or fuel efficiency. Have had previous good experience with Continental Sport Contact on the Superb (205/55R16) and poor outcome with Michelin Primacy ST3 (very prone to punctures). Considering Continentals.

Am I going along the right path?
Just for an update, did you upgrade to 205/55r16? If yes how are the tyre clearances and does it scrape anywhere while running?
Old 17th December 2021, 15:00   #644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

205/60r15 for Vento

Wanted to ask if anyone has used 205/60r15 on their Vento?
The real question is, why do you want to go with such a size?
Old 17th December 2021, 16:11   #645

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
The real question is, why do you want to go with such a size?
Wanted to fill up wheel arches better. But the consensus appears to be the 195/60r15 or get bigger rims. So will go for them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks