Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2021, 11:53   #646
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Hi,
I am looking for used tyres for my vento, tyre profile is 185/60/R15. I am based in Mumbai thane area.

Thanks
Uday
udaydesai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 14:47   #647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenobserver View Post

205/60r15 for Vento

Wanted to ask if anyone has used 205/60r15 on their Vento? Does it scrape the inners?
The standard wheel diameter for Highline Plus (195/55r16) is 621mm so that is perfectly alright since the company is fitting those. The 205/60r15 diameter is 627mm, would that be alright to use?

I understand 195/60r15 or 205/55r15 are good options, but wanted to fill up the wheel arches better without upgrading the rims to 16 inches.
Try 205/55 R16...

Volkswagen Vento : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-capture.jpg
Old 3rd August 2022, 00:51   #648

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Stephens View Post
Hi Guys,

Recently discovered that 2 of my 15" alloy wheels on my 2013 Vento TDI have bends in them and need to be replaced.

Does anyone know where can I get my hands on a pair of them in Chennai. Either used or new.

Attaching a picture of the alloy style for reference.

Please let me know if available and details.

thanks in advance. ����
I know it’s been a while since you posted this but if you are still looking for one, I have got a couple of them. I have the same wheel on both my Polo and Vento. I live in Bangalore and if you are still interested, feel free to get in touch.

Vento is up for a big 90k service and I bought a set of 16 inch wheels black wheels to go with the black car. Still debating on the tire size though. 205/55/16 or 195/55/16. 205/50/16 is probably the way to go but not too many options with that profile. Also, worried about breaking rims with the low profiles in our wonderful roads of Namma Bengaluru.
Attached Images

Old 3rd August 2022, 07:51   #649
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimatum View Post
I know it’s been a while since you posted this but if you are still looking for one, I have got a couple of them. I have the same wheel on both my Polo and Vento. I live in Bangalore and if you are still interested, feel free to get in touch.
If Adrian Stephens requires 2 pieces, I wouldn't mind grabbing the other 2. Will contact you in the DMs

Edit: Can you please enable contacting via email for the time being? DMs are disabled for Newbies and I think it's a bad idea to share contact details in a such a public forum.

Last edited by Turbohead : 3rd August 2022 at 07:55.
Old 3rd August 2022, 10:31   #650
BHPian

Quote:

Vento is up for a big 90k service and I bought a set of 16 inch wheels black wheels to go with the black car. Still debating on the tire size though. 205/55/16 or 195/55/16. 205/50/16 is probably the way to go but not too many options with that profile. Also, worried about breaking rims with the low profiles in our wonderful roads of Namma Bengaluru.
Hi Altimatum, Thanks a ton for remembering - much appreciated.
For the moment I've fixed the wheels. Put off replacing them for a later time coz I have a huge service bill coming up with 1.7lac kms. The car is still everything stock apart from the front suspension. So clutch, rear suspension, timing belt, water pump, gear cable and some body work due.

BTW your new rims look smoking. Going to leave them black ? , if it was me i would do a nice dark or light bronze to go with that black beauty.
Will get in touch later on how the 16inchers feel on the car.

Cheers and thanks again.
Old 3rd August 2022, 10:36   #651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
If Adrian Stephens requires 2 pieces, I wouldn't mind grabbing the other 2. Will contact you in the DMs

Edit: Can you please enable contacting via email for the time being? DMs are disabled for Newbies and I think it's a bad idea to share contact details in a such a public forum.
Hi Turbo ... Its all yours buddy. Cheers
Adrian Stephens is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 11:39   #652

Quote:

I have enabled that. Hope that helps…
Altimatum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 11:46   #653

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Stephens View Post
BTW your new rims look smoking. Going to leave them black ? , if it was me i would do a nice dark or light bronze to go with that black beauty.
Will get in touch later on how the 16inchers feel on the car.

Cheers and thanks again.
I think I will leave it black for now. Love the all black look. Might go for a blue or red caliper paint and accent the same colour on the bumper grill. Will change the rim colours once I get bored of these.

Just curious, when did you last change the timing kit on your Vento. Did you do it at 90 or 100k? Or is it the first time you are getting it done?
Old 4th August 2022, 14:36   #654
BHPian

Quote:
I think I will leave it black for now. Love the all black look. Might go for a blue or red caliper paint and accent the same colour on the bumper grill. Will change the rim colours once I get bored of these.

Just curious, when did you last change the timing kit on your Vento. Did you do it at 90 or 100k? Or is it the first time you are getting it done?
Hi Altimatum, this will be the first time I will be replacing the timing kit incl the water pump and clutch...

So in love with those new wheels... can you please give me an idea how much they costed you? (Need for budgeting purposes )

Cheers

Last edited by aah78 : 25th August 2022 at 03:56. Reason: Additional information. EDIT: Typoss.
Adrian Stephens is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 00:31   #655

I have a Vento TSI 2015 Dec model. The stock tires are from Goodyear (185/60 R15). It's been 6.5 years now and the car has run 45k kms.

Recently, one of the tires got damaged and have encountered plenty of punctures. Hence, I have decided to change all the 4 tires. I would like to go with the same tire dimensions.

I have gone through various threads here on team-bhp for the suitable tires for my car. Based on this, I have narrowed down my options to the below:

Yokohoma BlueEarth GT AE51
Continental CC6

Note:
- I did come across couple of reviews on sidewall damage with Yokohoma BlueEarth AE50 (older model). However, there are not many reviews for Yokohoma BlueEarth GT AE51
- I read here that Continental CC series tires require careful monitoring of air pressure to ensure that they are not low even slightly.

Please advise.
Old 16th August 2022, 20:56   #656
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurudeep BN View Post
I have a Vento TSI 2015 Dec model. The stock tires are from Goodyear (185/60 R15). It's been 6.5 years now and the car has run 45k kms.
--
I have gone through various threads here on team-bhp for the suitable tires for my car. Based on this, I have narrowed down my options to the below:
Yokohoma BlueEarth GT AE51, Continental CC6.
--
I read here that Continental CC series tires require careful monitoring of air pressure to ensure that they are not low even slightly.
I would suggest to go for the Continentals, based on my own experience of having driven them for 45k+ km on my (ex)Vento. Great ride quality + very good comfort and grip. I preferred to remain with the stock 185/60 R15 size.

And for the monitoring bit, I don't think there is anything to worry. Just check them regularly as you would do for other brands. I used to do that every 2-3 weeks or so, with Nitrogen filled in them.
JoshMachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 21:57   #657
BHPian

Quote:
Based on this, I have narrowed down my options to the below:
  • Yokohoma BlueEarth GT AE51
  • Continental CC6
Please advise.
I recently changed mine owing to multiple punchers on one tire and all the tires had missing pieces of rubber on the outer side. Was offered Bridgestone B290, Ceat, MRF and Yokohama Earth 1 E400. Didn't want to upgrade as the options were not interesting at all.

Picked up the E400 and it's been 10 days. The experience has been good so far and muted response when rides over potholes. the stock was 3022. Got 5 years unconditional warranty based on pro-rata (kms driven)
thenomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 22:14   #658
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Yokohoma BlueEarth GT AE51
Continental CC6
I just change to the Continental UC6 last week. Too early to make any specific observations, but initial impression is pretty good
Old 17th August 2022, 08:48   #659
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
I just change to the Continental UC6 last week. Too early to make any specific observations, but initial impression is pretty good
Hi Rajeevraj,
Is the tire size 185/60 or did you upsize to 195/60?
Would like to hear more about these tires and how they perform with respect to your previous pairs.
Old 17th August 2022, 14:13   #660
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Rajeevraj,
Is the tire size 185/60 or did you upsize to 195/60?
Would like to hear more about these tires and how they perform with respect to your previous pairs.
I had already changed to 195/60 when I changed from the stock Apollo Alnacs to Michelin 3ST. Of course there significant difference compared to the current state of the tires at the point of change, but need to drive some more for some detailed observations.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks