Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2018, 14:32   #571
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc73 View Post
2. I have always been a bit uncomfortable with 195/60 size, due to the wobble and body roll during highway drives. On city roads, my personal experience is that this size tends to be a bit bumpy (I have tried various tyre pressures and never got rid of somewhat harsh slow-speed ride) while the ride is pretty good at highway speeds, though the body roll is not confidence inspiring.
I thought 195/60 would be more comfortable than 205/55 because of taller sidewall (more depth to cushion bumps). What is your theory or fact as to why 205/55 is more comfortable for you? Btw, I have Michelin P ST3 195/60 on my car.
Old 13th February 2018, 13:31   #572
BHPian

Hi,

I am looking for tyre upgrade for my 2012 Vento Highline Diesel. Currently running stock 185/60 R15 Apollo Aceleres . What would be the best options for me ? I am looking for a comfortable ride. Should I upgrade to 205/55 ? Which models available ? Price?
Old 19th February 2018, 12:23   #573
BHPian

hi.. need to replace 2 tyres of my vento.

the tyre dealer says its ok to put 195 section on just 2 wheels and then when the other 2 need replacement i can switch those to 195 as well. planning to put michelin

right now all 4 are 185 section MRF.

Please advise if this is a good idea or i should just stick to 185.

Also, out of bridgestone, continental and michelin which ones i should go for?
Old 22nd March 2018, 19:46   #574
Senior - BHPian

Replaced my almost 45k km run MRF ZVTVs with Continental CC5.
Set of 4 tyres cost INR 17,300. Since I had hardly used the spare, it was in a very good condition and didn't trade it.

Went with the same stock configuration of 185/60 R15 for the Contis.
JoshMachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2018, 00:23   #575
BHPian

Hello all ! My vento had done close to 99000 kms, and I am planning to replace tyres and probably shock absorbers too. As I have relocated to Delhi for studies, my daily mileage has come down from 200 kms to 20 kms. My priorities would be silence, handling and durability. Please suggest premium tyres in stock size and if possible, dependable stores near Indirapuram, Ghaziabad to purchase. Thanks in advance.
OT request: Is there any modification brand similar to "VAGTUNE" of Kerala in Delhi specific to VAG cars and OEM modifications?
Old 1st May 2018, 14:36   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by printh View Post
Hello all ! My vento had done close to 99000 kms, and I am planning to replace tyres and probably shock absorbers too. As I have relocated to Delhi for studies, my daily mileage has come down from 200 kms to 20 kms. My priorities would be silence, handling and durability. Please suggest premium tyres in stock size and if possible, dependable stores near Indirapuram, Ghaziabad to purchase. Thanks in advance.
Silence and durability would tend to be mutually exclusive. Silent tyres are generally soft, so less durable. Of course tread design also matter for noise mitigation. You may have to decide whether noise is your primary criteria, or durability. I currently use Michelin XM+ and Primacy ST because noise is my primary concern. In the XM+ tread wear off fast.
Old 22nd July 2018, 18:08   #577
BHPian

Hello All,

What would be the best tyre for vento - Yokohama / Continental / Michelin?
Old 22nd July 2018, 18:10   #578
BHPian

I'm using Pirelli Cinturato for about two years now and pleasantly surprised with the ride quality and low noise of this tyre. I have the same tires in my Brio also. Have tried Michelin earlier but feel that Pirellis are better.
abhjain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2018, 18:11   #579
BHPian

I had been using the Bridgestone turanza ER300 for the last 3 years and 45k kilometers for my 2013 Vento Tdi highline . They were very reliable and still have about 4 mm tread left but have become a bit noisy.
I wanted to get a set of the same ER 300 again but found they are out of stock.
I had a choice of Michelin XM2, Conti CC5 and Yokohama Earth1 .
After much deliberation, chose to go with the Conti CC5.
Have barely had a run of 5km back home.
I have a long drive coming up this weekend. I hope to get a good idea of how good they are.
sunsetorange is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2018, 08:28   #580
BHPian

Have a 2017 Vento MPI. Though it is a NA engine the car drives with some appreciative power. It has been run for 13500 kms so far. The stock Bridgestone tyres are ok but nothing great. Road noise is evident and there is decent performance.
Ideally post how many kms we should look to replace the tyres? One of the tyres have had 6 punctures but rectified. Still it loses the nitrogen more than the other 3.
Old 20th March 2019, 16:41   #581
BHPian

I have been using Yokohama S Drive 195/65 R15 on my Vento TDi HL from begining. at 100k plus i am well into my second set. slightly bouncy ride due to higher profile has been more than compensated for post monsoon "off roading" on Ahmedabad roads for over 5 monsoons.
Old 23rd April 2019, 11:41   #582

I purchased a used 2014 Vento Petrol highline yesterday - and I have given it for the 5th year service today. The service center ( VW apple Whitefield) guy recommended Tyre change ( clocked 48000kms). I anyways wanted to upgrade to the 195 Michelin shoes ( after reading through this thread) - and the showroom says they have 195's on Pirelli too ( around 6450 per tyre they quote)! They warned that any suspensions wear-and-tear repairs I get done will not be covered in warranty - If I get the tyres replaced outside! Need Suggestion Please.
Old 24th April 2019, 11:09   #583
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vijaychand87 View Post
I anyways wanted to upgrade to the 195 Michelin shoes ( after reading through this thread) - and the showroom says they have 195's on Pirelli too ( around 6450 per tyre they quote)! They warned that any suspensions wear-and-tear repairs I get done will not be covered in warranty - If I get the tyres replaced outside! Need Suggestion Please.
How many years of warranty are left on the car? The claim by the showroom is just to ensure that you buy the tire from them with the inflated profit margins.

The best thing to do is to take your car to one of the reputed shops that specialize in tires and get it changed yourself. You will get the benefit of a wide variety of tires suiting your budget and alignment will be done properly as well. You can check our directory section for the different options. Many TBHPians go to Madhus on Langford Road. In fact, I drove my car straight from Whitefield Honda to Madhus after taking delivery and upgraded to Yokohoma S Drives.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2019, 11:44   #584

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
How many years of warranty are left on the car? The claim by the showroom is just to ensure that you buy the tire from them with the inflated profit margins.

The best thing to do is to take your car to one of the reputed shops that specialize in tires and get it changed yourself. You will get the benefit of a wide variety of tires suiting your budget and alignment will be done properly as well. You can check our directory section for the different options. Many TBHPians go to Madhus on Langford Road. In fact, I drove my car straight from Whitefield Honda to Madhus after taking delivery and upgraded to Yokohoma S Drives.
Thanks for the suggestion! I was contemplating on the same and a +1 from a senior bhpian confirms it! I would do this today straight after the service.
Old 29th April 2019, 14:15   #585
BHPian

Would love to get suggestions to help with my next upgrade. I own a Comfortline 1.5TDI DSG and am currently running on 195/60 XM2s. I've felt body roll throughout its life and that planted feel has never been there (like I had in my 2011 1.6TDI).

Can I fit 205/55 R15 on the steel rims of the Comfortline? Also, since my usage includes travelling on bad roads, what would the best tyre options be?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks