Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2007, 00:18   #106
Senior - BHPian

hi cyrus, is this car being restored or what?. the guy has gone and painted the bumpers whats wrong with him or is it wrapped in paper and painted over.
PS- i am dieing to post a picture of a landmaster. please let me know where can i do that, as in which thread. thanks
Old 13th September 2007, 00:24   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
hi cyrus, is this car being restored or what?. the guy has gone and painted the bumpers whats wrong with him or is it wrapped in paper and painted over.
PS- i am dieing to post a picture of a landmaster. please let me know where can i do that, as in which thread. thanks
well as far as i can see the car is in restoration but it is a very shoddy job...and it is infact paint on the bumpers....sad isnt it..and about your landmaster..why dont you start a new thread?
Old 13th September 2007, 00:25   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYRUS43 View Post
hey stanher a treat for you...
WOW! Many thanks Cyrus! Well today I sure am enjoying being pampered first with a treat from speedy now from you!
Although may I suggest it'd look more relevant in the standards thread....

And the steering wheel appears grey.....if its original (looks so from this angle) this would be a rare early ('62) Herald! like mine....
Speedy, just remembered- you can post the landmaster pics. in the "Indian-built/asembled classics" thread....

Last edited by Stanher : 13th September 2007 at 00:27.
Old 13th September 2007, 00:28   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYRUS43 View Post
well as far as i can see the car is in restoration but it is a very shoddy job...and it is infact paint on the bumpers....sad isnt it..
Uh, well Heralds did have painted bumpers always....some of them were fitted with accessory chrome bumpers over the original ones....I believe these were made by Vidyut(?), Bombay....
Old 13th September 2007, 01:07   #110
Senior - BHPian

thank you stanher for telling me where to post pictures of this rare landmaster woddy.

sorry guys could not get the rear in one peice due to lack of place, took 20 pictures to get two clear ones ( hold phone click n check no see).

karl for you clock meter of a 61 landmaster. (not woddy)

Old 13th September 2007, 01:20   #111
Senior - BHPian

stanher that was for cyrus but i just informed you before you think i have bought it.
the pics are up after strugling with imageshack.
Old 13th September 2007, 09:25   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
the pics are up after strugling with imageshack.
You too huh? I thought only I had this problem becasue my net was slow or something...hmm....'wonder why its so difficult now...
Old 13th September 2007, 09:33   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow speedy! Lovely car....except for the paint dhabbey on the front tyre...hope they clean that up soon! (Thank God I didnt leave on the correct tyres/rims on my fiat while getting it painted!).....glad to see a woody still surviving....I remember (first?) seeing one at a repair garage a few years ago....things like the front grille had been changed but the woody part was still intact...
Old 13th September 2007, 09:35   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

Thats a really rare find Speedy. There must be only a handfull of these left. Though it seems to have an OHV engine.

Also, the 61 car isnt a Landmaster, its an Ambassador. Do put up pics of that as well.

Cheers
Karl
Old 13th September 2007, 09:36   #115
Senior - BHPian

God! the woody looks beautiful. never realized our own amby(ka baap!!) could look so good!! Btw, the last snap looks like the interior of a marl1 amby. The landmaster never had covered gloveboxes. It was left open

Last edited by JayD : 13th September 2007 at 09:38.
Old 13th September 2007, 11:31   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Its a 1961 Ambassador.
Old 13th September 2007, 12:08   #117
BHPian

I remember Dad saying he had a Ford Prefect. Have no clue whether it was Indian. It was just a long time ago, so posted this here. I'm totally not into Vintage cars.
Old 13th September 2007, 13:16   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by -GS- View Post
Its a 1961 Ambassador.
yes Mr sherlok singh . it is an ambassador 1961 meters and clock.
Old 13th September 2007, 13:18   #119
BHPian

was this car black earlier? i have a strong feeling that this car was possibly, locally bodied as a hearse, thus the lack of rear doors.
Old 13th September 2007, 13:21   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
You too huh? I thought only I had this problem becasue my net was slow or something...hmm....'wonder why its so difficult now...
it happens to me very rarely but when it does happen stanher it takes an hour to load one picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Wow speedy! Lovely car....except for the paint dhabbey on the front tyre...hope they clean that up soon! (Thank God I didnt leave on the correct tyres/rims on my fiat while getting it painted!).....glad to see a woody still surviving....I remember (first?) seeing one at a repair garage a few years ago....things like the front grille had been changed but the woody part was still intact...
the car is still being worked on. i had all the guys move away from the car to take the pictures. they were cleaning all the paint marks from the tyres. this car had original wood from the factory not been changed or tampered with.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks