Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2008, 22:14   #241
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit V8 View Post
who made these badals?? i see the sail badge, is it from SIPANI AUTOS. did anyone buy them??
Yes, Badal was from Sipani- their first 'car' in fact.

Very few did buy them though.
Old 18th January 2009, 13:01   #242
Distinguished - BHPian

Fellow member abhinav.arora spotted this very sweet looking Baby Hindusthan in Delhi recently. Car appears to be in very good original condition, and sports a badge proclaiming "Baby Hindusthan". Any idea if that was originally fitted? I haven't seen one before. Car was based on the OHV Morris 1000 'Tiger'.
Attached Thumbnails
Indian built/assembled classics-01.jpg  

Indian built/assembled classics-02.jpg  

Indian built/assembled classics-03.jpg  

Indian built/assembled classics-05.jpg  

Old 18th January 2009, 13:45   #243
Senior - BHPian

Karl, that is a very neat 'Baby' that u've found. These cars were badged as such. The baby hindusthan script was just screwed on top of the morris script. An easy way to distinguish them from the morris version is the dished steering wheel.
Old 18th January 2009, 16:21   #244
Distinguished - BHPian

I remember seeing a similar one in black in Hyderabad, years ago. It had the Baby Hindustan script badges on both sides of the bonnet where the morris Minor badges sit. I was told it was a '55 model, although I read in a book on classic cars that the single-piece wide windscreen minor 1000 OHV came out in '56 only. So it should've reached India even later (atleast by 1 year)
Old 18th January 2009, 16:37   #245
Senior - BHPian

This 1000 is a car between 54-59. The front indicators are not original, and should be like this:
These type of indicators appeared from 1954-63,but were smaller till 61.

I say 59 because, after 59, the dished steering wheel had a larger center boss.
Indian built/assembled classics-front_4.jpg

Indian built/assembled classics-l488a.jpg

Till 1956, the cars had a semi chrome rear taillamp assembly, like this:

Indian built/assembled classics-54-rear-one.jpg

Indian built/assembled classics-54-rear-2.jpg

Whereas, from 56-63, they were like this.

Indian built/assembled classics-lamp_rear_early_1000.jpg

After which, both front and real had two colour assemblies.

Indian built/assembled classics-front_5.jpg

Indian built/assembled classics-lamp_rear_late_1000.jpg

Last edited by JayD : 18th January 2009 at 16:43.
Old 21st January 2009, 17:04   #246
BHPian

uploading my HINDUSTAN 10 photos which indian built 1947 model.just like as morris 10/4
Attached Thumbnails
Indian built/assembled classics-h6.jpg  

Indian built/assembled classics-h5.jpg  

Indian built/assembled classics-h4.jpg  

Indian built/assembled classics-h3.jpg  

Indian built/assembled classics-h2.jpg  

Indian built/assembled classics-h1.jpg  

veldeep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2009, 21:29   #247
Senior - BHPian

Lovely car Deepak. It's a very very rare Hindustan I believe, and you've maintained her superb. My compliments ! Btw is the sun roof original, or have you made it later ?
Old 21st January 2009, 22:02   #248
BHPian

yes its original.it was closed when i bought it.i made it work when i restored it.
Old 21st January 2009, 22:34   #249
BHPian

yes its original.but was not in working condition.it took lot of efforts to make it in good condition
regards
Old 22nd January 2009, 12:14   #250
Senior - BHPian

sunroof in HINDUSTAN10

Quote:
Originally Posted by veldeep View Post
yes its original.but was not in working condition.it took lot of efforts to make it in good condition
regards
sorry to correct you but the MORRIS10/4 which came as SKD to INDIA had their sunroofs closed (factory welded by HINDUSTAN MOTORS) before being sold in INDIA as Hindustan10.I have single owner of a hindustan10 who has this car since the 50's and also have checked with old time service personnel of HM dealers in KERALA who substantiate this fact.To confirm you can check with old HM guys.
Old 22nd January 2009, 14:46   #251
Senior - BHPian

Two superbly maintained cars
Old 22nd January 2009, 22:04   #252
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veldeep View Post
uploading my HINDUSTAN 10 photos which indian built 1947 model.just like as morris 10/4
Nice car! I think karl had posted a pic. of this car earlier.

BTW, is the speedo on the car original? Somehow looks like a Smiths one from an early amby?
Old 31st January 2009, 17:48   #253
Distinguished - BHPian

I was ecstatic to come across this photo of a 95 Premier Padmini (S1?) at the Haynes International Motor Museum, Sparkford Somerset. As a kid I used to religiously follow a program on BBC featuring cars from this very museum.

Premier Padmini, 1995, The Haynes International Motor Museum, Sparkford, Somerset, 2007 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Old 31st January 2009, 19:15   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
I was ecstatic to come across this photo of a 95 Premier Padmini (S1?) at the Haynes International Motor Museum, Sparkford Somerset. As a kid I used to religiously follow a program on BBC featuring cars from this very museum.

Premier Padmini, 1995, The Haynes International Motor Museum, Sparkford, Somerset, 2007 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
How exciting! A joker in the pack of cards. And without a black numberplate! Pun intended, otherwise life would be boring.

Next to it appears to be a Riksha, probably Bajaj in black + yellow. I learnt from Karl to look at all corners and background of a picture, not only focus on the subject.
Old 4th February 2009, 14:38   #255
BHPian

Firestarter - you have lit up my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
the caddy ( firestarter christened by our own bhpians) is a 1952 series 62 8 cylinder car with an automatic transmission. it has a power hood power windows power seats all in working order and very much original. the car is very comfortable to drive and glides through. the car has been restored by me at my inhouse workshop.the car is originally red and very original nothing that did not come on the caddy is on her. she is 17 and a half feet long and close to six feet wide so i dont have trouble with bus guys who also think twice before messing .
the car belongs to me and it was just given for the jbl show as the main man for jbl is a close friend like a brother to me. jbl guys(sam and crew) just had graffics put onto it which does not damage the paint the rest of the equiptment was removable and not perminently fixed on to the car boot. it is not a perminent jbl show car.
please let me know if there is anything more you would like to know karl has posted pictures of my packard clipper just a few thread above

Hi,

Great garage, hope to get mine posted soon. Check out my intro page, i've had a few great cars and way back couldn't convince my father to put a Flame Paint job on our 2nd car that brother and I drove most of the time.

Now that i don't have those constraints and am just finishing off restoring our Fiat 1100 deluxe "WBF-1" here in Calcutta which is our daily driver I am becoming concerned what with the mad traffic here something is going to happen. Some photos can be seen on the threads about the Calcutta Statesman Rally.

I have been thinking about picking up a good Premier as my run about car and...painting it black, "frenching" the head and tail lights, set of mag wheels, tinted windows, "hot" up the power train and putting a "flame" paint job on it. Might inspire others to keep these cars on the road and set themselves apart from the herd!

Karl has been a great help in doing up the fiat and i've been reading through many of the threads for back to front and feel that though I have'nt met any of the gang, they are a great bunch of fellow "CAR CRAZY GUYS" who I would enjoy hang out with.

This web site has to be one of the best anywhere!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks