Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2007, 04:23   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcash View Post
Beautiful Cars, Ishan!.... The Isetta is a real treat to see in person. You really don't realize how small they are till you are standing right beside them.
Totally true! I remember my first encounter with an Isetta was in '97, a decade back & it was an immaculate piece in White & Blue at the BMW stand at the Auto Expo that year. Had to ask the hostess there really nicely that could I please enter the stand to take a picture with the cute car since it was my birthday (total lie thought up by a senior of mine with me that day!!) and she happily obliged! Also they had the then newly launched & then hot Z3 in red too so I was even more excited!!! And ever since the memories of the frog remained with me!!

Quote:
Loved the authentic Mini (With some very large speakers!) as well as the Mazda.
Wait till you see what's coming up next, you'll be salivating all over your desk!

Quote:
P.S. You were'nt here on a little scouting mission, were you ?
Actually I was & found 2 cars which I would have loved but alas, none were for sale Wait for all the pictures, after which I'm guessing you'll identify the cars I was interested in without me telling you!
Old 23rd June 2007, 08:38   #77
BHPian

how did your friend end up collecting so many cars? did he just buy them and not drive or he did drive them at one point? thanks i am always interested in the history of a car
Old 23rd June 2007, 09:25   #78
Team-BHP Support

Some corrections

Opel Manta - This one is not the rally version that Rajiv Khanna used. He used an Opel 400. See more here

That is not a Riley

The car whose name you forgot - was an Austin A40 hereford
Old 23rd June 2007, 10:10   #79
BHPian

this is an incredible visual delight...wow loved going thru this thread
Old 23rd June 2007, 10:20   #80
BHPian

Loved the NASH - something i would like my wife to drive around in..real cute..

The CADDI.. very well kept..always a lovely sight..

Nice find Iraghava..cheers!!
Old 23rd June 2007, 11:22   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Absolutely great stuff, and keep em comin! I especially loved the caddy, isetta and nash...

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Riley I believe

Another Buick I believe

The supposed Riley is actually a 59 Rambler American...another quirk like the Nash...I think at some point there was an association between the two companies...
The other car is a late 20s early 30s Ford Model A....very popular in India...you can be sure of seeing atleast 4-5 at every event.
Old 23rd June 2007, 11:35   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
The supposed Riley is actually a 59 Rambler American...another quirk like the Nash...I think at some point there was an association between the two companies...
The other car is a late 20s early 30s Ford Model A....very popular in India...you can be sure of seeing atleast 4-5 at every event.
I knew you would come in & help me with the names Was just waiting! Expect more pictures today evening!!
Old 23rd June 2007, 11:38   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

great...cant wait! Especially for 2 cars I havent seen in a while...hope theyre on the agenda.
Old 23rd June 2007, 12:49   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Absolutely great stuff, and keep em comin! I especially loved the caddy, isetta and nash...

the nash rambler was the first and higly respected american small car.from 50-56/57 if i am not wrong but stopped after amc was formed.
riley is British car and now owned by bmw.
Old 23rd June 2007, 13:09   #85
BHPian

wow, a treat for the eyes, loved the isetta..never seen any here in mumbai at rallys or otherwise?
Old 23rd June 2007, 14:58   #86
Senior - BHPian

Ishan, How come the front of the Caddi is not snapped?
Neway Great Man, How on earth do you manage to find out and reach such places.
Keep it up!!
From the Garage and the Contents, it seems that the cars will just continue "being restored"!! in anycase its a slow process and with a dozen+ cars, its an ongoing process. Is this a collectors garage? or a dealer at a price!
Old 23rd June 2007, 15:03   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSAM View Post
wow, a treat for the eyes, loved the isetta..never seen any here in mumbai at rallys or otherwise?
Have seen these Isetta's in good numbers in Italy and Germany in the late '70s and early '80s specially in smaller congested towns, and always felt they were a poor mans drive, and not really practical, too delicate, I was told. But they SURE have Novelty value.
Old 24th June 2007, 08:37   #88
BHPian

Tell me it was our Mustang and Camaro !

Quote:
Totally true! I remember my first encounter with an Isetta was in '97, a decade back & it was an immaculate piece in White & Blue at the BMW stand at the Auto Expo that year. Had to ask the hostess there really nicely that could I please enter the stand to take a picture with the cute car since it was my birthday (total lie thought up by a senior of mine with me that day!!) and she happily obliged! Also they had the then newly launched & then hot Z3 in red too so I was even more excited!!! And ever since the memories of the frog remained with me!!

Wait till you see what's coming up next, you'll be salivating all over your desk!

Actually I was & found 2 cars which I would have loved but alas, none were for sale Wait for all the pictures, after which I'm guessing you'll identify the cars I was interested in without me telling you!
Old 24th June 2007, 10:13   #89
BHPian

Hey,
Any of the Bigg caddies for sale??
lemme know mail me at blueoyster@yahoo.com with details will call you!
cheers

Quote:
Well I currently have 5 options of which 2 are definetely for sale. I was very interested in one of those but the price asked is way too high.
Old 24th June 2007, 10:19   #90
BHPian

[quote=iraghava;450372]Ok guys, a friend took me a to a spot where he had spotted an old car which he wanted. Here is what I got to see there:

A Jag bodyshell (Mk II I believe), rotting away.

This is something interesting?? did your friend manage to pick this one up ?
this could possibly not be MUMBAI!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks