Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2010, 00:56   #931
Senior - BHPian

I see this baby very regularly near my office, at Fort.
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-mb1.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-mb2.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-mb3.jpg  

Old 19th September 2010, 03:22   #932
BHPian

What engine is it.

I had gone to see a 240D 3.0 Ltr engine today. Needs a lot of body work to it.
Old 21st September 2010, 19:52   #933
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
Gogi JI,

This car is a W111. The original tail lights had got lost during some shifting. So the W110 tail lamps were put on. Leaving the lights the rest is all of a W111.
I would have guessed looking at the dual bumpers at the rear but im surprised that a person spending so much on a restoration of this car would have not bothered to import a pair of rear lights for this car. It looks really weird. Also the wood veneer on the dash never came with such a busy design. IMHO it is the restorer who's duty it is to have mentioned to the owner. I wont but the excuse that "The owner wanted it that way, especially about the veneer" All efforts in down just because of over-restoration i think.
Old 26th September 2010, 17:19   #934
Senior - BHPian

Not much of a Classic car though-

1987 Mercedes Benz 280SEL W126
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-img3956.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-img3957.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-img3958.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-img3959.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-img3960.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-img3961.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-img3962.jpg  

Last edited by IndrojitSircar : 26th September 2010 at 17:23.
Old 26th September 2010, 17:37   #935
Senior - BHPian

Nice car but that paint job is killing it !
Old 28th September 2010, 11:29   #936
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Nice car but that paint job is killing it !
the paint is spoiling this beauty ...no offense. i like the overall finish although i would also like headlamp wipers too. he he.

Btw this is offtopic and i dont know where to post this..i have a W126 280 SE used bumper for sale if anyone is interested..i mistook it for my 500 SEL
Old 29th September 2010, 18:54   #937
BHPian

Spares needed urgently for my W123 300D

Hello all,

Please help me find the following spares for my '85 300D. Am in a big mess and at the mercy of my mechanic here at Jaipur. Would be a big help if I could get some contacts of W123 spare stockists at New Delhi along with indicative prices of the same. Here goes my list:

(1) Tie-rod ends (steering) : 4 Nos.
(2) Tie-rod ends including rods (steering) : 2 Nos.
(3) Steering shocker : 1 No.
(4) Front suspension arm balls : 2 Nos.
(5) Balance rod arms : 2 Nos.
(6) Coil spring rubber kit : 2 Nos.
(7) Gear lever rubber kit

Sorry for the layman's jargon used in the above list! Am not a very technically sound person as far as mechanicals are concerned.

My car has blue interiors and the original paint was metallic Labrador Blue. I am keen to change the color to metallic Nautical Blue. Which brand of paint to go for?

Vikas
Old 29th September 2010, 20:38   #938
Senior - BHPian

LoveHerald, each and every part is available ex shop in Bombay at the Opera House Motor parts market. I should think all these parts would be available as easily in Delhi too, W123s were very popular cars. Please try Delhi as it would be easier and closer for you from Jaipur.
Old 29th September 2010, 20:55   #939
BHPian

Thanks V-16 for your prompt reply. Well, I have worn out my shoes roaming all around Opera House and practically the entire Chor Bazaar multi-times for W123 spares. It came as a nasty shock when I found out that the prices of new parts at Opera House (at City Motors and nearby shops) are phenomenally expensive and rarely available, not to mention the disinterest and unpleasant frowns of the shop owners at the mere mention of the W123!

The almost unanimous answer is to leave my list with them along with a token advance, asking me to call up in a few days to confirm. Pathetic...

Could you kindly PM me any contact info of particular shops where I could go? Or if you could give me links to contact W123 owners here at T-Bhp. Any leads to Delhi shops will help bigtime.

P.S. I also need hubcaps (preferably the full set of four) at a SANE price! Anyone who have switched over to Magwheels and have the hubcaps to be given away?
Old 29th September 2010, 21:18   #940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVE HER(ALD)! View Post
Could you kindly PM me any contact info of particular shops where I could go? Or if you could give me links to contact W123 owners here at T-Bhp. Any leads to Delhi shops will help bigtime.
Howdy LOVE HER(ALD), I've sent you a PM, with contact info of a mechanic, and general handyman, who keeps my W124 going at a relatively moderate cost. But do exercise caution as per your own sensibilities and don't just go by my recommendation. Test him out first, with a pilot task, if you wish and use your better judgement thereafter.

Best,

Prabal
Old 29th September 2010, 21:30   #941
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVE HER(ALD)! View Post
Thanks V-16 for your prompt reply. Well, I have worn out my shoes roaming all around Opera House and practically the entire Chor Bazaar multi-times for W123 spares. It came as a nasty shock when I found out that the prices of new parts at Opera House (at City Motors and nearby shops) are phenomenally expensive and rarely available, not to mention the disinterest and unpleasant frowns of the shop owners at the mere mention of the W123!

The almost unanimous answer is to leave my list with them along with a token advance, asking me to call up in a few days to confirm. Pathetic...

P.S. I also need hubcaps (preferably the full set of four) at a SANE price! Anyone who have switched over to Magwheels and have the hubcaps to be given away?
hi love herald i just got tierod ends ball joints draglink spring pads idlearm bush all lemforder for 11 595 from hari automobiles mumbai i dont think any difficulty in getting parts beware of some brand which have not heard of insist atleast FEBI its not that bad
Old 29th September 2010, 22:42   #942
BHPian

Dear Love Herald- You are truly scaring me now. I thought even the smallest part of W123s were available. I had a time searching for a friends W140 (even with All India Spares, who are dealers of benz parts), but it was a W140 so it can be understood. Please post pictures of your car. W123 is one of my favorite mercedes around.
Old 29th September 2010, 22:54   #943
Distinguished - BHPian

@IndrojitSirCar_ That's a nice W126 you got ther, but am with others,the paintjob doesn't fit it.
The best for a W126 will be a Beige colour(personal).
Also the tyre seem a bit white wallish to me.
some interior pics please.
Old 30th September 2010, 12:19   #944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
LoveHerald, each and every part is available ex shop in Bombay at the Opera House Motor parts market. I should think all these parts would be available as easily in Delhi too, W123s were very popular cars. Please try Delhi as it would be easier and closer for you from Jaipur.
Jayesh of All India is also good. Genuine parts. But you pay top dollar. Most of my 124 parts are sourced from him. Balance comes from Amarjit in Delhi. He has a store in that market opposite the Hyatt Regency. Sorry forgot the name of the shop as well as the market. Our Delhi guys will definitely know

Amarjit is the total jugaad fellow though. If you cant get it anywhere, he will get it for you
Old 30th September 2010, 13:45   #945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperial.s.a View Post
hi love herald i just got tierod ends ball joints draglink spring pads idlearm bush all lemforder for 11 595 from hari automobiles mumbai i dont think any difficulty in getting parts beware of some brand which have not heard of insist atleast FEBI its not that bad
Any contact information of Hari Automobiles, please? It appears your list of spares is very similar to mine, so I am highly hopeful of finding my parts there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks