Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2010, 22:52   #16
Senior - BHPian

Fabulous drive on a sleepy Sunday, felt really lazy to get out of bed and get the car out of the cover, but I am glad I did. Considering we had only had a day to coordinate the drive 8 cars was a great turnout.

Thanks to the Kasliwal brothers for keeping it together till the D-day. One of a kind Packard. Yash your Desoto is a family jewel amazing in original paint, upholstery and wiring. So is Dnyanesh Samant's beautiful cream coloured ponton- a one owner car bought by his family new from the showroom. One had to hear to believe Santaji's VW engines, just purring away to glory. Last but not least Ravi's superselect represented the FCCCI mumbai chapter in all glory.

As for me I was initially slated to get down my Rover but could'nt miss the opportunity of doing a diesel vs Petrol shootout with Dnyanesh's 180 ala Autocar style. Thanks for all the lovely pictures of the two cars together guys.
Old 29th March 2010, 07:42   #17
BHPian

Absolutely great photos, of some great cars. Made me feel warm all over and would have loved to have shared a Sunday morning "Cruse" with all of you.

Some day I would like to be able to photograph SuperSelect's and my Fiat together, Twin brother and Sister. In the interim l will see if I can photo shop them together.

The Desoto is indeed remarkable!
I would request that a separate thread be started profiling and documenting cars in original condition here in India with the Desoto kicking things off.

"Cruise" events in North America are a big and regular happenings, some I have attended have had over 100 cars participate. There are three weekly Cruses in the Toronto area that are such a pleasure to
see, always new cars and an opportunity to meet and get to know other enthusiasts.

You might consider a First Sunday of the Month Cruse with a central meeting place with a big parking lot and eating place. Once the word gets out, I think you would be surprised how many cars will show up.

Looking forward to more posts.
Old 29th March 2010, 08:43   #18
Team-BHP Support

Great going guys. This is how all Classic car meets should be. Way to go!!
Old 29th March 2010, 16:50   #19
Senior - BHPian

Great Event, Great Cars, Keep it up. I Missed this, and am wondering if youll keep this on Sundays how do I make it. I am not in town on weekends.
This must go on though. Fantastic concept, keep it up.
Old 29th March 2010, 17:57   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Yash's Desoto is still in original paint, apholstry and wireing. Looks like a million bucks even today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Yash your Desoto is a family jewel amazing in original paint, upholstery and wiring. So is Dnyanesh Samant's beautiful cream coloured ponton- a one owner car bought by his family new from the showroom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by john a milne View Post
The Desoto is indeed remarkable!
I would request that a separate thread be started profiling and documenting cars in original condition here in India with the Desoto kicking things off.
Yash, can you confirm that your DeSoto has never even had an overcoat? If so, that really is astounding the way it has preserved. Do share some interior photos as well.
Old 29th March 2010, 17:59   #21
Senior - BHPian

Apparently in Yash's DeSoto, even the Chrome is original.
Old 29th March 2010, 20:04   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Is it a one family owned car ?
Old 29th March 2010, 20:30   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Yes it is. I asked him this question and he confirmed that his family has owned it since new. The Cream colored Ponton owned by Dnyanesh Samant is also single family owned alebit that has gone through an extensive restoration.

Kasli declare dates for the next drive soon, must pack in atleast two before the monsoon.
Old 29th March 2010, 20:34   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
Great Event, Great Cars, Keep it up. I Missed this, and am wondering if youll keep this on Sundays how do I make it. I am not in town on weekends.
This must go on though. Fantastic concept, keep it up.
We missed you too Scooby uncle. The drive wound up by 10:15am and later ones would include either a brunch or lunch depending on the time. You had mentioned you are on family duty on Sundays, but we do not have any other free day except for a sunday. We could do a night drive once a month but i do not know how many people would come for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Yash, can you confirm that your DeSoto has never even had an overcoat? If so, that really is astounding the way it has preserved. Do share some interior photos as well.
He is a member of our forum too YashRuia with his black Mg Tc. According to what i could gather his car has not been overcoated and it has the original chrome too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Yes you are right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
The car i believe has seen one owner before Yash's family bought the car in the 60's.
Old 29th March 2010, 23:53   #25
BHPian

Good cars, good friends and beautiful photographs. This thread has got it all What else does one need ? It was a blissful experience going through each photograph in detail.

Regard,
Adheesh Parelkar
Old 30th March 2010, 00:09   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Kasli declare dates for the next drive soon, must pack in atleast two before the monsoon.
The fiat club meet would be on the 4th and there is rumour of the Vintage car rally finally to be held on the 11th as mentioned by Bulldogji. So the drive would be as slated after both these events.
Old 30th March 2010, 00:12   #27

Who is Bulldogji?
Old 30th March 2010, 00:15   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Who is Bulldogji?
Mr. H. Cama, a renowned collector of some very rare Vintages in Mumbai.
Old 30th March 2010, 00:17   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Who is Bulldogji?
Mr.H.C.,the man with the best maintained cars in my and alot of eyes. Hope someday he joins us for the drives as he is known to drive them everyday.

Last edited by speedy : 30th March 2010 at 00:20.
Old 30th March 2010, 12:26   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Karl, You raising a question like this?! See the door/fender corners.
Astounding car, the best a Desoto can be today, But, The car Has had to Have a recoat IMO. The chrome is Original but has been removed and refitted. Rear right fender and running board chromes have also been repaired.
Fantastic car, No One can Dispute.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks