Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2012, 11:45   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Classic Drive Thread. (Mumbai)

The Chevy Pickup indeed looks amazing, great paint job and lovely chrome finish. I feel a nice set of whitewal tires and hub caps would have made it a real looker !

Is it a straight six or a V8

I also noticed there is a Lancia BMF 6393 in the event, is it an Appia ? who owns it, looks really nice !
Old 5th February 2012, 15:36   #152
Senior - BHPian

Love all the car, beetles, triumph, sunbeam, mint and many more but the Chevy Pickup is a standout, American Pickup trucks are to die for, there was a time when I wanted to convert the Fiat 1100 into a Pickup.

This pickup must be originally running of straight 6 (around 1950 -1952)
Old 5th February 2012, 16:32   #153
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Superb turnout !! Love the Beetles. This is such a lovely way to enjoy these cars
Old 5th February 2012, 22:40   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
I also noticed there is a Lancia BMF 6393 in the event, is it an Appia ? who owns it, looks really nice !
It's a Flaminia Sports Zagato and IMO the best looking post war car in India!

Can we have more pics of the Lancia, I go week at the knees every time I see this car
vagu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2012, 10:01   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagu View Post
It's a Flaminia Sports Zagato and IMO the best looking post war car in India!

Can we have more pics of the Lancia, I go week at the knees every time I see this car
Agree, a real jewel ! Owner is blessed .....
Old 6th February 2012, 20:24   #156
Distinguished - BHPian

The pickup has indeed turned out very well. I think she has been with the family from new, and I used to see it as a kid in black colour. She even attended an event in Pune many years back.

The Lancia is truly breathtaking in the flesh - to see her on the move is something else altogether!
Old 7th February 2012, 13:43   #157
Senior - BHPian

Really Beautiful Cars.

I am sad in that I just missed two super events in Mumbai (other being the Super Cras). Had I known about these I would have scheduled my visit to coincide with this.

The Chevy Pickup - is simply superb.

KD you look real smart next to the PU.

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
Old 7th February 2012, 22:20   #158
Senior - BHPian

Harit, I think you got it wrong the idea of the drive is to meet in good harmony and spirit and not for being criticized.

Also in case of VCCCI footing the bill it was in regards to the club and change of plan was as per old system of going Dutch which was pre decided anyways. The places in mumbai are far and scarce and where we feel safe a tad bit would be appreciated as they take care of the cars and provide some kind of security

as stated earlier you are the boss on these things !! so do take the lead for the future

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
I wanted to put up a few pictures which I took during the drive.
I was very impressed with a new arrival, the Chevy Pick-up. The guy could not wait for the regular rally to introduce his car. See the pics.
Such pick-ups are relatively rare in India, though there are two Fords with V-8 engines lying in and around Mumbai waiting to be restored.

We lined up at the Bandra end of the sealink, others came near Worli Dairy. After crossing the bridge we stopped near the Dairy, crowding the area. But we soon set of into town. Traffic was light, weather was cool, so wonderful. Only we did not where we were headed, Nariman Point was not visited. The leader of the pack drove around in circles and then led us to Woodhouse Inn, his ears must have been ringing from the number of calls he received asking for directions.
After going up, down and again up, we finally settled down for refrehments and breakfast. The orders took too long in coming, upto an hour but finally we were done and dispersed.
Cars were parked along the road opposite to Regal cinema and the street scene was quite period, made a nice picture. Some pictures I took through the Woodside Inn window.
Some of us were surprised to see sudden VCCCI involvement, no one I asked had received a message from VCCCI for "their" event, VCCCI was present with some cars and personalities, but not in organisation of the event. We did get a scare though when some understood that VCCCI footed the bill, eventually each table had a host who graciously cleared for a particular table. Thanks to them.
Next time we have a drive, we should do a few things differently. We should assemble at a larger and secluded (on a Sunday/holiday) place like Sealing Bandra end or maybe better still at BKC, and we should inform all the route in advance. That way no calls will come asking directions and no one needs to break/jump signals. Also, perhaps the food place can be fixed in advance and they be informed so that they are ready for all us. I expect even more participation at the next city drive.
I am looking forward to the next event, whoever organises it.

Cheers harit
Old 8th February 2012, 10:28   #159
Senior - BHPian

Can someone post some detailed pictures of the Lancia please ??? What is its history.
Old 8th February 2012, 16:31   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif
Can someone post some detailed pictures of the Lancia please ??? What is its history.
Wasif there was a nice report on the lancia in auto India about two months ago will scan and send it to you. Pm me your email regards amol
the mole is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2012, 21:19   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Wasif there was a nice report on the lancia in auto India about two months ago will scan and send it to you. Pm me your email regards amol
I put this link up some time ago when I came across it.

1956 Lancia Flaminia - Zagata beat

Unfortunately that and some old pictures on my Faster789 photographs thread are all I have. I haven't seen the car in the company of a camera is many, many years. She's looking good in these pictures though (noticed a hubcap missing - Bombay potholes no doubt.).

I'd be interested to see what the AutoIndia article is though and whether someone actually managed to report on the car accurately given the details the link above provides. Can someone post it?

Does anyone know what carburettors it is running? The range used both Solexs and Webers through it's lifetime.
Old 10th February 2012, 13:04   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster789 View Post

I'd be interested to see what the AutoIndia article is though and whether someone actually managed to report on the car accurately given the details the link above provides. Can someone post it?
Hi, Team Bhp policy does not allow one to post scanned articles from Indian Publications, but I will email a scanned copy to any one who PM's Me their email id on the weekend. regards
Old 7th April 2012, 23:08   #163
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys,

Planning another drive before the monsoon and peak summer. So next sunday 15th April from the sealink around 8 am and head to nariman point and some breakfast at any place with parking and shade. Disperse by 11 am so that mid noon heat does not strike us down. Let me know who all in.

Cheers
Old 8th April 2012, 09:33   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasli
Hi guys,

Planning another drive before the monsoon and peak summer. So next sunday 15th April from the sealink around 8 am and head to nariman point and some breakfast at any place with parking and shade. Disperse by 11 am so that mid noon heat does not strike us down. Let me know who all in.

Cheers
I am always in:-) good write up on the mahableshwar run.
Old 11th April 2012, 13:37   #165
Senior - BHPian

Could we at least have a Quorum for the drive suggested for 15th May. Fiat guys are I think of for a drive also as I was told but un sure .

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks