Team-BHP - The "I Booked my Car" Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   What Car? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/)
-   -   The "I Booked my Car" Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/89063-i-booked-my-car-thread-12.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderlustindia (Post 1523751)
Well, if I went for an exchange I was promised INR 15000 as exchange bonus, the cheque for which they generally dispatch after some period of time after the new vehicle is delivered. This is loyalty bonus since I own a Ford Ikon. I just need to produce a copy of the RC to the dealer. For this they offered me INR 7500 as loyalty discount/bonus.

+

Thanks for the info, Rajesh. I reckon Mr. Sagar (the sales guy at Talera) will call me up when the vehicle arrives at their godown in Wagholi.

+
Thanks, to clarify - I did not exchange my old car to ford dealer, instead I sold her locally and got a better price. STill they promised to give that exchange bonus of Rs.10000 (may be it will come after 15days or so but still it is worth);)

Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderlustindia (Post 1523751)
Thanks for the info, Rajesh. I reckon Mr. Sagar (the sales guy at Talera) will call me up when the vehicle arrives at their godown in Wagholi.

Subhash, even my sales guy was Mr. Sagar, make sure He calls you, He is too slow in follow up once you book the car, anyway one of my distant relative is Service Manager at Service Centre, He helped me lot, if you need any help please PM me, I'll pass on his name and number.
All the Best and Happy Waiting.

Make : Maruti Suzuki
Model : Swift
Variant : VDI
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : Saturday, 26th September 2009
Color : Azure Grey
Expected Delivery Date : 2 Months waiting, trying hard to get the delivery soon.
Dealer & City : Competent, Moti Nagar, Delhi
Freebies : Floor mats, Gear Lock

Loan is processed and approved.

Modifications Planned from showroom:

Remote Locking
Under Chasis Coating

Outside Modifications:

Tyre upgrade : 195/60 R15 Options Yokohama A.Drive and Mischellin Primacy

Alloy wheels : HR 15” (will select the design on the spot)

Music System : (Budget 30K)
HU : Pioneer/Kenwood
Front Comp : Illusion Front Components
Amp : Ground Zero / JBL
Sub : Ground Zero / JBL
(Rear Speakers depends on budget.)

Sunfilm : 3M/Garware
Seat Covers : Art Leather

Suggestions welcome!!!

Wait of delivery is making me crazy day by day…:Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyP (Post 1524198)
Make : Maruti Suzuki
Wait of delivery is making me crazy day by day…:Frustrati

Hi,

Congrats for booking Swift D.

I too belongs to the same league!, had booked 2 months back and still waiting!. I really lost patience today and visited Dealer. Now they do not have any idea, when it can be delivered!!.

Started thinking about other options, if I can cancel the loan :Frustrati

Anyway all the best to you and wish you could get the car ASAP.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajswiftvdi (Post 1525418)
Hi,

Congrats for booking Swift D.

I too belongs to the same league!, had booked 2 months back and still waiting!. I really lost patience today and visited Dealer. Now they do not have any idea, when it can be delivered!!.

Started thinking about other options, if I can cancel the loan :Frustrati

Anyway all the best to you and wish you could get the car ASAP.

+

You need not to cancel the loan, incase you look for another car
(In anycase you may need a loan?). YOu can send a letter to the bank
stating that you are cancelling the booking and going for other car which details you will provide latter and till then they should not disburse the funds. Incase you have taken the loan through maruti dealer arrangement then you need to cancel the loan as well as car and approach other bank afresh (this is only my understanding).

about 7 years back, I booked Maruti Esteem Vxi with one of the maruti dealer in Chennai (I was settled in chennai then). Loan arranged by myself through private financiar. I was promised that the car will be delivered to me within 15 days from the booking date but even after 15days they kept postponing saying that shortage of black color hence the delay. I had done some investigation and found that the dealer is trying to push other color which they have in stock. I got fed up and send them a cancellation letter with a copy to finance company (they in the meantime disbursed the loan amount to the dealer, without my permission) to get refund of the amount immediately.

In the meantime, Hyundai dealer was ready to delver black color hyundai accent within 2 days so I made all arrangements and booked the car and send a fax letter to the finance company to pay the loan amount to hyundai dealer. All went smoothly, and 3rd day morning I got the car delivered at my home.

I got the refund of booking amount from maruti and then I fought with finance company to refund the extra interest they charged when the money was with the maruti dealer - eventually I managed to get it.

So, what I am trying to explain is that Loan's once sanctioned for a particular car can be switched for another car, if necessary.

Thanks

HI
I have been a member of the group for the last 5 years and have been following the discussions here.
However this is my first post.

Currently I have a Honda City ( 2005) andI wa on the lookout for another car. I have done some extensive reading on this forum and based on the feedback, comments and experiences of other memebers here as well as my own personal preference I have booked the Toyota Altis 1.8G on the 7th of October.

I had initially wanted a 2.8GL but the dealer informed me that there was no stck and would take more than a month for delivery. The1.8 G would be de;ivered in about 10 days time. I expect the car to be delivered on the 19th of Oct
I had a test drive and liked the car for city driving. Thesealer experience has so far been impressive as against Honda.

I have had quality problems since purchase of my City and therefore the Civic was never in my radar. The company was never really bothered to address my complaints and I ;lost all faith in Honda.

After deliver will post a detailed note of my first impressions and also snaps.

Color requestd was Sliver

Cheers and Happy Diwal

Ramesh

Though technically I have not yet booked my car, I have booked the process to book the car. clap:

Ok, to make myself clear, I have used the lease option in my company to book my first, first hand, car. :)

I have booked a, hold on to yer horses, Gala Red Tata Indica Vista Aura Safire(P). Whew, what a mouthful. I hope I have made the correct decision and one that I wont regret later. I loved the size and the comfort of the Vista, and I enjoyed the smoothness and refinement of the engine. Granted that it is not a Verna engine, I think the 1.2 should serve my needs well enough.

Just a day after I booked it, I got the news that the 2nd anniversary version was out. I would have liked the leather interiors, but I am not too keen on the white exterior. So, although I was initially disappointed that I booked a day earlier, I am fine with it now and I am happy that I saved the 30k for better things.

No aftermarket fitments planned for as that would void my leaseplan contract. But then it has everything for my needs and I wouldn't want to add something to it - the reason why I went for the Aura version. Probably a keyless entry would be the only extra thing needed.

The only problem with lease plans are that I cannot bargain for dealer fitted accessories since they do all the talking with the dealers. However I got a huge bargain in the form of a 20 grand cash discount which I might not have got if I went myself.

I suppose all is well that ends well and I just have to figure out how to get that keyless in without voiding my contract.

Hi all

i20 Black Diamond booked Mid sep.

Every day & night dreaming of it.
I'm soaked with reviews, mod news, ICEing, wallpapers, love stories - more more n much more.
Still Dreaming of it.

14th Oct is the delivery. Just cant wait !!!:Cheering:

Make : Hyundai
Model : i20
Variant : Magna
Fuel :Petrol
Booking Date : Sep 09
Color : Black Diamond
Expected Delivery Date : 14th Oct 09
Dealer & City : Advaith , Bangalore

(missed the format)

Excited and very highly excited .

Make : Chevrolet
Model : CRUZE
Variant : LTZ
Booking Date :8th october
Color : White
Expected Delivery Date : 22nd october
Dealer & City : Unique automobiles, Kolhapur
Freebies : None

I am excited to own this car!!

Make : Hyundai
Model : i20
Variant : Asta 1.2
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 1st September 2009
Color : Metallic Dark Grey
Expected Delivery Date : delivered ( 7 /10 /2009 )
Dealer & City : Sharayu Hyundai, juinagar, Navi Mumbai
Freebies : Anti Rust coating (worth 3.5k)
Others : none

Make : Ford
Model : Fiesta 1.4 Duratorq
Variant : SVP (Limited Edition)
Booking Date : Thursday, 8th October 2009
Color : Paprica Red
Expected Delivery Date : AS soon as my loan get sanctioned
Dealer & City : Metro Ford, Bangalore
Freebies : Floor mats, dicky mat
Others : 3 years/120000 kms extended warranty + 2 years/30000 kms

I booked my Ford Fiesta yesterday

Model : Petrol 1.6 SXI
Dealer : Lathangi Ford
Colour: Sea Grey
Expected delivery date: 27th Oct
Cost: 7.54 L OTR (I got a special supplier pricing as my wife works for an OEM of Ford)
Freebies : None (free insurance offer not valid on supplier pricing)

Quote:

Originally Posted by nag20in (Post 1528330)
Make : Ford
Model : Fiesta 1.4 Duratorq
Variant : SVP (Limited Edition)
Booking Date : Thursday, 8th October 2009
Color : Paprica Red
Expected Delivery Date : AS soon as my loan get sanctioned
Dealer & City : Metro Ford, Bangalore
Freebies : Floor mats, dicky mat
Others : 3 years/120000 kms extended warranty + 2 years/30000 kms

+
Hai..Congratulations!
One more fiesta
Welcome to the Fiesta clubclap:

Hope you will get the car very soon
Cheers

Booked Alto Xcite for my cousin yesterday - Ecru beige. Delivery expected on 21-Oct-09. Shopping experience was not the best - considering that sales guys were more keen to sell Alto Lxi than Xcite.

Kalyani on mysore road was dealing with my cousin in very nice way till I entered the scene like a villain. Sales guy had added a long list for my cousin to buy. I literally threw away sales guy's list of accessories proposed like after sales power windows, spoiler etc., Once I asked for xcite and stuck to decision to buy xcite - he was totally disinterested and told if we need that car we better book same day (without looking at car nor his inventory/shipment). All other freebies promised with alto lxi (like sun film, body cover, steering grip) were not valid on xcite. We walked out as we thought we will deliberate a bit and shop around a little more.

On my recommendation we went to mandovi (I had bought my zen in 2001 from them).
Sales folks who first attended had never heard of Alto xcite. Then we made few phone calls to get hold of known/good/reputed sales guy there. He came in - and he knew there was a new car in market with original manager signed price tag of the car in his hand. It was yet to get into their consolidated price list. No brochures or any further info other than price and name of car which we anyway knew. No freebies whatsoever. Only company offered 15k discount with corporate discount of 2k.
Sales guy literally shooed us away once we started talking about booking / delivery date of alto xcite. As I was walking out I mentioned to the sales rep - mandovi had changed a lot from the days of my dealing with them, as he did not even bother to get our numbers/names to follow up. In fact, whole experience of about 15mins in mandovi was quite hilarious that me and my cousin were fuming and laughing at same time.

Next, walked into Kalyani on bannerghatta road, stunned by the sales rep and GM there who not only spoke to us nicely, provided brochures and other details of car - but also confirmed number of cars in transit and when delivery can be expected. Usual freebies with sunfilm (lumar), steering grip, body cover were promised with possible delivery date of 21st Oct (may vary by a day or two if truck doesnt arrive on time due to floods or any other unavoidable circumstance). overall good buying experience.

But even after all that (while my cousin is happy dreaming about his new car) - I am still fuming about Mandovi guy. I mean, sales guy just cannot deal with customer like that.

Make : Maruti
Model : Alto
Variant : Xcite
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : Monday, 13th October 2009
Color : Ecru biege
Expected Delivery Date : 21-Oct
Dealer & City : Kalyani, Bannerghatta Road, bangalore
Freebies : Floor mats, idol, perfume, steering grip, body cover, sun film (lumar)