Team-BHP - The "I Booked my Car" Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   What Car? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/)
-   -   The "I Booked my Car" Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/89063-i-booked-my-car-thread-295.html)

It is good to know that like few other Jeep lovers you booked Compass auto . It is no doubt a very good vehicle but according to me if you are going for a Compass ,ignoring other run of the mill pseudo SUV,s then diesel compass is a better and the one to go for car. It is much better to drive, plus the more you pay over petrol will easily be compensated in fuel efficiency and better resale.

Agree, as the prices gap has reduced significantly between Diesel and petrol it made more sense for me to buy the Petrol. Besides, there were no major discount on the Diesel. Also, cost of maintenance will be bit less for petrol I feel.

Make : TATA
Model : Harrier
Variant : XZA+
Booking Date: 29th August 2020
Color : Sparkle Cocoa
Expected Delivery Date : 10th September 2020
Dealer & City : Varenyam Motors, Bhopal
Additional : 3 year Pentacare unlimited warranty
OTR : 23,45,000/-
Freebies : None
Others : None

Posting this late, did not get a chance to post here since I had booked the new car due to personal reasons.

Make : Hyundai
Model : Venue
Variant : SX 1.5 Diesel MT, BS6
Booking Date: 27th July 2020
Color : Titan Grey
Expected Delivery Date : 20th August 2020
Dealer & City : Lakshmi Hyundai, Hope Farm, Whitefield, Bangalore
Additional : 4th year warranty
OTR : 12,14,000/-
Others : 13,000/- cash discount after a lot of negotiations.

Note : The car was finally delivered on 31st August, 2020, with a lot of follow ups and warnings to cancel the booking if delayed further.

Make: Hyundai
Model: Creta
Variant: 1.5 IVT
Color: Red Mulberry.
Fuel: Petrol
Booking Date: 18.09.2020
Expected Delivery Date: Expected delivery on 18.10.2020
Dealer & City: Saini Hyundai, Alipore Kolkata
Freebies: Foot mats and idol.
Others: Insurance- Planning to get from outside if the dealer is not able to match the quote.

Model: Creta
Variant: 1.5 IVT
Color: Polar White.
Fuel: Petrol
Booking Date: 21.09.2020
Expected Delivery Date: 3 months!!! (Refused to take delivery after 15 Nov and would push it to 2021 then)
Dealer & City: Modi Hyundai, Mumbai
Freebies: None as of now, but they've just promised that they'll look after me !!! (not inspiring confidence at all)
Others: Insurance- Got a quote from Acko and they've again verbally promised to match it. It's 35K less from their 70K quote!

Make: Kia
Model: Seltos
Variant: GTX+ 1.5 diesel AT
Color: Aurora Black Pearl
Fuel: Diesel
Booking Date: 24.09.2020
Expected Delivery Date: End of October
Dealer & City: Crystal Auto, Pashan
Freebies: Zilch, nada, big-oh :D
Others: Insurance- Getting from outside

Quote:

Originally Posted by noopster (Post 4894497)
Model: Seltos
Variant: GTX+ 1.5 diesel AT

Congratulations clap:
Time to change your signature :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by noopster (Post 4894497)
——
Others: Insurance- Getting from outside

Congratulations Noop! Excellent choice, I have not tried the diesel but loved the petrol DCT. You should consider PPF wrap, it’s expensive but will be worthwhile to keep it looking new in the long term.

Quote:

Originally Posted by D'Ro@dSt@r (Post 4761655)
I finally took the plunge and did the pre-booking of the New Creta 2020 after the reveal of the same during the Auto expo

Make : Hyundai
Model : All-new Creta 2020
Variant : SX (O)
Fuel : 1.4 L Turbo Petrol
Booking Date : 09/02/2020
Color : Mulberry Red or Polar White
Expected Delivery Date : April 2020
Accessories Planned: None
Price : Rs 17L ex-showroom (tentative)
Booking Amount : Rs 10,000/- (fully refundable)

Update on my booking
Finally decided on moving ahead with the booking. Was waiting all the while to see the entire virus episode getting over, but I guess it will be a part of the life going forward. Another trigger was the amount of repairs required on my current ride (8Yr old i20) :Frustrati
Variant: SX(O) Turbo Petrol DCT
Color: Lava Orange - Dual Tone
Freebies: None
Insurance: Taking it from outside
Accessories planned: Will Get off those shoddy Grey alloys, 7D mats, PPF/Ceramic coating
Expected Delivery: Nov 1st week (Tentative)

This is my first post on this thread!:)

Model: Verna 2020
Variant: SX
Fuel: Petrol (G 1.5)
Transmission: IVT
Colour: Starry Night (dark blue)
Booking date: 27.09.2020
Booking amount: 25,000
Dealer & City: Sai Auto, Mumbai
Freebies: Floor Mats and mud flaps
Accessories: Leather seats and LED lights (got a heavy discount on both!)
Accessories planned: Ambient multicolor mood lighting and 3D mats from a good friend's Accessory store
Discounts: Negotiated and got 10,500 off on leather seats and LEDs (got one for almost free!). Additionally saved 5000 from here and there.
Expected delivery date: 20.10.2020
On-road Price: 14,30,000

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dieseltuned (Post 4877829)
Thank you,

I am on contemplating the same variant and this will surely be helpful as a benchmark. Did you go for the AMC/extended warranty ?

Regards
Ritesh

Not yet, this option of AMC/EW is open till 3rd free service so will look ahead for opting or not

With so much of attention to the 'Thar' threads, I am hoping that the 'I booked my car' thread should light up.

It will be a good thread to see which ones ( Petrol/Diesel/MT/AT/AX/LX) are getting the money. Will also be a good place to see which Colour is more in demand.

Just a day to go!.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nazaar25 (Post 4897245)
This is my first post on this thread!:)

Hi Nazaar,
What prompted you to choose the Verna petrol over the new City. Sailing in a similar boat verna backseat is the major downer compared to the city for me. Otherwise would have chosen verna eyes closed. Eager to know the rationale.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrozeninTime (Post 4849306)
Make : HONDA
Model : CITY
====
Through I have booked V MT but heart says to go for VX MT. I am bit scared of buying car with sunroof as I fear the glass may shatter if a tree branch falls or a dog jumps.

Hi, can you share the details of the full on-road price charged including Insurance, accessories etc? Thanks!