Team-BHP - The "I Booked my Car" Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   What Car? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/)
-   -   The "I Booked my Car" Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/89063-i-booked-my-car-thread-74.html)

Hi Friends,

Yesterday i booked Maruti Swift VDi ABS, pearl white color with RKS Motors, Hyderabad. The waiting period is 6 months, but requested the GM for faster delivery through know sources. Need your suggestions on it before taking the delivery and what precautions and care to be taken.

Also if you can suggest on some accessories which will be of use going forward.

Chevrolet Tavera
Neo2 B3
Moonbeam white.
Delivery promised in two weeks.
Dealer: Anamalais, coimbatore.
booking amount: Rs.10k
Approximate on-road price: 8.5 Lakh.

Waited for the CRDi version, but the 2 litre Rhino sourced engine isn't as useful as the isuzu 4AJ1.

Scorpio LX was considered, but ruled out for lack of space and UV is to be chauffeur driven most of the time.
Innova is not sturdy enough for the rough-roads(IMO).

Obviously, an used model would have suited well, but couldn't get one in market.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suresh Hari (Post 2071612)
Finally, after a lot of confusion (ANHC v Vento) and a bit of coaxing from the wife, went ahead and booked the ANHC.

I went with the saying "A known devil is better than an unknown Angel"

Nice quote. Any other reason why you booked the Vento? Guess your input/experience should go to the Vento thread :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by anujmishra (Post 2071475)
For me it is not Sedan to SUV it is Maruti 800 to SUV :D. Safari LX at Bangalore after discount around 9,15,500 approx. Thanks to killer road tax in Karnataka.

Congrats! Any offers? Do get extended warranty. Also, can you check with them about AMC ?

Congrats.
Quote:

Originally Posted by rnidumolu (Post 2071883)
Check this below. ZeRo is able to get it in 1day:Shockked:

Maybe the dealer had one in stock?

@ramzsys; is the new Tavera launch confirmed and any idea about price?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 2074033)
Congrats! Any offers? Do get extended warranty. Also, can you check with them about AMC ?

I got Sunfilm and Reverse Parking Sensor along with basic accessories in deal and some corporate and standard discounts. Yes, I am getting extended warranty (2 Years) for Rs. 7K and AMC for 3.4K. I opted for AMC as my yearly drive would not be more than 15 - 17K.

jkdas, i got no information on the actual launch. But my preference is long term ownership so booked the isuzu motor. IMO, Chevy cant charge a premium for a home-grown engine.

Booked an A-Star (AT) yesterday for the in-laws. Actually, the previous Estilo booking was changed to A-Star. 25 days min delivery period quoted in Kerala for A*-AT. Onroad price comes to ~4.65lakhs, after discounts.

Fiat Grande Punto
1.2 Emotion
Bossa Nova White.
Booked on 22 September
Registration on 28 September
I'm taking Delivery on October 1st.
Dealer: Concorde Motors, Diary Circle, Bangalore.
booking amount: Rs 48k (min 25k)
Approximate on-road price: 5.6 Lakh.

Since my mileage is not too much, i was not particular about the fuel. After lot of debate over Punto petrol and figo diesel, me and my wife along with my family voted for the European quality, Italian looks, and the features.

This happens to be our first marriage anniversary gift.
Gifted by us for ourselves :)

Is there a way to track the arrival of the car at the dealers ? ie. other than trusting the dealer's word. I don't want the car to be used as a TD car by the sales-guys, since I know that they don't have an AT demo car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by supremeBaleno (Post 2082059)
Is there a way to track the arrival of the car at the dealers ? ie. other than trusting the dealer's word. I don't want the car to be used as a TD car by the sales-guys, since I know that they don't have an AT demo car.

For now none of the dealers or for that matter car manufacturers have an online tracking system. The only alternative is to believe the dealer.

For now if you see any A-Star AT on the roads, get hold of the dealer's collar for sure.:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arjun1010 (Post 2073389)
Hi Friends,

Yesterday i booked Maruti Swift VDi ABS, pearl white color with RKS Motors, Hyderabad. The waiting period is 6 months, but requested the GM for faster delivery through know sources. Need your suggestions on it before taking the delivery and what precautions and care to be taken.

Also if you can suggest on some accessories which will be of use going forward.

Holy cow, 6 months waiting period for a Swift. Were you aware of the waiting period before you booked. I think you defintely had some options before booking the car. I dont think its worth that wait.

Seriouly friend would suggest you to cancel the booking and search for alternatives. There are many options available. Just my opinion.

Thanks! I booked the ANHC not the Vento. Although I had my heart set on the Vento I went ahead with the ANHC after a lot of debate with my better half. I have no regrets though and I'm eagerly waiting for the delivery of my Tafeta white ANHC this Monday :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemanth.anand (Post 2080472)
Fiat Grande Punto
1.2 Emotion
Bossa Nova White.
Booked on 22 September
Registration on 28 September
I'm taking Delivery on October 1st.
Dealer: Concorde Motors, Diary Circle, Bangalore.
booking amount: Rs 48k (min 25k)
Approximate on-road price: 5.6 Lakh.

Congrats on the booking mate and welcome to the Fiat Family:thumbs up

Make : VW
Model : New Beetle
Variant : 2.0 ltr Automatic
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 24th Sep 2010
Color : Candy White
Expected Delivery Date : 15th Oct 2010
Dealer & City : VW Raipur, Varda projects
Freebies : Insurance
Accessories: Tailgate Spoiler (IBL), Twin Exhaust, Body Cover, Rear sun shield.
Booking Amt: 5L
On Road: 25.3L

Make : FIAT
Model : PUNTO
Variant : 90 HP
Fuel : DIESEL
Booking Date : 25th Sep 2010
Color : BOSSA NOVA WHITE
Expected Delivery Date : Any time when loan is ready
Dealer & City : CONCORDE MOTORS,COCHIN
Freebies : Free RSA,Free Extended warranty,9 k corporate Discount,5k Exchange bonus
Accessories: Under body painting(5 y warranty),Teflon coating,Steering cover,Neck rest,Rubber Mats,Mud Flaps.
Booking Amt: 5k
On Road: 7.41l

Quote:

Originally Posted by tushar_lalsan (Post 2084298)
Make : VW
Model : New Beetle
Variant : 2.0 ltr Automatic
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 24th Sep 2010
Color : Candy White
Expected Delivery Date : 15th Oct 2010
Dealer & City : VW Raipur, Varda projects
Freebies : Insurance
Accessories: Tailgate Spoiler (IBL), Twin Exhaust, Body Cover, Rear sun shield.
Booking Amt: 5L
On Road: 25.3L

Nice. So now you will have two bugs. :D
Hope to read a nice ownership review of the bug. Probably the first on team-bhp.