Team-BHP > What Car?

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2016, 15:06   #3436
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Also, which Insurance did you go with? My dealer is saying they (or Ford) has cashless only with Bajaj Allianz, Iffco Tokio, Royal Sundaram and New India.
You should also get a quote from Royal Sundaram. Royal Sundaram has a national tie up with Ford (or at least they used to). Their customer service is good and the insurance buying process is also smooth.
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2016, 15:12   #3437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Cancelled. Mainly because of the confusion created by NGT in kerala.
Are the dealerships taking new bookings? What about existing bookings, are they being honored?
Old 9th June 2016, 15:31   #3438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
Are the dealerships taking new bookings? What about existing bookings, are they being honored?
Yes they are, as far as I know.

They offered us a 2.4 Z not the colour we preferred though but we didn't accept the offer.
ecenandu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2016, 04:09   #3439

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Hi,

How's your experience been with the car? I will be picking up mine soon.
It has lived upto all the expectations I had from it. Although, I should warn you that it's not meant for spirited driving. Enjoy it with a relaxed driving style and you shall be adequately pleased with it. My father prefers to use it over the elite i20 because of the automatic transmission. It's a real boon in the city. Great sound system, comfortable seats etc.

Quote:
Also, which Insurance did you go with? My dealer is saying they (or Ford) has cashless only with Bajaj Allianz, Iffco Tokio, Royal Sundaram and New India. I'm getting a similar quote (~22k) for HDFC zero-dep so wondering if there is merit to his argument.
I went with with National Insurance and I was able to get it for 19,500 at the end of the day. So, please look for a similar deal if you can.

You can check with National Insurance whether they have cashless tie up with ford because your salesman might be misguiding you to earn a commission from you. In my case, National Insurance did have cashless with the service centre I frequent. In fact, I implore you to not take insurance from the dealer. You will certainly get it for cheaper if you go at it by yourself. All it takes is a phone call

Quote:
Do mention anything to look out for during the PDI, post delivery. Thanks!
Check the VIN number of the car from https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleSelection.do

If there is any damage to the car, please do not accept to get it repaired from them and insist on a brand new car devoid of defects. The first car we checked out at the stock yard didn't have the fuel filler door. Like it wasn't there! I was promised that they will replace it from another car and give that to me. But, I refused since I didn't feel like it was the right thing to do. If I am paying for a new car, I can at least expect a car which has no damage. Why accept having to get your car repaired before you drive it?

So, please check everything and make sure you get the best for yourself!
jaskaranjaiya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2016, 18:42   #3440
BHPian

I have booked a Vitara Brezza LDi(o) with Indus Motors Pattom. I booked with Indus as I had a friend there who cajoled and persuaded me into taking a test drive of the Brezza, after I'd been 95% sold on the Baleno.

Model: Vitara Brezza LDi(O)
Dealer: Indus Motors, Pattom, Thiruvananthapuram
Booking Date: 14-06-2016
Booking amount: Rs. 21,000/-
Color choice: Blazing Red (primary) and Granite Grey (secondary)
Expected Waiting Period: 32 Weeks (official) and 16 weeks (unofficial)

Booking experience was a breeze, though the booking amount of Rs. 21K is a bit on the high side, considering Nexa was only asking 10K for the Baleno Delta DDiS of same price. I didn't even have to visit the showroom. I got a message on my phone confirming the booking the same day, and two callbacks from Indus, for confirming by booking details, nominee details, DoB, address, mobile number etc. Most importantly, they asked if I was fully aware that the expected waiting period was 32 weeks.

The waiting period isn't a big issue for me so far, as I think I'll be able to save a up a bit for accessories and maybe even reduce the loan amount a bit. It also gives me time to fully think over the decision, read up on ownership reports, check out the competition and other options in the same price range etc. Hopefully, the Nexon, Kite 5, refreshed Ecosport etc would be launched within that time. Any niggles on the Brezza should also be sorted out, and maybe even some improvements made. I just hope no new taxes are announced that will drive up the price further!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 19th June 2016 at 10:27. Reason: Smileys = 2 per post. Thanks!
vivekgk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2016, 09:31   #3441
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaskaranjaiya View Post
I went with with National Insurance and I was able to get it for 19,500 at the end of the day. So, please look for a similar deal if you can.
The best quote I've got is 21300 from HDFC Ergo and about 24k from him (he matched an online quote I found for one of the four vendors he mentioned). But the salesman said it is not a "Ford preferred" vendor. He's very vague, I don't get a clear answer on how things stand if the vendor is outside the four.

Quote:
Check the VIN number of the car from https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleSelection.do
Thanks! This was a real help; the SA mentioned that the car allotted to me was going to be a manufactured on a particular day and the website confirmed that. It's fresh of the line!

A visual check is reassuring; driven about 8km.
Old 19th June 2016, 11:07   #3442
BHPian

Hello members,

Sorry for posting late. I have booked a Scorpio.

Car: Mahindra Scorpio
Variant: S4+ 4wd
Color: Black
Dealer: Basanti Auto Agency, Balasore
On road price: 13.1 lacs
Date of booking: 07/06/2016
Estimated date of delivery: By July 10, 2016
Booking amount: Rs. 50000

Regards

Saubhik
DrivingNirvana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 14:33   #3443
BANNED

Model : Vitara Brezza
Variant : ZDi+
Booking Date : 21 June 2016
Color : Red and Black Combo
Expected Waiting Period : 42 Weeks Official.Sales guy said he will try to get one after August.
Dealer & City : Popular Cars and Services,Chalakudy,Thrissur District,Kerala
Booking amount: Rs. 21,000
On Road Price as of now : 11,21 L (ZDi+ Two tone color option)
Old 21st June 2016, 21:13   #3444
BHPian

Make : Maruti Suzuki
Model : Ciaz
Variant : Vxi+
Fuel : petrol
Booking Date : 21/06/16
Color : glistening grey
Expected Delivery Date : A week from today.
Dealer & City : Sagar Automobiles , Bangalore
Freebies : Was offered seat covers, door protectors and other cometics but chose cash discount instead. (Standard accessories included I think?)
OTR: 9,84,000 ₹

OT: Every other dealer quoted a waiting of one month but surprisingly Sagar quoted a week. I'm assured delivery of a car manufactured no older than 2 months. Will check VIN once SA gets back to me.
Old 25th June 2016, 23:09   #3445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
I have booked a Vitara Brezza LDi(o) with Indus Motors Pattom. I booked with Indus as I had a friend there who cajoled and persuaded me into taking a test drive of the Brezza, after I'd been 95% sold on the Baleno.

Model: Vitara Brezza LDi(O)
Booking Date: 14-06-2016
Booking amount: Rs. 21,000/-
Color choice: Blazing Red (primary) and Granite Grey (secondary)
Expected Waiting Period: 32 Weeks (official) and 16 weeks (unofficial)
I've changed this booking to the following:

Model: Vitara Brezza ZDi
Booking Date: 25-06-2016
Booking amount: Rs. 21,000/- already paid
Vehicle Price: 9.94 lacs OTR, expect this to reduce by at least 10k from buying insurance outside.
Color choice: Cerulean Blue
Expected Waiting Period: 32 Weeks from booking date.

Last edited by vivekgk : 25th June 2016 at 23:11.
Old 26th June 2016, 08:57   #3446
Team-BHP Support

Make : Ford
Model : Ecosport
Variant : Titanium Automatic
Fuel : Petrol
Delivery Date : 22nd June '16 (two weeks from booking; mainly because the dealer had the model/variant I wanted on order. Else, it can take a month)
Color : Smoke grey
Dealer & City : Sai Sakshi Ford, Pune
Freebies / Discounts / Corporate Discount: 3/4th year Extended Warranty, Essential Pack (mud flaps, floor mats), Reverse Camera
Zero Dep Insurance (Add-on: Engine Protection): 21,602 - New India (taken from outside)
Handling Charges: 0 (mentioned that this is illegal and it was waived)
On Road: 10,96,834

Last edited by libranof1987 : 26th June 2016 at 09:10.
libranof1987 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th June 2016, 09:53   #3447
Senior - BHPian

Make : Maruti
Model : Swift
Variant : Lxi O
Fuel : Petrol
Delivery Date : 30th June '16
Color : Silky Silver
Dealer & City : Fairdeal Cars Shahdra, Delhi
Freebies / Discounts - 6k cash discount
On Road: 511279

P.S - Sold my 6 year old 98k kms done swift ldi for 2 L to a friend.
faithless_1984 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2016, 14:51   #3448
BHPian

I am awaiting delivery of my Gentle White Giant "Optimus". Details below:

Make : Mahindra
Model : Scorpio
Variant : S10 4x4 AT
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 10 June 2016
Color : White
Expected Delivery Date : 11 July, 2016
Dealer & City : CAI Industries Pvt Ltd, Coimbatore
Freebies : None.
Others : None
krishsreedharan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2016, 12:09   #3449
BHPian

Had booked a red wagon R- AMT VXI (O) around may end- early June. On 20th June, dealer confirmed that car has been dispatched from gurgaon/ manesar. Yesterday they coolly inform that both red and (O) are not available and we should settle for another color and also non optional- basically without air bags and ABS!

Checked with other dealers, grey etc are in ready stock. Red seems to be slow moving. Anything not in stock means a waiting period of 30- 45 days. Extremely irritated with this. Wondering if I should shift to Hyundai instead. Not very comfortable with what I read on Hyundai's after sales service though

Last edited by ajayclicks : 1st July 2016 at 12:36.
Old 1st July 2016, 14:02   #3450
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
Had booked a red wagon R- AMT VXI (O) around may end- early June. On 20th June, dealer confirmed that car has been dispatched from gurgaon/ manesar. Yesterday they coolly inform that both red and (O) are not available and we should settle for another color and also non optional- basically without air bags and ABS!

Checked with other dealers, grey etc are in ready stock. Red seems to be slow moving. Anything not in stock means a waiting period of 30- 45 days. Extremely irritated with this. Wondering if I should shift to Hyundai instead. Not very comfortable with what I read on Hyundai's after sales service though
It probably means the car previously allotted to you was given to someone else, for some reason.

Unless you want the car quickly, stick with what you want and wait.

What have you heard about Hyundai's after sales service? I don't think it is strong enough a reason to stay away from Hyundai.

Most Viewed