Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2012, 00:04   #151
BHPian

Re: JVC AVX Series Thread

JVC AVX-646 has been discontinued and has been replaced by AV-50.
Market Price Rs.17,400/-
Old 27th January 2012, 18:23   #152
BHPian

I'm getting JVC KW-AVX 746 for Rs. 24800/- from Galaxy Toyota for my new Liva V. Please let me know if the price is right as the dealer says if i get the unit from outside fitted, warrantee on electrical wiring will become void.
Old 27th January 2012, 19:31   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwarkaDelhiWala View Post
I'm getting JVC KW-AVX 746 for Rs. 24800/- from Galaxy Toyota for my new Liva V. Please let me know if the price is right as the dealer says if i get the unit from outside fitted, warrantee on electrical wiring will become void.

I am not aware about the price but you can safely get the ICE installation done from outside. It doesn't voids the warranty till the time there is no wire cutting. This is a very common practice that is being followed by dealers to scare customers. Nowadays even small accessories shop do not cut wires and use couplers instead. Go ahead if you are getting it cheaper outside.
coolaks7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2012, 16:10   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwarkaDelhiWala
It is a Standard statement from all dealers to make money.
You should get the 746 around 20k.
If you get it from any decent shop, they will use a coupler to connect the HU to the existing wiring. Just make sure that the use an HU coupler and if wiring for speakers is also existing then use couplers to connect the speaker as well. An HU coupler would be Rs.300 max.
Warranty stays intact.

Last edited by k2max6 : 28th January 2012 at 16:12.
k2max6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2012, 21:42   #155
Senior - BHPian

Price is definitely on the higher side. I picked up a JVC 646 recently for 16.5k from ebay and I also had a choice of AVX 746 for 19,900 including 2 year manufacturer warranty. I wasnt too keen on bluetooth functionality and hence picked up the AVX 646.

As others have commented, as long as the wires are not cut the warranty remains intact, just take it to a good knowledgable installer and he will do the job for you. You can take a look at the team bhp directory to see if you have some recommendations in your place.

Quote:
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2012, 22:04   #156
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Dealers do make a good profit on these stuffs. As all said, as long as NO wires are cut, your warranty stays intact. As a matter of fact, most equipments come with wiring where there is NO need to cut to fit.

If you are still NOT convinced on getting this done outside, buy the equipment outside and carry it to the dealer for installation. At the max, they will charge you labor cost which should NOT be much. In the grey market, you should get it quite cheap compared to the dealer pricing.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2012, 18:46   #157
BHPian

I have got JVC KW-AVX646 installed for my Fabia and have been using it for the last 4 months or so without any issues. I recently got the JVC KS-BTA100 Bluetooth adapter to fit it with the 646 for making/receiving handsfree calls using my iPhone 4. But, there is a problem even after the installation of KS-BTA100 is done as per the attached document.

I am able to receive the calls on the 646, but not able to listen it on the speakers. THe system stops playing the music and picks the call, but doesn't direct the audio of the caller to the car speakers. As per my tests, my audio is picked-up by the KS-BTA100 and no issue there. Surprisingly, if i play an audio song from my iphone using the Bluetooth, it plays perfectly well on the system. Now i am not sure where the problem is?

Has anyone else installed a KS_BTA100 for your JVC? If so, can you please let me know the right procedure for the installation(incase I have wired them incorrectly).

THe wiring for the KS-BTA100 for AVX646 is done as below

1. The blue wire with white strip is connected to the power line (yellow cord) of the AVX646.
2. THe Black wire is connected to the Black cord(ground) of the AVX646
3. The brown wire is connected to the Brown wire of the AVX646 (not sure what this wire is for)?

Appreciate any help in this regard to sort out this issue. Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Attached Files
File Type: pdf KS-BTA100.pdf (1.90 MB, 907 views)

Last edited by r0ckstar.1 : 30th January 2012 at 19:09. Reason: Attaching the installation document
Old 23rd February 2012, 13:25   #158
PhX
BHPian

Would love if you guys could help me source AVX 746 or 846 in Mumbai with bill and warranty. I've called a couple of shops who said it's either not available, or only available without bill/warranty, which is no good to me.

And what is the price of these units now? Going by some of the responses in this thread, it appears like 20k is a good price for the 746 and 25k is good for 846?
Old 23rd February 2012, 19:26   #159
Senior - BHPian

I'm no expert, but I have read somewhere this may happen if the phone bluetooth profile is set to A2DP for music streaming? I feel this is something to do with the profile and its settings rather than the wiring of the system. There should be a way for the bluetooth headsets to switch between calls and streaming of music, but looks like the first one isnt happening in your case. I will try to see if I can get some help around this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckstar.1 View Post
I am able to receive the calls on the 646, but not able to listen it on the speakers. THe system stops playing the music and picks the call, but doesn't direct the audio of the caller to the car speakers. As per my tests, my audio is picked-up by the KS-BTA100 and no issue there. Surprisingly, if i play an audio song from my iphone using the Bluetooth, it plays perfectly well on the system. Now i am not sure where the problem is?
I sourced by AVX 646 through e-bay with 2 year manufacturer warranty at a very good price. I have seen AVX 746 and 846 listed there as well, why not give it a try?

If its not working out, do send an email to JVC customer care and they will respond back to you with the requested details.

By the way, I have posted a very short review from day to day usage standpoint between pioneer and JVC in my ownership thread linked below. I saw that you are contemplating between these two and hence thought this may help you.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2657423

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhX View Post
Would love if you guys could help me source AVX 746 or 846 in Mumbai with bill and warranty. I've called a couple of shops who said it's either not available, or only available without bill/warranty, which is no good to me.

And what is the price of these units now? Going by some of the responses in this thread, it appears like 20k is a good price for the 746 and 25k is good for 846?
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2012, 02:01   #160
PhX
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
I sourced by AVX 646 through e-bay with 2 year manufacturer warranty at a very good price. I have seen AVX 746 and 846 listed there as well, why not give it a try?

If its not working out, do send an email to JVC customer care and they will respond back to you with the requested details.

By the way, I have posted a very short review from day to day usage standpoint between pioneer and JVC in my ownership thread linked below. I saw that you are contemplating between these two and hence thought this may help you.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2657423
I tried looking for the AVX on e-bay, but I only found it through a global reseller thing. And it would come without warranty because the US seller is giving store warranty, not manufacturer's warranty. Will still keep an eye out.

Also, I agree with you about the faceplate thing. I'm ready to sacrifise a neat finish for added security.
Old 24th February 2012, 19:06   #161
Senior - BHPian

You are right. I tried searching too and couldnt find anything there currently. Mine was shipped to me from chandigarh. I have the contact details of the seller whom I bought from and if you are interested I can PM over to you.

I'd suggest you write to JVC customer care first. Alternatively, you can ask someone who is travelling from US to pick up one for you, it will be cheaper but without the local warranty though.

Quote:
I tried looking for the AVX on e-bay, but I only found it through a global reseller thing. And it would come without warranty because the US seller is giving store warranty, not manufacturer's warranty. Will still keep an eye out.

Also, I agree with you about the faceplate thing. I'm ready to sacrifise a neat finish for added security.
Old 29th February 2012, 15:55   #162
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I just saw both these at my neighbourhood accessories shop yesterday- available with bill *and* warranty. 746 is around 32K, 846 a little more I think. THis is in Pune. Why shouldn't JVC be available in Mumbai which is sure to have more availability than our little city?
Old 29th February 2012, 16:37   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster
I just saw both these at my neighbourhood accessories shop yesterday- available with bill *and* warranty. 746 is around 32K, 846 a little more I think. THis is in Pune. Why shouldn't JVC be available in Mumbai which is sure to have more availability than our little city?
746 for 32k is daylight robbery :o
I doubt if 32k is even the MRP.Its 28k i guess.
Old 1st March 2012, 11:55   #164
BHPian

Absolute robbery at 32k . you can get a 746 with bill and warranty in Bangalore for about 22k. The MRP is around 24K IIRC. Make sure you check at 2-3 different dealers and you should get the right numbers. None of these are sold at MRP and you should expect a 15-20% discount (atleast).
Old 1st March 2012, 13:12   #165
PhX
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
746 for 32k is daylight robbery :o
I doubt if 32k is even the MRP.Its 28k i guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckstar.1 View Post
Absolute robbery at 32k . you can get a 746 with bill and warranty in Bangalore for about 22k. The MRP is around 24K IIRC. Make sure you check at 2-3 different dealers and you should get the right numbers. None of these are sold at MRP and you should expect a 15-20% discount (atleast).
I have no idea why they're not available in Mumbai. I called a couple of shops but wasn't able to get them. Recently, after putting in a query somewhere, I got a call back with someone offering an 846 with bill and warranty at 29k. I might have to go for it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks