Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2011, 18:08   #616
BHPian

Re: BSNL BroadBand Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Of late I am having intermittent connectivity issue - The DSL light is always up, the internet light sometimes goes off. This happens 4 or five times in a 10 minute interval and I get a new IP address every time connection comes up. This happening most of the time.

I think this is a common problem in BSNL broadband. What causes this? Noise in the line? Or some issues at the server? Automated complaint booking will help? Any information is appreciated.
When the Internet light goes off, your modem loses connectivity to the Internet but still has DSL connectivity. Check to make sure that no one is using phone lines in the house without the ADSL splitter.
Old 21st October 2011, 15:35   #617
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys since last 4 days I am not able to access TBHP using my BSNL Broadband connection in Blr. If anyone else is facing the same do let know and also a solution for the same. The page does not load at all either directly or through google as well. It is really frustrating now and I am only able to access in office for a short period of time!
Old 21st October 2011, 15:48   #618
knp
BHPian

I recently moved to BSNL broadband and after that, my D-Link (DI 524) wireless is not working. I had found somewhere that I need to change the IP Address of wireless router to something different value.
Would someone please help me on what exactly I need to change and steps?
Appreciate your help.
Old 21st October 2011, 16:00   #619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
Hey guys since last 4 days I am not able to access TBHP using my BSNL Broadband connection in Blr. If anyone else is facing the same do let know and also a solution for the same. The page does not load at all either directly or through google as well. It is really frustrating now and I am only able to access in office for a short period of time!
Girish, I'm using BSNL BB 499 UL and used to face a similar problem! Many sites, say Reverbnation, Facebook, Wordpress etc could NOT be accessed.

The problem was with the modem and after replacing the modem, I don't face any issues.

As of now, our Senior BHPian J Ravi Sir is also facing the same problem, ie, he is not able to access T-BHP on his BSNL BB, but can access it using his Tata Indicom Photon connection.
Klub Class is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2011, 16:06   #620
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
Girish, I'm using BSNL BB 499 UL and used to face a similar problem! Many sites, say Reverbnation, Facebook, Wordpress etc could NOT be accessed.

The problem was with the modem and after replacing the modem, I don't face any issues.

As of now, our Senior BHPian J Ravi Sir is also facing the same problem, ie, he is not able to access T-BHP on his BSNL BB, but can access it using his Tata Indicom Photon connection.
Thanks, never thought modem would be the suspect but I am really curious how a modem can be the reason for selective access. I would surely change the modem if so but would like to understand that before doing so.
Old 21st October 2011, 16:10   #621
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, never thought modem would be the suspect but I am really curious how a modem can be the reason for selective access. I would surely change the modem if so but would like to understand that before doing so.
I don't know the reason. But it worked for me and my friends at least. You might try borrowing your friends modem and configure it to see if it works for you or not. Period

Alternatively you can access those sites by using proxies.
Old 21st October 2011, 16:14   #622
Senior - BHPian

PS: I paid my bill online this month and BSNL is providing a 1% discount. The discount is meagre but payment through the portal is as easy as abc. (Gujarat BSNL)

The discount seems to be national.
Old 21st October 2011, 16:20   #623
Senior - BHPian

I did not switch over from BSNL since 2008.Some small issues arise some times I reconfigure the setting to my setting it works. When ever I call to our local exchange they give telephonic support. If I cannot configure myself I take it to the exchange they do it with in no time.
Old 21st October 2011, 19:56   #624
jav
BHPian

Quote:
I too had this problem, fixed it by changing the dns server ip address to opendns

Last edited by jav : 21st October 2011 at 19:57.
Old 28th October 2011, 11:31   #625
Senior - BHPian

I am facing a problem for the past 3 days. I am unable to access any website through Mozilla and the error message says Mozilla's proxy server is not allowing connections. If I try through Explorer, gmail alone is accessed and not others. What could be the problem?
Old 28th October 2011, 14:40   #626
BHPian

i had major issues with bsnl broad band it kept on cutting of after 10 mins and to top it all, the service was pathetic, so changed to asianet,its really good, 650kbps upto 1mbps speed, unlimited, comes upto rs.640 per month.
Old 28th October 2011, 16:19   #627
Senior - BHPian

It is a terrific time to connect the net, whenever there is rain in our area. The day before Diwali there was thunder and lightening. Due to that I could see a flash through my modem. I was worried and plucked out all the sockets connected to power out let. In the morning luckily after some time my modem came to life. Though there is heavy rail luckily our area tele phone and Broad band are working. Last year during rain it went off for more than a week.
Old 28th October 2011, 18:01   #628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
I am facing a problem for the past 3 days. I am unable to access any website through Mozilla and the error message says Mozilla's proxy server is not allowing connections. If I try through Explorer, gmail alone is accessed and not others. What could be the problem?
Check the proxy setting of the Firefox browser. In case you connect to internet via a proxy server make sure the proxy is selected, a good way to check this is to compare the proxy settings with the browser which is working without any issue.

In case you are not using a proxy make sure the proxy is disabled.

For the IE issue you could try connecting to a website with the anti-virus turned off and see if that makes any difference.
Old 29th October 2011, 01:16   #629
Senior - BHPian

For people complaining about "site X working from BSNL, but not site Y" and "site X and Y working from ISP A" and similar complaints - this is a DNS issue. This is normal on the net. When a site changes its DNS address, depending on the ISP you use, it can take up to 3 days for the new DNS record to be updated for your ISP's DNS server.

The solution would be to use services like OpenDNS. Google and ye shall find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
This obviously is a proxy issue. Either you are using the wrong proxy, or do not need a proxy at all (BSNL does not use proxies, afaik).
Old 29th October 2011, 13:05   #630
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftSD View Post
In case you are not using a proxy make sure the proxy is disabled.

For the IE issue you could try connecting to a website with the anti-virus turned off and see if that makes any difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
This obviously is a proxy issue. Either you are using the wrong proxy, or do not need a proxy at all (BSNL does not use proxies, afaik).
Thanks guys! I have selected the "use no proxy" option for both the browsers and now the problem is solved. I am stumped as to how it worked till now though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks