Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2012, 11:01   #676
Senior - BHPian

Re: BSNL BroadBand Issues

The trick is to go (physically) to the AE of your telephone exchange, not talk on the phone. They will usually direct you to the stores, who will replace your modem with another one, sometimes similar of another make. They usually keep getting returns from cases where people have cancelled their connection.
Old 16th March 2012, 16:33   #677
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford5 View Post
I am facing the same on/off switch problem. I never used it from the beginning but last two days i had to reboot the modem due to frequent disconnection and what not. I feel it's going to come off very soon. Mine is a teracom modem.
After using 2 Teracom models, I'm inclined to think its not a good modem in several ways. For eg. despite port forwarding, it does not work well with P2P clients. UTStar was best amongst those I'v used, and even a "knowledgeable" BSNL engg. told me UTStar and Huawei are amongst the best they have had. Then they switched to lesser stuff. Sadly, I don't think these are even available in the market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
The trick is to go (physically) to the AE of your telephone exchange, not talk on the phone. They will usually direct you to the stores, who will replace your modem with another one, sometimes similar of another make. They usually keep getting returns from cases where people have cancelled their connection.
But they they have no stocks, so they will only give used ones. And I'v had 3 used and useless modems given to me in a row. The 3rd one is still with me... just not getting the time to go there and getting another dud piece. They dont even test the used modems they recirculate. Pathetic BSNL.
Old 11th May 2012, 14:06   #678
Senior - BHPian

So, after several months of trying, I finally have my account setup correctly on the Selfcare portal.
For western states, it is SAP NetWeaver Portal
This portal works only with IE (I use compatibility mode in IE 9).
The first thing you need is customer ID (BSNL changed the customer ID sometime in March). I was trying with the older customer ID and it used to get rejected.
This morning, I called up 1500 for customer ID and the representative said "Your ID is not present in our system, Sorrry!".
Then I checked my April, bill and noticed that the ID starts with 1 instead of 2 (which was present in March bill). Used that 10 digit number and completed the remaining registration steps.
I got an email after 10 minutes with my login and password.

Now, I can see my landline and broadband details on the portal.
Users of datafox plugin should make sure that they select the correct server (selfcare.wdc.bsnl.co.in). By default, ndc will be available in the drop down list. Change that n to w if you are from western part of India.
Datafox works fine after that.

Last edited by S_U_N : 11th May 2012 at 14:07.
Old 11th May 2012, 14:53   #679
Team-BHP Support

My connection is randomly becoming slow these days and speedtest shows abnormally long pings. Anything that can be sorted at my end or bsnl has to fix?

Line strength, noise all under normal limits and that too randomly. Somedays it works fine.
Old 11th May 2012, 14:58   #680
Team-BHP Support

@Jaggu - Get the BSNL line man to check if all is fine.

I too suffered hugely because of the lax on part of BSNL officials. They changed everything, wires, modems & what not. The tech guys had to personally visit & after changing the ZTE port (I specifically remember) the problem cured. My modem's DSL lamp wasn't getting stable.

As far as problem sorting goes, the lower level workers do a good job. They send a man to inspect if a line is dead or your internet connection is acting up (on the same day the complaint is logged) But, I had to suffer for close to a month.
Old 11th May 2012, 15:25   #681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post

But they they have no stocks, so they will only give used ones. And I'v had 3 used and useless modems given to me in a row. The 3rd one is still with me... just not getting the time to go there and getting another dud piece. They dont even test the used modems they recirculate. Pathetic BSNL.
Return your modem back to BSNL. they will refund your security deposit and cancel your rental (unless you purchased it ). use that money to buy a good branded modem from the market .setting them up is easy
Old 11th May 2012, 16:20   #682
Senior - BHPian

I have been using the basic model modem from BSNL for 4 years now - never had any modem issues.
I am not saying that modem defect is ruled out in the above case, but the default ones are not bad as such.
Old 13th May 2012, 16:57   #683
Senior - BHPian

Slightly off topic, but does anyone know where and how to book a complaint for Bsnl WiMax connection? Any links appreciated..
Old 13th May 2012, 17:35   #684
Senior - BHPian

I wanted to change broadband plan to "BBG COMBO 850 ULD" in Kerala.
Tried the link Udaan: UDAAN PROJECT -- BSNL through Which We can request a plan change. Immediately got a docket number and contact of BSNL Engineer messaged to My cell number.
But, A BSNL Employee called Me to write a application form in plane white paper signed asking for change of plan with details and give it to BSNL Centre. how efficient?
---
Anyone here paying BSNL bills through http://portal.bsnl.in/ or through selfcare(CRM) . how is the experience. BSNL site sometimes not even accessible so want to know how reliable is the payment procedure through NEFT.

Last edited by deepclutch : 13th May 2012 at 17:37.
Old 13th May 2012, 18:37   #685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
---
Anyone here paying BSNL bills through http://portal.bsnl.in/ or through selfcare(CRM) . how is the experience. BSNL site sometimes not even accessible so want to know how reliable is the payment procedure through NEFT.
deepclutch, I have been using the portal.bsnl.in to pay my bills in Bangalore and Parents bill in Tuticorin for the past one year. Had no issues so far.
Old 13th May 2012, 23:49   #686
Senior - BHPian

I had previously paid through BSNL customer care centre on last Thursday. CRM reflects the change. but, when I checked http://portal.bsnl.in/ it is still showing the old amount without crediting the payment made directly to BSNL. how BSNL manages "secure payment" when their own selfcare sites showing different balance amount?
I will wait for 2 days to see if the payment is reflected on http://portal.bsnl.in/ .
Old 14th May 2012, 18:15   #687
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
@Jaggu - Get the BSNL line man to check if all is fine..
Thanks man, seems to have been sorted out since last few days, will wait for the issue to repeat so that i can lodge a complaint. Issue would be if the connection is working fine when the line man visits
Old 14th May 2012, 18:25   #688
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Thanks man, seems to have been sorted out since last few days, will wait for the issue to repeat so that i can lodge a complaint. Issue would be if the connection is working fine when the line man visits
Does it happen only when it is raining? My BSNL landline is dead when it is raining or during a powercut. Then it takes a few days and several complaints to get alright. Next powercut or rain it's gone again.

Am I glad I went for airtel broadband when I moved into this house.
Old 14th May 2012, 18:28   #689
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Does it happen only when it is raining? My BSNL landline is dead when it is raining or during a powercut. Then it takes a few days and several complaints to get alright. Next powercut or rain it's gone again.

Am I glad I went for airtel broadband when I moved into this house.
Nope very random, on the contrary i noticed that speeds are better during longer power cuts. Maybe less load at exchange end.
Old 14th May 2012, 19:52   #690
Team-BHP Support

During rains the net connection goes for a toss. A bit if palm-grease and you get a fresh wire from the box to your home and its done.

It usually happens with loose ends and rain worsens it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks