Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2012, 20:11   #691
BHPian

Re: BSNL BroadBand Issues

Rain has dampened my Bsnl connection. Crackling noise and some other disturbance. Broadband behaving worse than 144 Kbps. Lodged complaint, but my exchange's lineman isn't in town!
Old 15th May 2012, 01:49   #692
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post
Return your modem back to BSNL. they will refund your security deposit and cancel your rental (unless you purchased it ). use that money to buy a good branded modem from the market .setting them up is easy
Well after getting 4 dud modems from them, I went to the exchange steaming and pulled some strings. Next day, their guy came home with another Teracom modem and I set it up and installed it myself. I don't trust them to even touch my comp. This one is used too, since they have not got new stock for eons now, but its been working awrite since.

Kicked myself for not doing it earlier. The store lady seemed to be putting modems returned as faulty back into circulation. Take the dud modem back to her and she will give you somebody else's dud modem and give yours to some other customer. At least thats what seemed to be happening.
Old 20th May 2012, 21:53   #693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Slightly off topic, but does anyone know where and how to book a complaint for Bsnl WiMax connection? Any links appreciated..
Sadly, there seems to be zero help regarding WiMax. I remember, a few years back, when I had taken a WiMax connection, the guy had come over to my place, demonstrated the setup, and was very helpful. Two years down the line, when I had a minor issue, the guys at the same office gave me a bewildered look when I mentioned WiMax. They seemed at a loss to know what is to be done about it, whom to contact, etc. etc. I felt like I was the only WiMax customer in town, that too at a premium rate above regular broadband for a lesser bandwidth.

My only reason for WiMax was unavailability of broadband in my area, and the day it came, I switched over!!

I am sorry to know you are having issues, and can understand your frustration. Having said that, I am doubtful there will be any proper help, and your only way out might be writing to someone higher up like a Nodal manager. Take my word, and switch over to broadband asap!!!
Old 21st June 2012, 16:05   #694
Senior - BHPian

I am not seeing any usage details in selfcare.wdc.bsnl.in portal these days.
Anyone facing similar issue?
Old 25th June 2012, 00:34   #695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I am not seeing any usage details in selfcare.wdc.bsnl.in portal these days.
Anyone facing similar issue?
I can see it now but it does seem to be very flaky. The old portal was simple and functional.
Old 25th June 2012, 10:25   #696
Senior - BHPian

I was able to see status yesterday, but the last entry was 19 June. So, perhaps the data is coming in late out there.
Unfortunately, datafox plugin is no longer working with the new portal.
Old 2nd July 2012, 17:15   #697
Senior - BHPian

The selfcare SAP netweaver portal seems to be working fine with Chrome browser as well (except the export to Excel feature).
Old 22nd July 2012, 21:54   #698
BHPian

Anybody using the UL 850 Plan? What are the speeds after FUP limit is crossed? According to 512kbps, it should be around 64 KB/s. Anybody getting the speed? I will download movies at night whole month. So is it okay for 90 GB per month downloads?
Old 23rd July 2012, 23:34   #699
BHPian

Pathetic DNS server of Bsnl. Used google open dns, and what not but I believe Bsnl is intentionally fooling around with users who try to bypass it's network servers. I also feel they've started throttling speeds. I no more get that ultra fast buffering of Hd videos on youtube like before. On an average it's taking more than a minute compared to earlier times. No issues with the line or down link speed but still some pages take time to respond.
Old 27th July 2012, 14:30   #700
Oxy
BHPian

Guys, I need some advice here.

My BSNL broadband is not working since the 2nd of July 2012. I ran around the exchange for a couple of days in vain. Finally on the 5th of July, I registered a complaint by calling up the BSNL customer care. They said that since mine is a non-BSNL modem, some technician would call me up on my mobile and give me the correct settings.

That call never came and after a week, I get a message on my cell saying that my complaint has been closed. I get mad and call the customer care again, they raise another complaint and assure me that this has been escalated to a higher level, and I will get a call soon.

Meanwhile I get a local technician to come to my home by calling him up repeatedly. He tinkers around with some settings and says that they are fine, and has no idea why the internet is not working. Says he will come to check the lines some other time. Last Monday at around 2:30 PM, some lineman calls me up and says he has come to check the lines and my house is locked. I say what does he expect, the house would be locked at that time on weekdays since I would be at work. He says he will inform his superior and leaves.

All this while my landline connected to the broadband was working fine. Three days ago, the landline went dead too, and now, they have closed the second complaint as well which I had made at the customer care. I demanded the contact details of the person who is closing these complaints from the customer care, and they say that it's been closed directly from the exchange. Repeated followups have not helped, everytime I get a verbal assurance that I will get a call the next day.

I now don't have broadband since almost a month. If I go to the exchange and surrender the connection, I am very sure they will ask me to pay the outstanding amount (there is none as of now since I have paid till 30th June). I am very sure that they will raise an invoice for July sometime next week. I really don't want to pay this amount since I have not had the service in July at all.

What if they refuse to disconnect my connection on hearing my refusal to pay the July bill? I really want to shift to Airtel or some other provider, but am afraid that if I don't get this connection officially terminated, they will keep sending me bills and may create a nuisance later.

PS: I tried the pgportal site too, even that did not help. My complaint there shows a "Resolved Date" with no status.
Old 27th July 2012, 14:51   #701
BHPian

@oxy when it comes to BSNL Broadband issue, never depend on customer care since they are useless like any other service provider customer care giving standard assurances and resolution plan.

Visit the nearest exchange, enquire who is the local JTO there and keep following up with him/her until your issue is resolved. Local JTO's are nice guys, co-operative and always willing to help
Old 27th July 2012, 16:04   #702
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
@oxy when it comes to BSNL Broadband issue, never depend on customer care since they are useless like any other service provider customer care giving standard assurances and resolution plan.

Visit the nearest exchange, enquire who is the local JTO there and keep following up with him/her until your issue is resolved. Local JTO's are nice guys, co-operative and always willing to help
The local JTO was the one who came to my home and attempted to tweak the settings. He now plainly says he has no idea where the fault is.

In any case, I don't intend to pay my July bill even if the connection gets restored immediately. I am not paying up for this level of incompetence, and I have not had the service in July thus far. I am looking for advice on how to officially terminate this connection without paying up this month's bill, which I am sure they will raise shamelessly irrespective of whether they are giving me the service or not.

Last edited by Oxy : 27th July 2012 at 16:11.
Old 27th July 2012, 17:39   #703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
In any case, I don't intend to pay my July bill even if the connection gets restored immediately. I am not paying up for this level of incompetence, and I have not had the service in July thus far. I am looking for advice on how to officially terminate this connection without paying up this month's bill, which I am sure they will raise shamelessly irrespective of whether they are giving me the service or not.
I was a loyal customer of BSNL broadband when i was staying in Basaveshwaranagar. Used their services for close to 3 years and service was always excellent. Problem started when i shifted to koramangala and connection used to be down always. Local JTO also could not figure out what the problem was. finally i gave up and decided to surrender the connection and happy Airtel customer now since almost 1 year.

Regarding the billing issue you mentioned, at the time of surrendering the connection they will not process the termination request unless you clear all your previous outstanding amount. in my case i paid up since previous month i used their services and current month (i.e month i surrendered the connection) bill was not generated at that point of time. I suggest you speak to the higher ups and explain your situation and request them to give you a waiver on your Outstanding amount, else if you go by normal process these people wont process your termination request. Ask the local JTO whom to speak to for billing queries before you surrender your connection. I am sure JTO will help you with contact person.

Hope this helps!
Old 28th July 2012, 01:47   #704
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
The local JTO was the one who came to my home and attempted to tweak the settings. He now plainly says he has no idea where the fault is.

Most certainly you should not pay. No service = no pay. Try and speak to someone higher up in the exchange... Divisional Engg maybe and demand a waiver since the day of the service outage and also surrender the connection. Better to do it nicely... but if he does not agree, tell him they can take you to court if they want, but you will not pay. If possible show dates/proof about your complaints along with complaint numbers, etc. Don't worry, they are most unlikely to legally chase you for such small amounts. Even if they do, you have nothing to be scared of if you are in the right. Let them keep the show the connection as un-terminated forever... thats their problem.

Last edited by Raccoon : 28th July 2012 at 01:50.
Old 10th August 2012, 23:32   #705
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone tell me whether anything off the limits here?

BSNL BroadBand Issues-snr2.jpg

My DSL was down and I connected the modem without the splitter (filter) to the modem and DSL came up. I am not sure whether it is because of a bad filter or my luck. So, just wanted to check the SNR values.

EDIT: Now connected the modem via the splitter, no DSL.
EDIT2: DSL is up after few minutes, via splitter. This seems to be some other issue.

Question: If the splitter has gone bad, is this scenario likely? (Modem taking several minutes to bring DSL up)

Last edited by clevermax : 10th August 2012 at 23:42. Reason: More information added

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks