Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2013, 09:37   #766
Senior - BHPian

Re: BSNL BroadBand Issues

I had this problem when I had a BSNL connection. It was trouble free for a little over a year. After I shifted houses, the line kept dropping and no fix was happening. I kept running up an down begging and pleading the chaps to check. I must have wasted days just trying to get them to attend to the problem. I won't say that they did not attend to the problem, it is just that they had no idea what to do. Replacing the entire wire length was the only option according to line man and this would require several levels of approval and more time. This was with their supplied DNA-211I modem. I just lost it one evening when the line kept dropping every 10 minutes. I did not raise a complaint. On the next weekend, I carried a letter to surrender the bsnl broad band connection (another hour wasted), took a new line with Atria Technologies (ACT) and there is no looking back.
Old 27th March 2013, 10:44   #767
BHPian

I just had to downgrade my BB plan from 800ULD (previously 750ULD) to 650ULD (previously 625ULD) owing to the increase in Rs50 increase which would be around Rs57 with taxes. Used "selfcare" portal. BSNL has two other portals "UDAAN" and "portal.bsnl.in". God knows what these are all for!

In Hyderabad, you get 15GB limit for 800ULD and 10GB limit for 650ULD after which speed drops to 512kbps from 2mbps. I figured Rs150 was too much to pay for 5GB so I downgraded my plan.

Do I get some of my security deposit back, given that I had deposited 750 for the 750ULD plan?
Old 28th March 2013, 17:54   #768
BHPian

I would like to understand some of the networking part of the FTTH connection. I have a Spectranet connection at my home. It is a service provider that uses fiber till the premises and then last mile is connected using CAT 5e cable. My question is they have provided one free router with that connection. So isn't there a need of modem here? or the router does a job of modem as well as router? Can I use any other after market router to boost range / signal?
Old 28th March 2013, 18:08   #769
Senior - BHPian

I am facing a peculiar issue. broadband pppoe fails to authenticate owing to hardware issues in exchange(port). they are reluctant to do anything even after requesting multiple times.
So, whenever I want to connect I will have to wait couple of minutes when one of the re-attempts connects.
where can I report this issue?
Old 29th March 2013, 07:44   #770
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
So isn't there a need of modem here?
No.

Quote:
or the router does a job of modem as well as router?
The connection standards are different here. Depending on the connection type you have, you need to decide between a modem or a router. Your connection requires just a router with no modem functionality.

Quote:
Can I use any other after market router to boost range / signal?
Yes. Just make sure its only a router and does not include modem functionality. Like this...http://www.flipkart.com/tp-link-tl-w...uery=tp%20link

There are cheaper options.
Old 29th March 2013, 13:58   #771
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
The connection standards are different here. Depending on the connection type you have, you need to decide between a modem or a router. Your connection requires just a router with no modem functionality.
By this logic I should be able to connect it to a LAN port of laptop directly. I tried it once but it was not working. But if I used a LAN cable between the router and laptop, like the usual network connection, it works.
Old 29th March 2013, 15:41   #772
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
By this logic I should be able to connect it to a LAN port of laptop directly. I tried it once but it was not working. But if I used a LAN cable between the router and laptop, like the usual network connection, it works.
Thats because authentication is required to access your ISP. This is defined in your router setup. It has to be defined or it won't work.

It could work by directly connecting the LAN cable to your laptop, login to the ISP portal over Internet explorer or whatever other browser, and by entering your login and password. This functionality is highly dependent on the ISP requirements.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 29th March 2013 at 15:44.
Old 11th July 2013, 22:12   #773
Senior - BHPian

Is BSNL acting funny today in blore ? .I am not able to open 90 % of websites and others are loading very slow .

EDIT :It is indeed horrible . Changed to open DNS and can access 99% of websites .

Last edited by black12rr : 11th July 2013 at 22:20.
Old 11th July 2013, 22:20   #774
Senior - BHPian

Last month, my BSNL broadband was down for a good 10 days. Its stopped working from yesterday. I am not even able to raise a complaint by dialing 1504, as it gives out a automated message "Impacted by major outage" and disconnects. I tried speaking to the customer service representative and I struggle to wonder what their qualifications are. She took her own sweet time, told me, its an issue and someone will attend to it today. Today came and went but no one attended it.

None of the private players provide broadband near my apartment, though its only 100FT from the outer ring road and hence the only option for a wired broadband is BSNL. I cannot do away with it, as I need the landline too. Is there any use in complaining to any one?
Old 11th July 2013, 22:20   #775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
I am facing a peculiar issue. broadband pppoe fails to authenticate owing to hardware issues in exchange(port). they are reluctant to do anything even after requesting multiple times.
So, whenever I want to connect I will have to wait couple of minutes when one of the re-attempts connects.
where can I report this issue?
I had a similar issue and I directly reported it to the Kerala GM's email ID and called him also (contact info are available on BSNL website). Local JTO came home within a couple of hours and he fixed the issue by calling someone at exchange and asking him to change port
Old 14th July 2013, 22:37   #776
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

The BSNL broadband at home was becoming extremely slower by the day and very unreliable. Finally, got a new Airtel Broadband connection and enjoying the 8Mbps bandwidth, 1mb/sec upload speed
Need to get BSNL connection closed, it's quite sad actually since we've had it since 1997 from the VSNL days.
Old 15th July 2013, 16:08   #777
Senior - BHPian

Adding a backup connection now to the trusty old BSNL broadband.
This time I am limited by choice; so going with Pacenet cable.
1 Mbps, 7 months, 7450 Rs.

This will be used during the day time, since my 2.5 GB/ month download limit gets over in half a month itself (thanks to 2 tablets, a laptop, a desktop, an Android mobile and Smart TV). The only plus point about the BSNL connection is a stable 200 KBps of downloads from 2 AM to 8 AM.
Old 15th July 2013, 16:37   #778
Senior - BHPian

What website do you guys use to check your BSNL broadband usage and what information is required?

I tried data.bsnl.in but that doesn't seem to be right. I entered in my username that BSNL provides as the PPPOE access details, but it gives me a wrong username error. There is no way to sign up as a new user or change the password as well.

A direct link will be of great help.
Old 15th July 2013, 17:44   #779
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
What website do you guys use to check your BSNL broadband usage and what information is required?

I tried data.bsnl.in but that doesn't seem to be right. I entered in my username that BSNL provides as the PPPOE access details, but it gives me a wrong username error. There is no way to sign up as a new user or change the password as well.

A direct link will be of great help.
Try http://www.dataone.in to check account usage. Go to the tab called "customer zone" and "check account usage" under that and choose your domain. Login name and password are required. It uses certain cookies may not work with the default settings of some browsers. Hope it helps!
Old 15th July 2013, 22:31   #780
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone here have the email address/Direct contact number of the KR Puram Exchange incharge in Bangalore?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks