Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2018, 09:35   #886
BHPian

Re: BSNL BroadBand Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
You could just go directly to your local office and ask. One ID / address proof copy will be good - you could submit the application there itself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by manojjoseph View Post
BSNL broadband to BSNL Fiber FTTH cost me the following, thus far:
Thanks guys for the detailed inputs.

So around 15 days back when I actually made up my mind to go to the BSNL exchange to inquire about the Fiber connection I got a call same morning from the Jio Giga Fiber team which were installing connections in my locality. I thought the timing couldn't be more correct for the guy to call me so I decided to give Jio Fiber a try and went to BSNL office to get my connection cancelled.

It was a task in itself convincing the staff there to take back my connection. They were hell bent on giving me some other plan. They finally agreed when I told them no one uses BSNL landline in my house and they could check it from their system. The guy saw we've made just two calls in the last 25 days and finally agreed to cancel the connection. Thankfully, he didn't check the broadband data usage for which the connection was primarily used.

I have had BSNL broadband for the last 9 years or so and the service I received was pretty darn good. Even if the wiring was cut/damaged due to our fault, they would replace it free of cost and never charged any visiting fee or something extra like that. All the complaints were handled in a timely manner. On the other hand, the experience I'm currently having with Jio Fiber team is completely opposite and downright frustrating which is a story in itself for another thread.

If Jio Fiber didn't cut in for me, I might go for BSNL again.
Sherlocked is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2018, 13:55   #887
BHPian

Man don't underestimate the power of BSNL. We've had selfcare portal for a while now. I registered for a new BB connection a year ago, followed up by door delivery by a franchise/ex-employee whoever. Got the job done. Never had to visit the BSNL office.
This was in Calcutta though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojjoseph View Post
Hello Sherlocked

So I guess an online source for BSNL is a few decades away.
Old 22nd March 2019, 16:12   #888
Senior - BHPian

After having enjoyed ACT Fibernet seamlessly for over the last 3+ Years I started doing some broadband research and thought I would try BSNL Fiber for a while.

I called the Toll Free number and they said BSNL FTTH Is not available in my area (Jayanagar). I was in 4th Block Jnr for some work and visited the Telephone exchange and the story turned out to be different. They shared the details of the franchisee with me and he said they would setup the Fiber connection. Opted for the 777 Plan with 500 GB/50 MBps option.

Filled in the form and made the payment of Rs.777 upfront on 12th March, Tuesday evening. Some cabling guys came to my house on Friday 15th March and completed the cabling and kept the ONT Modem and left. After a couple of follow-ups the Internet was activated on 21st March. I am getting about 52 mbps of speed using SpeedBit.net site.

I had a couple of questions:
1. The voice has not been activated - how long would it take for the phone line to be activated?
2. Is there a rental charge on the ONT Modem? Have people procured their own ONT modem from aftermarket and got it to work?
3. I read some where that BSNL is also providing Amazon Prime for free- how do I avail this?
Old 25th March 2019, 17:12   #889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
3. I read some where that BSNL is also providing Amazon Prime for free- how do I avail this?
Copy/pasting from BSNL FAQ (In case you have not figured it out yet):
You can get 12 months of Amazon Prime at no additional cost with BSNL Rs. 399 postpaid and above or Rs. 745 and above landline broadband plans. If you are already on one of these plans, simply go to www.portal.bsnl.in and click on the Amazon Prime offer banner displayed on the home page. This will direct you to authentication page where you will be required to enter eligible BSNL number to generate an OTP. After authentication, activate the offer by entering your Amazon login details or create an Amazon account, in case you are new to Amazon. By availing the offer, you agree to the terms on amazon.in.

Even I am thinking of going with the BSNL FTTH 777rs plan from April. Will be visiting the local service center near my house soon to check on the details on feasibility / install. BTW, even I have the same query on buying our own ONT (there are some Huawei ONT+WIFI models for 2.5K which I had seen a while ago - but interop is a concern) instead of paying a monthly rent.
null is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2019, 18:47   #890
BHPian

After suffering from unreliable connection with ACT Fibernet for exactly 21 days, I sent an half-hearted SMS to BSNL requesting new broadband connection.

I didn't expect any call from BSNL, but to my surprise someone did contact me few days later. The person who called me was from local telephone exchange and was aware of where my house was and the possibility of FTTH connection. He visited my house next morning, and collected application form and initial deposit.He informed installation would be done in a week.

After patiently waiting for two weeks, I gave a call back to the bsnl sales guy. Not sure what stopped installation but my call started the ball rolling Installation was outsourced to third party, who came that same day and laid fiber from the nearest node to my house, and setup ONT (modem in their words).

Two days after installation, I had to again call back for activation and to get my user ID and password.

It was a lengthy process to get my connection up and running, but once that was taken care, it has been very smooth sailing (touchwood) for more than six months. I had zero connectivity issues till now except for random packet drops one evening.

I didnt find if there was ONT available for purchase. Landline was activated on same day as broadband but we have not used it even once.

Last edited by Comrade : 10th April 2019 at 18:58.
Comrade is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2020, 17:00   #891
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
After suffering from unreliable connection with ACT Fibernet for exactly 21 days, I sent an half-hearted SMS to BSNL requesting new broadband connection.
Any idea what is the username and password is for accessing the wifi router? I just got the fibernet installed and my local BSNL office says that I cannot change the wifi name and password myself. They say I need to call them to change the wifi name or password.

Last edited by Sheel : 5th August 2020 at 19:22. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
Old 5th August 2020, 17:27   #892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnanjappa View Post
Any idea what is the username and password is for accessing the wifi router? I just got the fibernet installed and my local BSNL office says that I cannot change the wifi name and password myself. They say I need to call them to change the wifi name or password.
We can't help without knowing the router model, googling "ROUTER_MODEL default password" should get you the result, and it might be mentioned somewhere in the cover/user manual of the router.
Did you try admin as username and password?
Justin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2020, 17:53   #893
BHPian

My BSNL provided modem is not wifi enabled. It is the most common model AONT 100C. Default username password is admin/admin. Also another wierd thing with this modem/router is IP. By default it is 192.168.1.251. Hope it helps.

Ofcourse I had to find all this info initially through google. BSNL helpline is useless. If you know how to contact your local installer, they will know all this info. Another way is to just raise a complain that your internet is not working. Your local installer would visit your home, and they will have all this info.

Last edited by Comrade : 5th August 2020 at 17:56.
Old 5th August 2020, 19:25   #894
Team-BHP Support

BSNL has outsourced its FTTH connections.

Anyone can get the franchisee of a BSNL fiber and start providing connections, the catch is, how good or bad the services would turn out to be?

In my case, service has been an A [not A+] as outage [due to wire issues] take time to be sorted, else, no issues.

BSNL broadband continues to be a BSNL owned and operated entity.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2020, 18:39   #895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
We can't help without knowing the router model, googling "ROUTER_MODEL default password" should get you the result, and it might be mentioned somewhere in the cover/user manual of the router.
Did you try admin as username and password?
I tried searching the model with no luck, the model is Khwahish Konta-1743i
Old 6th August 2020, 19:58   #896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnanjappa View Post
I tried searching the model with no luck, the model is Khwahish Konta-1743i
Tried admin / admin as username/password ? Youtube search revealed that is the default password(search as Epon HGU ONT), so if that doesn't work, as @Comrade suggested, try to contact the local installer.

If you get the same reply as the one from office and still want access, factory reset and call them and complaint you don't have access to internet. You might be able to set it up yourself since BSNL configuration (used to)have a common combination, can't guarantee as last time I used BSNL connection was few years ago. Google/YouTube to confirm it and to get the configurations.
Justin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2020, 10:43   #897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Tried admin / admin as username/password ? Youtube search revealed that is the default password(search as Epon HGU ONT), so if that doesn't work, as @Comrade suggested, try to contact the local installer.

If you get the same reply as the one from office and still want access, factory reset and call them and complaint you don't have access to internet. You might be able to set it up yourself since BSNL configuration (used to)have a common combination, can't guarantee as last time I used BSNL connection was few years ago. Google/YouTube to confirm it and to get the configurations.
for those with BSNL ftth connection here are some of the devices and passwords:

username= admin
password= admin

If Router is Digisol then password is admin
If Router is Tplink then password is stdONU101
If Router is Netlink then password is stdONU101
If Router is Syrotech then password is Apples@12

I was able to loginto my Netlink ONT/router and change certain parameters, as I have a network of three additional Access points in my large rambling place. I now get good signal on the terrace and in the front and backyards as well.
My experience with BSNL fiber has been excellent. It's outsourced here in Goa and the local franchisee is very attentive. Speeds vary from 80 Mbps (rarely) to 40 Mbps (most often).
filcord is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th September 2020, 11:01   #898

Quote:
I was able to loginto my Netlink ONT/router and change certain parameters, as I have a network of three additional Access points in my large rambling place. I now get good signal on the terrace and in the front and backyards as well.
My experience with BSNL fiber has been excellent. It's outsourced here in Goa and the local franchisee is very attentive. Speeds vary from 80 Mbps (rarely) to 40 Mbps (most often).
I concur. The experience with BSNL has been exemplary.

However the network range of the provided Netlink router is pathetic and doesn't extend for more than two rooms. Hence using an old TP link router(2015 model wifiAC compatible) as extender.
I assume you created these access points using separate routers as WDS bridges. If so isn't the speed that you get from the new routers half of the original speed?
In my case 50 Mbps became 20Mbps(from the new extender router).
1. What did you do to resolve the same.
2. If not using other routers what other means are you adopting.
3. Is there any other recommended ePON router alternative. Couldn't find decent branded ones on amazon.

Any advice is highly appreciated.
Thank You
Old 28th October 2021, 12:28   #899
Distinguished - BHPian

Had a frustrating time with my BSNL FTTH twice in past 6 weeks. Cable fault both times.

Sept - I finally reached out to my friend in another BSNL department who found out that BESCOM had caused a cable rupture upstream.

This time, another extended fault. Cable fixed but no data link.

Went up to the Jayanagar exchange, and the guy didnt have the courtesy to talk properly: was look at his comp screen when I am explaning.

The most immediate weapon on hand: Twitter. One tweet to @BSNLCorporate, and tagging Shri Vaishnaw. Gave them all the docket details of both instances. Fault fixed today morning.

The guy from the franchisee then requests that I call him directly in case of problems. Like I will. Complaints must get recorded. And concerned teams must resolve issues as per normal process, and within defined SLA's.
condor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 18:02   #900
BHPian

I have been using ADSL connection since so many years and last month I finally decided to go for FTTH.
Few days back, the couple of guys came and laid the optical cable to my house.

Can someone tell me, what are the next steps? Any action required from my side? I asked this to the person who came for cabling, they told me to contact BSNL.
Also, do I need to buy the modem/router from BSNL only? Or can I buy on my own?
Any other things that I need to be aware of?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks