Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2014, 18:16   #811
BHPian

Re: BSNL BroadBand Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

They have a cap on the download limit?
As per their website, there is no cap on download limit. So as of now we can safely assume that unlimited download is possible. But looking at BSNL's reputation, at peak hours full 512 Kbps speed is not possible.

Speaking about BSNL modems, I had one ITI manufactured modem. 2 years after purchase it just refused to memorize the settings and with every power on/off, the settings reset to default . Went for another company's wireless router after that and its working better than BSNL's own cheap quality modems.

BSNL engineers is another comedy show. They just configure the modem in bridge mode for every new installation and every problem faced thereafter. Now in bridge mode, your android phone wifi is useless as there is no pppoe dialer in it.
Old 26th June 2014, 02:40   #812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
how is the battle going? any update?
Hey WindRide. There has been no battle or struggle. Process has been very smooth. No hiccups or running around at any stage.

After I raised an online request, I received a call from BSNL stating I would have to submit a letter in person at one of their main offices. I did so on April 9th. Disconnection happened on the same day, without the need of any further followup.

Also, I found the staff at their office very helpful. I was in & out of their office in under 5 minutes!! Yes, you read it right... not even 5 minutes.

Overall full marks to them.
Old 7th July 2014, 13:04   #813
BHPian

It all ends here.
The Night Time Unlimited plan (0200 hrs - 0800hrs) is no more.
BSNL has phased it out.
They've edited the plan and renamed it to CNT(Concessional Night Tariff) in place of FN(Free Night)
I'd been using this plan for the last 6 years or so.
It was one awesome plan for my needs.
This is effective starting 01-Jul-2014.
The worst part is that there ain't a plan with Night Unlimited plan that exists in BSNL now

Here are screens from one of its websites:

Name:  BSNL_Rename.png
Views: 1405
Size:  4.5 KB

Name:  BSNL_Revised.png
Views: 1614
Size:  13.5 KB

Follow this link for more details.

Last edited by vishnu-man : 7th July 2014 at 13:10. Reason: Grammar
Old 7th July 2014, 13:22   #814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnu-man View Post
It all ends here.
The Night Time Unlimited plan (0200 hrs - 0800hrs) is no more.
BSNL has phased it out.
They've edited the plan and renamed it to CNT(Concessional Night Tariff) in place of FN(Free Night)
I'd been using this plan for the last 6 years or so.
It was one awesome plan for my needs.
This is effective starting 01-Jul-2014.
The worst part is that there ain't a plan with Night Unlimited plan that exists in BSNL now

Here are screens from one of its websites:

Attachment 1258404

Attachment 1258397

Follow this link for more details.
The plans with night unlimited were always fraught with danger, I remember paying a massive bill because of a faulty modem. Plus the hassle of getting up at 2 to download whatever you had to download.

Have left BSNL for good. Honestly, I cannot even imagine going back to it. It is reliable in Bangalore but that's where the good things end. The speed and plans have simply not kept pace with the market. I now use an Airtel Conn, gives me 8MBPs and a lot of peace of mind.
Old 7th July 2014, 14:20   #815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodude View Post
As per their website, there is no cap on download limit. So as of now we can safely assume that unlimited download is possible. But looking at BSNL's reputation, at peak hours full 512 Kbps speed is not possible.

Speaking about BSNL modems, I had one ITI manufactured modem. 2 years after purchase it just refused to memorize the settings and with every power on/off, the settings reset to default . Went for another company's wireless router after that and its working better than BSNL's own cheap quality modems.

BSNL engineers is another comedy show. They just configure the modem in bridge mode for every new installation and every problem faced thereafter. Now in bridge mode, your android phone wifi is useless as there is no pppoe dialer in it.
Please complain. I have had the same issue with my router. Make a complaint, they should replace it FOC.
Old 29th July 2014, 14:40   #816
BHPian

I have been using BSNL broadband for almost 6 years now. I have not faced any kind of issues till today except one. (Touch Wood). I had a 500 Combo plan after which I had changed it to unlimited plan of 900 Rs (I also had docket number raised for this change). Thinking that plan has changed I started downloading and watching online videos but the bill for that month came out to be around 10,000 Rs (I was really insane). Then I had to run around with Customer Service Manager to get the bill changed which happened almost in couple of hours.
Old 8th September 2014, 19:08   #817
Senior - BHPian

With BSNL,when it works, well it works and when it doesn't work, you are stumped .

Over the weekend, due to some water leakage, some agency dug up a road, in the process also cut the BSNL wire that comes to our apartment. Nothing unusual here, I promptly raised a complaint and the complaint was resolved today. I was surprised at this fast turn around, but when checked the line was still dead, so I raised a complaint again, in about an hour, the new ticket was also closed however the line is still dead. Raised a third complaint now and waiting for them to resolve it again albeit without actually resolving the issue.

Our area is not serviced by airtel, though it is only few yards from the ORR so unfortunately we are stuck with BSNL.
Old 10th October 2014, 22:36   #818
Distinguished - BHPian

My BSNL Broadband connection has been down for about 6 hours now. Heard from my BiL that he is also having issues. We stay on opposite sides of town - JP Nagar and Kalyannagar/Banaswadi.

Is any one else facing the problem at this time ?

It is just the broadband service that is affected. Calls look good & without any disturbance on the line.

Last edited by GTO : 11th October 2014 at 12:18. Reason: As requested :)
Old 12th October 2014, 08:11   #819
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

What an ordeal, took almost 7 months to get the BSNL telephone deposit of Rs.2K refunded (connection taken and deposit paid in 1991)
Surrendered and closed the connection in Feb this year. They said I will receive the pay advice in 3 months (90 days). When I followed up in early June, the officer said the file itself is missing and the person who was handling it has retired
I stood my ground and told them it is not my fault so they finally asked me to give them copies of the documents submitted and luckily I'd made a copy before submission, phew! The officer then said, I will receive it in 30 days so sometime July was the target. Got busy with work, etc and could not follow up. This week I was planning to file a complaint on pgportal when I received the DD by courier.

Last edited by NPV : 12th October 2014 at 08:13.
Old 13th October 2014, 11:43   #820
BHPian

I have applied for BSNL, but not by choice.
My Apartment is at the border of 2 so called villages and hence there is a big tug between the operators of these villages as to who will enter the premises to give connection. So an option was BSNL or Airtel. Airtel does not have feasibility. So BSNL it was. Submitted the fors in may 2014. The guys came to collect the cheque last month. One month and no news.
Seems like there is a fibre cut and the legends in BSNL is not able to figure out where its gone wrong.

Hoping I will get the connection some time soon.
Old 13th October 2014, 15:59   #821
BHPian

Hi,

Would this router work with my MTNL Broadband connection? "Cisco Linksys E900 Wireless-N300 Router"
Old 13th October 2014, 17:55   #822
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanomics View Post
Hi,

Would this router work with my MTNL Broadband connection? "Cisco Linksys E900 Wireless-N300 Router"
Is this an ADSL/ADSL2 + Wifi? I could not make out from the reviews of this product. If it is not, then it would only work with cable internet connections and not with Broadband, so it may not work with MTNL.
Old 13th October 2014, 19:31   #823
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Hi, I am using the Cisco E900 with my BSNL Broadband. BSNL has supplied their own router which accepts a telephone cable as input. An ethernet cable output from this goes into the E900 as input and from there the signal is transmitted across the house through wifi. There has been no problem in over two years with this setup. The E900 was my first online electronics purchase and setting it up was really simple.
Old 14th October 2014, 09:38   #824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Is this an ADSL/ADSL2 + Wifi? I could not make out from the reviews of this product. If it is not, then it would only work with cable internet connections and not with Broadband, so it may not work with MTNL.
The type says "Wireless without Modem".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumar R View Post
Hi, I am using the Cisco E900 with my BSNL Broadband. BSNL has supplied their own router which accepts a telephone cable as input. An ethernet cable output from this goes into the E900 as input and from there the signal is transmitted across the house through wifi. There has been no problem in over two years with this setup. The E900 was my first online electronics purchase and setting it up was really simple.
Same here, MTNL has supplied a Wifi modem which uses telephone cable as input. So currently i'm connecting to that only. So my question being, can i replace the E900 with the existing modem, or need to be used in a way you are using?

Thanks!
Old 14th October 2014, 11:17   #825
BHPian

Quote:
Same here, MTNL has supplied a Wifi modem which uses telephone cable as input. So currently i'm connecting to that only. So my question being, can i replace the E900 with the existing modem, or need to be used in a way you are using?
The E900 cannot replace the modem that MTNL has supplied. You will have to run a short Ethernet cable from one to the other and then spend 10 minutes configuring the wifi network - it's very easy. The E900 only supplements the MTNL modem; tomorrow if the E900 stops working for some reason you can revert to the MTNL modem in an emergency.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks