Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2008, 11:04   #3166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Given a choice between the apple iphone and htc diamond, my money would go to the diamond, hands down. I say this because:
1. the iPhone needs atleast 3-4 makeovers to become usable! It does not have a bt stack till now! What else can one expect!!
2. the diamond is on WM and you can do wonders with it. I would choose Nokia over any other manufacturer any day. My ultimate phone would be the E90 with Windows Mobile!

The only flaw I could find with the diamond is that its storage is limited to 4GB. HTC for God's sake, we have SD Cards which are 8GB!!

@Mav: the Cruise is not locked to an operator, thus 31k. The diamond would be operator locked.

@Jaggu: The only thing which I think Apple will announce on 9th June would be the 3G iPhone and probably its availability in a lot more countries and un-locked iPhones. Maybe a higher capacity iPhone.
I should get things clear on your point !!

What kind of makeovers you are telling for iphone !!

Now it doesn't take maximum of 5-10minutes to get a new phone working in perfect condition.

As you stated that it doesnt have blue tooth ,i must say it has 2.0 bt but as apple are very possessive regarding there products (As all of you know mobile virus came mostly from Blue tooth connectivity ) ,so that's why they havent provided the software for connectivity ,it's not an issue of hardware . so i assume that in recent time we can get the update from the apple for the bluetooth connectivity for sure(It's already having a hacked application to transfer the files through blue tooth)

ya you are right nokia is best service provider all over the world!! but what's the use of same mobiles just differentiating with a customized body works! what's the use of that company who priced a phone at 40000 on first day and after one month the price slashed by 10000 , What will buyers will do like me who buyed N95 on first day of the launch n now after exactly one year the value is not worth it 10000 bucks . I am ruined for this thing !!

If u put up in delhi /Ncr region (does not know about any other place) go to a nokia service center and you will see the sight almost 100-150 people standing to get their phone rectified n having a dog-fight with the executives as soon as they got to know that after almost 2 months their phone hasn't been repaired!!

I have seen the service of apple ,it's my personal experience : i brought an ipod from US and when i came back it stopped working , I was shocked because i left the original bill back their in Us and don't know whether it has international warranty (most companies aren't providing it these days)
I visited apple service at NFC n show them the ipod ,he asked me to wait 10-15 minutes so that he will get it charged first and see whether what's the problem !after few minutes he came and said your ipod needs to be replaced and given me a form to fill and came back with a new ipod (He didnt even ask that form where i have buyed the ipod or didn't even asked about the bill copy)

N about iphone if u have some basic knowledge about computers and hacking things you will need a computer and iphone to get the thing worked again!!! you just have to plug and restore it with itunes !

HTc diamond is to be launched in india too but as per the price is around 35-40k for that !!!
Even i love the HTC i am really happy using a HTC touch too for few days ,i am trying to get hand on diamond too!!

Apple announced iphone 3g to be launched on 9th june but it will be available in us and uk and canada not here!

in india vodafone and airtel will be launching it with their services so i dont think so that iphone still have the chance to get full GSM place!!
N what you know iphone will come not before September '08 in india!!!

I am using an iphone and i am still liked the phone!!

I must say it's worth the price
Old 24th May 2008, 12:00   #3167
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin View Post
N about iphone if u have some basic knowledge about computers and hacking things you will need a computer and iphone to get the thing worked again!!! you just have to plug and restore it with itunes !

HTc diamond is to be launched in india too but as per the price is around 35-40k for that !!!

Even i love the HTC i am really happy using a HTC touch too for few days ,i am trying to get hand on diamond too!!

Apple announced iphone 3g to be launched on 9th june but it will be available in us and uk and canada not here!
a) Its not very difficult, but with some guidance you can unlock an iphone.
b) Diamond is 27,500 INR with all tax included
c) Once launched 3G phone will reach Indian shores before any official launch, so it doesnt matter.

Good that HTC is not yet ready with the stocks, i will wait for 3G iphone and decide, i need modem facility (ideally bluetooth modem) and office package for sure. If not Diamond it is.
Old 24th May 2008, 12:11   #3168
Senior - BHPian

@jaggu.... has it been officially announced in India? Where did you get the pricing details from?
Old 24th May 2008, 12:21   #3169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
ya you are right nokia is best service provider all over the world!! but what's the use of same mobiles just differentiating with a customized body works! what's the use of that company who priced a phone at 40000 on first day and after one month the price slashed by 10000 , What will buyers will do like me who buyed N95 on first day of the launch n now after exactly one year the value is not worth it 10000 bucks . I am ruined for this thing !!
What about your laptop or for that matter your home computer? Or that ipod you bought a year back... they are all obsolete now and worth peanuts. iPhone price was dropped a full 200$ with in a few months. Why are you blaming Nokia for it?
Ok suggest me a smartphone with hardware graphics acceleration, GPS, bluetooth, 5 megapixel camera, 3.5 mm jack on the phone, accelerometer,VGA quality video recording with a 2gb card for 19k's which is what N82 is and a little costlier with a bigger screen is the N95 & N95 8GB. Not for nothing Nokia occupies 71% share of the Indian mobile market. Imagine the state of the rest of the manufacturers who fight it out for remaining 29% share.

Quote:
I have seen the service of apple ,it's my personal experience : i brought an ipod from US and when i came back it stopped working , I was shocked because i left the original bill back their in Us and don't know whether it has international warranty (most companies aren't providing it these days)
I visited apple service at NFC n show them the ipod ,he asked me to wait 10-15 minutes so that he will get it charged first and see whether what's the problem !after few minutes he came and said your ipod needs to be replaced and given me a form to fill and came back with a new ipod (He didnt even ask that form where i have buyed the ipod or didn't even asked about the bill copy)
ipod is still a niche when compared to mobile phones in India. Nokia sells more mobiles in a day than apple ipod's sold in a whole year in India. Offcourse with volumes being sold the service will suffer, not to say Nokia shouldnt improve but your comparison with Apple is over the top.
Old 24th May 2008, 12:25   #3170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
@jaggu.... has it been officially announced in India? Where did you get the pricing details from?
HTC is tying up with Airtel for the diamond. It will be locked to Airtel.
Source : The Hindu Business Line : HTC ties up with Bharti Airtel
Price is also mentioned here.
Old 24th May 2008, 14:32   #3171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
like 10k vs 13k for n73 still. if you wanna compare pics, check xbhp's rajasthan triplog and pokemo's blr-rohtang triplog (posted earlier in this thread only by me!)
Is the w810i for 10k? If not which is the one your comparing to the N73.

I will check the pics, thanks for the links

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
For normal N73 its close to 11k's while the music edition will be costlier by around 1k's. If you can stretch your budget, have a look at the Nokia N82... that phone is almost perfect. I am using one and I am very very satisfied with it.
Are the prices you quoted the grey rates? Music edition not really worth the extra I guess.

Also what does the N82 cost? The less I spend the better honestly !!
Old 24th May 2008, 18:42   #3172
Senior - BHPian

They are prices with bill and warranty, 500-1000 Rs here and there. N82 is 19k's but worth every penny if you ask me.
Old 24th May 2008, 19:08   #3173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adentist View Post
HTC is tying up with Airtel for the diamond. ...
Checked with Airtel. "Sorry Sir, our database is not updated with this model of handset"!!! So much for "Business at the speed of thought".
Old 24th May 2008, 21:33   #3174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
So much for "Business at the speed of thought".
Maybe thats how fast they think - turned out that MTN wanted to buy AirTel and not the other way around as they had imagined
Old 24th May 2008, 21:52   #3175
BHPian

Quote:
Checked with Airtel. "Sorry Sir, our database is not updated with this model of handset"!!! So much for "Business at the speed of thought".

ohhhh!!!! i must say that you are thinking at light speed ,if a deal is there it can take months to get in practical !!
N i read it it's just 22nd may

HTC diamond havent been launched in india till now so how do you expect that executives at the showroom knows it!!

They will always say what they are seeing till they get some information from high -authorities !!

I called up HTC and they were saying that HTC diamond will soon be available at their store too ! I confirmed it and it means that Diamond will not be sim-locked to airtel only , He quoted me 29k for the price at their outlets !!
Old 24th May 2008, 22:39   #3176
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Airtel wont get it sooner than the dealer, nor they will have any clue, i had the same experience when Touch was launched. Most probably since HTC is customizing the EROM for Airtel network. As i said earlier it will reach only around June 20th, will update as and when i hear about it.

It will be 27,500 and you have some good contacts might get it for couple of hundred less for locked set. Unlocked sets will be as usual couple of hundreds more, then again its win mob and unlocking is a jiffy
Old 25th May 2008, 16:31   #3177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Got the RAZR V8 last week.
7 month quick review, in case anyone is considering the same phone. The phone is really well put together, with the quality being obvious. Despite rough use, no parts have gotten lose, fallen off or a single feature stopped functioning. It took a while to get used to Motorola's OS, but now that I am, I find it as good as a Nokia's. The phone is overall great to use, pretty practical and the screen is to die for.

Downside, and a big one at that....horrid battery life! In fact, it is so bad that I was forced to buy a Motorola car charger. I was used to the Nokia 6610's battery life of 3 days, the Razr doesn't even last one day of heavy use!
Old 25th May 2008, 19:31   #3178
Team-BHP Support

Didnt expect this from HTC!!

HTC is trying to pull a fast one!! No wonder its cheaper here in India.

NO 3G enabled handset for India!!! Now i really want to think some more before i pick up the Diamond.

Details:

India site: HTC - Touch Phone, PDA Phone, Smartphone, Mobile Computer
Europe site: HTC - Touch Phone, PDA Phone, Smartphone, Mobile Computer

On further googling: domain-b.com : Bharti Airtel signs up HTC Touch Diamond for 3G service

So somebody have announced it officially.

Last edited by Jaggu : 25th May 2008 at 19:36.
Old 25th May 2008, 20:37   #3179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
HTC is trying to pull a fast one!! No wonder its cheaper here in India.

NO 3G enabled handset for India!!! Now i really want to think some more before i pick up the Diamond.

Details:

India site: HTC - Touch Phone, PDA Phone, Smartphone, Mobile Computer
Europe site: HTC - Touch Phone, PDA Phone, Smartphone, Mobile Computer

On further googling: domain-b.com : Bharti Airtel signs up HTC Touch Diamond for 3G service

So somebody have announced it officially.

3g service in india ??! ( i am not saying on your comment i am shocked on that headline)

I think no one till date has launched 3g service in INDIA!!

yupp you are right that in india is getting at cheaper price than other countries !!

I would still prefer apple Iphone instead of HTC diamond
Old 25th May 2008, 20:40   #3180
Senior - BHPian

Wierd! One would have thought making another version without 3G would cost as much or more (dev and productionization costs) than the projected profits with a lower-cost GPRS/EDGE handset. Even if the radio section is a drop-in replacement of the chip set. 2 versions of hardware, 2 versions of software!

Hopefully it is only a matter of language in those pages, done by a simple-minded soul who thinks Indians wouldn't care about mention of 3G. Wouldn't make much sense of buying a GPRS/EDGE-only Diamond at that price, when Nokia is able to give equivalent functionality and more at a lower price point WITH 3G!

Last edited by DerAlte : 25th May 2008 at 20:42.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks