Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2012, 11:11   #286
Senior - BHPian
 
addyhemmige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore/Hassan
Posts: 1,549
Thanked: 465 Times
Default re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
Whats wrong with the Innova?
. There is nothing wrong with the Innova. We had an Innova earlier and had to dispose of it because of an accident and like I said, we are looking for a change. Back then, when we bought the Innova, it's price was around 9 lakhs OTR, now it is hovering around 13-14 lakhs OTR Bangalore.

I have one small grouse with the Innova though. It's ground clearance. It is pretty much comparable to a sedan and it is very difficult to ply on our estate roads without scraping the bottom (Even my swift manages to get through without scraping).

If Innova's price was a bit lower, we probably would have bought it (my dad is a fan), but you can't have everything in life, can you??
addyhemmige is offline  
Old 21st March 2012, 12:10   #287
BHPian
 
sumeshmani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: bangalore
Posts: 477
Thanked: 104 Times
Default re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
Whats wrong with the Innova?
Innova is a fantastic vehicle for long distance travel. Though my requirement is for a good 5-seater, i do not want to cross over to vehicle as large as Innova. Even if i wanted to, Innova is way beyond my budget at 12-13L.
If I had that kind of budget, Tata Safari would be my dream car .
sumeshmani is online now  
Old 21st March 2012, 12:16   #288
BHPian
 
nitin.rai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 327
Thanked: 235 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani
Innova is a fantastic vehicle for long distance travel. Though my requirement is for a good 5-seater, i do not want to cross over to vehicle as large as Innova. Even if i wanted to, Innova is way beyond my budget at 12-13L.
If I had that kind of budget, Tata Safari would be my dream car .
OT: The Ertiga seems just right for you. Expected launch, mid April.
nitin.rai is offline  
Old 21st March 2012, 12:46   #289
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 941
Thanked: 256 Times
Default re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
. There is nothing wrong with the Innova. We had an Innova earlier and had to dispose of it because of an accident and like I said, we are looking for a change. Back then, when we bought the Innova, it's price was around 9 lakhs OTR, now it is hovering around 13-14 lakhs OTR Bangalore.

I have one small grouse with the Innova though. It's ground clearance. It is pretty much comparable to a sedan and it is very difficult to ply on our estate roads without scraping the bottom (Even my swift manages to get through without scraping).

If Innova's price was a bit lower, we probably would have bought it (my dad is a fan), but you can't have everything in life, can you??
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
Innova is a fantastic vehicle for long distance travel. Though my requirement is for a good 5-seater, i do not want to cross over to vehicle as large as Innova. Even if i wanted to, Innova is way beyond my budget at 12-13L.
If I had that kind of budget, Tata Safari would be my dream car .
Hey Guys,

One question for my curiosity. Innova is clearly a crowd favourite across India (and for valid reasons too) However, in Bangalore I have seen innumerable number of people use Innova as personal vehicle. When I was in Delhi (which is where I am from), the only people I saw use Innova were people who either used it as people carrier or had large families. In sharp contrast, I've seen people here use Innova when they have a family of 4 Despite howsoever good it is, why is the hell would anybody use a large VAN as personal vehicle. And that too, as costly one. Just coz its reliable? Even my fridge/washing machine are reliable.

Last edited by Abhi_Automobile : 21st March 2012 at 12:47.
Abhi_Automobile is online now  
Old 21st March 2012, 13:01   #290
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,601
Thanked: 8,590 Times
Default re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
In sharp contrast, I've seen people here use Innova when they have a family of 4 Despite howsoever good it is, why is the hell would anybody use a large VAN as personal vehicle. And that too, as costly one. Just coz its reliable? Even my fridge/washing machine are reliable.
The only point I can think off is people prefer purchasing Innova compared to a 13-15L sedan.
In the event of a travel, they can really travel in a comfort with lots and lots of
luggage space. And at the same time it also gives one the much needed extra space, when you need to ferry people in the city.

I cant comment on the personal front between North and South geographies.
ampere is offline  
Old 21st March 2012, 17:43   #291
Senior - BHPian
 
addyhemmige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore/Hassan
Posts: 1,549
Thanked: 465 Times
Default re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Hey Guys,

One question for my curiosity. Innova is clearly a crowd favourite across India (and for valid reasons too) However, in Bangalore I have seen innumerable number of people use Innova as personal vehicle. When I was in Delhi (which is where I am from), the only people I saw use Innova were people who either used it as people carrier or had large families. In sharp contrast, I've seen people here use Innova when they have a family of 4 Despite howsoever good it is, why is the hell would anybody use a large VAN as personal vehicle. And that too, as costly one. Just coz its reliable? Even my fridge/washing machine are reliable.

You can also ask why not? I cannot answer for others, but there are different reasons why we bought the Innova. We are a family of four and the family's daily usage is almost 100 kms of which around 60% is bad roads. We also go out for frequent trips with extended family and friends, so the extra space is very useful. The ride is comparable to a sedan. The cabin feels more roomy while the sedan's cabin feels claustrophobic (my personal opinion). The luggage space is good. This big VAN is very easy to drive too.

This is going OT. Let's stick to the topic.
addyhemmige is offline  
Old 22nd March 2012, 20:18   #292
Senior - BHPian
 
m_upreti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 1,571
Thanked: 305 Times
Default re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
As it is, many of the bhpians had the fear of Renault missing the target with pricing. The Union Budget has made it more difficult by hiking the excise rates. I assume a hike of ~30K will get injectedted (just my maths) for a 10L vehicle.Now i am a little worried that Duster might move out of my budget range . The wait till June is going to be tougher now.
One of my colleagues just checked with a Dealer in Mumbai, in June it would be a price launch and some display cars arriving, he has been told that the deliveries may not start before December.
m_upreti is offline  
Old 22nd March 2012, 21:24   #293
BHPian
 
sumeshmani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: bangalore
Posts: 477
Thanked: 104 Times
Default re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
One of my colleagues just checked with a Dealer in Mumbai, in June it would be a price launch and some display cars arriving, he has been told that the deliveries may not start before December.
If this turns out to be the timeline, then it is very disappoinging. May be Renault should have bought Duster for 2013 auto show. I wonder when would test-drive cars be available.
sumeshmani is online now  
Old 22nd March 2012, 22:20   #294
BHPian
 
designersf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ann Arbor
Posts: 602
Thanked: 58 Times
Default re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Just came across this on the Dacia UK site. Is it related by any chance?

Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs-dacia-uk.jpg
designersf is offline  
Old 22nd March 2012, 23:44   #295
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 6,448
Thanked: 6,429 Times
Default re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
One of my colleagues just checked with a Dealer in Mumbai, in June it would be a price launch and some display cars arriving, he has been told that the deliveries may not start before December.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
If this turns out to be the timeline, then it is very disappointing.
I do NOT buy that. Renault India still shows that Duster is coming in June. I don't they will be dumb enough to do a price launch in June and then the actual product launch in Dec. As per the earlier time line, Duster is a summer 2012 launch.

Edit:: Also for a June launch, the dealer training should happen in May. So we will get a better idea on this.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 22nd March 2012 at 23:44. Reason: Adding "Edit" portion
swiftnfurious is offline  
Old 22nd March 2012, 23:44   #296
Senior - BHPian
 
addyhemmige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore/Hassan
Posts: 1,549
Thanked: 465 Times
Default re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
One of my colleagues just checked with a Dealer in Mumbai, in June it would be a price launch and some display cars arriving, he has been told that the deliveries may not start before December.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
If this turns out to be the timeline, then it is very disappoinging. May be Renault should have bought Duster for 2013 auto show. I wonder when would test-drive cars be available.
This is disappointing. What is the use in just doing a price launch?

I heard that the 1.5 litre engine supposed to be coming with the Duster is a very old one which is phased out in Europe. Is this true? Does anyone have any info about the engine?
addyhemmige is offline  
Old 23rd March 2012, 00:03   #297
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 6,448
Thanked: 6,429 Times
Default re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
I heard that the 1.5 litre engine supposed to be coming with the Duster is a very old one which is phased out in Europe. Is this true? Does anyone have any info about the engine?
It's the same K9K engine used in Logan/Verito, Micra, Pulse, Sunny & Fluence! Need I say more?
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2012, 00:08   #298
BHPian
 
yogeshnagpal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 190
Thanked: 78 Times
Default re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
It's the same K9K engine used in Logan/Verito, Micra, Pulse, Sunny & Fluence! Need I say more?
Turning out to be National Engine No. 2 after Fiat's 1.3 MJD.
Whats up with the European manufacturers guys. High level of collaboration.
yogeshnagpal is offline  
Old 23rd March 2012, 08:23   #299
BHPian
 
Aiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore/Bombay
Posts: 166
Thanked: 139 Times
Default re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by designersf View Post
Just came across this on the Dacia UK site. Is it related by any chance?
Definitley related. The Duster is to be supplied to the UK market from the Indian plant.
Aiel is offline  
Old 23rd March 2012, 09:41   #300
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DELHI
Posts: 630
Thanked: 323 Times
Default re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by designersf View Post
Just came across this on the Dacia UK site. Is it related by any chance?

Attachment 906104
The pic says that June 2012 , when Duster pricing & specs will be announced !!

Certainly doesn't mean that they will launch the vehicle in June..!

and btw.. 96 days = end of June ! i.e July.

here... http://www.daciacars.co.uk/faq/

the FAQ says , it will be launched in late 2012. Probably the same time as the Ecosport.

Last edited by BUXX : 23rd March 2012 at 09:44.
BUXX is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mahindra to unveil new Gusto 110 cc scooter at Auto Expo 2014 EDIT: Now Launched Aditya Motorbikes 7 16th September 2016 20:57
Force Motors (including Force One 4x4) @ Auto Expo 2012 GTO The Indian Car Scene 32 19th March 2016 10:44
Audi (including Q3 and A3 e-tron concept) @ Auto Expo 2012 jalsa777 The Indian Car Scene 53 2nd February 2013 20:43
Nissan (including Leaf) @ Auto Expo 2012 Rehaan The Indian Car Scene 52 25th October 2012 22:00
Jaguar Land Rover (including C-X75 & Defender Concept) @ Auto Expo 2012 jalsa777 The Indian Car Scene 12 16th January 2012 01:19


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:05.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks