Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2011, 12:39   #451
BHPian

Re: 2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
But it will be a step down from the current Verna's engine - the USP of the Verna Diesel is the engine that makes it a rocket. The 1.4 mill, even at a higher tune will not be more than 100 BHP, which will make the RB an also-ran, more so considering Hyundai's trademark of giving lifeless steerings and soft suspensions in their cars.
+1 to that.

When every car maker is launching an upgraded engine over their present variants, it would be a serious step down for the verna with the 1.4l. Yes, we are finally getting a better looking verna , but that alone wont do the job i guess. In that case, buying a new fiesta would make so much more sense.
Old 8th March 2011, 12:53   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karty_83 View Post
+1 to that.

When every car maker is launching an upgraded engine over their present variants, it would be a serious step down for the verna with the 1.4l. Yes, we are finally getting a better looking verna , but that alone wont do the job i guess. In that case, buying a new fiesta would make so much more sense.
Hyundai has been the leader in terms of having the most powerful diesel engine in the segment since the Verna launched. I hope they put in the 1.6L CRDi the new Verna or atleast be the first manufacturer to give 2 diesel options in their sedan (1.4L and 1.6L).

It was very disappointing to see a 1.4L CRDi in the i20 instead of their 1.5L CRDi which powered the Verna. I'd have to agree with Karty, if they do put in the 1.4L in the new Verna, Fiesta looks more promising.
Old 8th March 2011, 13:16   #453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
I was told that the RB for India wont come with the Diesel Monster that it is launched worldwide with - but rather the i20's 1.4 CRDi. Launch is around the corner apparently, so we will know soon.

If Hyundai is plonking a 90 BHP unit instead of the 128 BHP unit
Well plonking the smaller and already used engine might make some business sense.
But if that happens, the already heavy looking Verna RB will be going down the route of earlier Fiat Linea, which was so underpowered, it lead to the death of a beauty.
Even later realization of putting the Tsi will not help the cause.
Old 8th March 2011, 13:39   #454
BHPian

Even if they do launch with a 1.4 diesel, they'll probably launch it in a higher state of tune. If they can get 128 ps out of a 1.6, surely they can get at least a 100 out of a 1.4. It will be down on the current Verna but for the masses this is quite sufficient, and will have higher FE. Also remember that the new Verna is lighter than the old one, and the engine is lighter too so may not make that much of a difference in performance.

Of course it would be ideal if they launched the 1.6 diesel, but having two options wont be a bad thing either. Would be a huge overlap in models tho if they launch with two petrol AND two diesel options
Old 8th March 2011, 13:46   #455
Senior - BHPian

The Getz Diesel got the 1.5 Liter 110 BHP CRDi mill, but the i20 Diesel came with the more modern 1.4 Liter mill, but the output was 90 BHP - the torque numbers are not that bad though (which IMHO is what makes a Diesel what it is - a monster).

Now we hear talks of the Verna coming with a 1.4 mill too - the talk is that Hyundai's Diesel plant in AP has not taken of after YSR's untimely demise, so importing another engine may add to their import and inventory costs. Even if it is a higher tune, I am not sure how much more torque can be extracted from the 1.4 mill. Lets wait and watch, and hope we do get the 1.6 torque monster!
Old 8th March 2011, 13:52   #456
BHPian

I recently spoke to the service guy at Trident in Bangalore. He mentioned that though there has been no official training of the guys on the car, they have seen the car at the plant while undergoing training for the Santa Fe. He also mentioned (with his limited knowledge :-) ) that the launch date has not been communicated and might be 2-3 months away.
Old 8th March 2011, 14:12   #457
BHPian

Hyundai Verna 2011

1.4 PL / DSL
1.6 PL / DSL
M/T & A/T (1.6)

Major features

- Side & curtain airbags
- Smart Key
- 16" Alloy
- AVN (O)
- Bluetooth
- Electric ORVM
- RR disc brakes
Old 8th March 2011, 15:01   #458
Senior - BHPian

^^
Any concrete info ?
While most of us are confused which diesel engine we would be getting , I wont be suprised if hyundai use the same 1.5 unit !
Old 8th March 2011, 17:25   #459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_rising View Post
Hyundai Verna 2011

1.4 PL / DSL
1.6 PL / DSL
M/T & A/T (1.6)

Major features

- Side & curtain airbags
- Smart Key
- 16" Alloy
- AVN (O)
- Bluetooth
- Electric ORVM
- RR disc brakes
Is Verna available in petrol automatic ? I thought it was only in diesel.
In btw, this is the first time i am reading about the new Verna with a petrol auto tranny in this thread.
Please someone correct me if i am wrong.
Old 8th March 2011, 18:30   #460
Senior - BHPian

I recollect reading in this thread earlier too that both 1.4 and 1.6 variants are in the offering and we are sure to get the 1.6 CRDI producing 126 bhp. Above information seem to substantiate this, Im so looking forward for this launch!
Old 9th March 2011, 07:59   #461
BHPian

i too beleive that A/T will be with 1.6 DSL

1.4 PL/DSL for base variants. 1.6 for Mid & High i suppose
Old 9th March 2011, 10:24   #462
BHPian

Solaris offers petrol 1.6L AT. What's going to prevent Hyundai in extending it to India? If i10 has a petrol AT variant, why not Verna?
Old 10th March 2011, 15:31   #463
An1
BHPian

My Brother In Law went to the Maruti Showroom in Hisar to book a Dzire today. While on the way back also thought of checking out the Hyundai Verna.
Guys at the Hyundai showroom informed him that they will be getting the All New Verna with a complete new shape and design, by 22nd March 2011.

Bookings will start after 22nd.

Pl. confirm if anyone else too came across any such news.
Old 10th March 2011, 16:45   #464
BHPian

The last post from 'Father' of this thread(@sidindica) was on 22-02-2011 so should I assume that 'The Father' has abandoned his child?

I recently read an online article that Hyundai conducted a motor’s test drive event from 24th to 28th February of All-New Accent(Verna RB) which took place in Dubai and close to 130 journalists from different countries (including India) were invited to have their hands dirty on this beauty.

IMO the launch in India is near as it has been spotted in Pune as well and I believe that it may happen by March 2011 end.
Sid's conspicuous absence on this thread is driving me nuts as I am too desperate to try my hands on this vehicle.
Sid please enlighten us.
Old 10th March 2011, 17:15   #465
xPK
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by An1 View Post
Guys at the Hyundai showroom informed him that they will be getting the All New Verna with a complete new shape and design, by 22nd March 2011. Bookings will start after 22nd.
Now this is something I was looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaynaphade View Post
The last post from 'Father' of this thread(@sidindica) was on 22-02-2011 so should I assume that 'The Father' has abandoned his child?
or 'Father' is already working on some secret mission!

Common folks we need more confirmations!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks